Dump bed sometimes does not stay down (2015 RTV x1000c)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been using the dump bed a lot cleaning up around the place. sometimes when I set something heavy on the tail gate the bed will start to rise. Other times the bed is locked in place and it does not budge when I set something heavy there.
So far I have not come up with what causes the bed to be free rather than locked down.
Has anyone else run into this minor issue?

tfdr1

I had the same problem on my X900 and I just adjusted the cable that attaches to the lever in the cab.

Reactions: Doc

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree that it is likely that cable as tfdr1 suggested to check. I was thinking the lever might have slipped into float .

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you both.
Duh. I didn't realize the lever had a float position. Will have to look closer. Remembering now that float is a must when engine won't start and you need the bed up. double duh. :bonk:

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
The bed control lever must be In the center/float position when not dumping. To eliminate your issue push the lever all the way down and then to the center, this will load the cylinder with down pressure. The lever has the folding plate for maintaining center lock. If you leave the lever locked down, it will cause heating up/dead head of the hydraulics. Not a good idea, just listen when you lower bed and keep lever down for a moment before returning to center.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks. I flipped the center lock to the side and simply left the lever all the way down. I simply didn't know any better.
Thanks ZZZ2D1.

Tsunamibob

On our x1100c Kubota installed a hydraulic flow stop valve on a line from the ram. I then installed a toggle switch to turn it on and off. This solved the issue of the bed opening when the dump valve is in the normal position.
Bob