Cruise control

Tsunamibob

As some of you know we do agricultural spraying with our X1100c. In March I started looking for a manufacturer that makes a cruise control for the Kubotas. After a lot of research I came across a company called McCruise in Australia. Due to the pandemic they have had issues getting parts but finally they arrived and they shipped out a unit. Priced at 1775.00 aud or about $1400.00 Usd it’s a pretty good investment. I’m telling you about this because it arrived today.
Im in southern Oregon and we have a little heat wave happening (112 by Sunday) so I probably won’t get it installed until late next week at the earliest. I will update with pictures and comments when I get it up and running. If it works as advertised I will be getting a second one for our new unit.
Bob

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Seems expensive but for your application that sure fits the bill. Good luck with it and do let us know if you are satisfied with it's operation.

Tsunamibob

I have now had a bit of time with the cruise control. I am happy with it. I sprayed 100 acres the other day spraying 12 gallons an acre at 11.9 mile per hr. The acreage clicked off pretty fast. Done in just over 5 hours. Not having to worry about speed made the day much more enjoyable. I do recommend this product if you are spraying large areas or use your RTV where a cruise control would be useful. Yes the price is a little steep, but worth it for large area spray applications. Video is when we started at 5am before sunrise.

Bob

Attachments

• Nightspraying.mov
    7.2 MB

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Bob congratulations! Anything that helps our productivity or makes our work easier on our bodies is a blessing. I tried viewing your video but it was audio only for me. If you get time, I would be interested to know how the cruise control integrates with the throttle and go pedal. Would be very interested in the video. I am probably doing something wrong.

Tsunamibob

Thanks Paw. My iPhone plays it with no problem but on my computer I have to download the video then play it.
I will also try to make a video or at least some pictures of the install. It is real close to how it works in a car.
Bob

Amarillo

As some of you know we do agricultural spraying with our X1100c. In March I started looking for a manufacturer that makes a cruise control for the Kubotas. After a lot of research I came across a company called McCruise in Australia. Due to the pandemic they have had issues getting parts but finally they arrived and they shipped out a unit. Priced at 1775.00 aud or about $1400.00 Usd it’s a pretty good investment. I’m telling you about this because it arrived today.
Im in southern Oregon and we have a little heat wave happening (112 by Sunday) so I probably won’t get it installed until late next week at the earliest. I will update with pictures and comments when I get it up and running. If it works as advertised I will be getting a second one for our new unit.
Bob
Hey Bob, Curious if you are still enjoying the MC Cruise system. I've got a X1100c on order with a MC Cruise system with spray option waiting on it. I was hesitant to pull the trigger on that cruise control with the cost being over $1,000 and it being made outside of the U.S. Still working well and are you happy with it?

Tsunamibob

Amarillo,
The cruise is used all the time. The only issue I have with it is I can’t use it in low gear because of the kubota not the cruise. The neutral switch is worn and it’s a pain to get to. The cruise itself has worked flawlessly.

Amarillo

Amarillo,
The cruise is used all the time. The only issue I have with it is I can’t use it in low gear because of the kubota not the cruise. The neutral switch is worn and it’s a pain to get to. The cruise itself has worked flawlessly.
I had a full season using the MC Cruise control and what a nice product it proved to be. Instead of wearing my calf out trying to maintain the proper speed for spraying, I just set that control and paid attention to steering straight. They fine tuned calibrated the unit for 2-5 mph which is what I spray at and it works very well.

Tsunamibob

I have the MC Cruise now in two units. In spring, we will be putting in our third. We spray sometimes at 10-11.5 mph and it holds there just as well. Great product!