Found a much improved headlamp upgrade.

rleonard

Last summer I replaced the #896 halogen lamp with an LED replacement. I bought these off of amazon;

Antline Extremely Bright 50W High Power 881 889 886 894 896 LED Fog Light Bulbs Xenon White for DRL or Fog Lights (Packs of 2)

I was very disappointed. They are worse than the OEM lamps. Now that I'm working on dressing out the new 1100C, I found these from Alla Lighting. The model is 881-FL-BH-HL;

Link

I installed them last night and the difference is dramatic. The optics are correct and the beam pattern is spot on. Twice the light and a brighter color temperature. There is a tiny fan that keeps the lamps cool.

There was a minor modification that was needed. When I plugged the lamps into the wiring harness, they did not work. The polarity was reversed. This is pointed out on the website as a 50-50 chance of happening. The solution is to "flip" the plug, but they are keyed preventing this. The solution took only minutes. I removed the key slot on the wiring harness plug with a Dremel moto tool and a narrow wheel to remove the key slot in the plug. After that the wiring harness plug fit into the lamp socket with the correct polarity.

Smilingreen

I just installed the Beamtech 880's in my RTV today. I'll run it tonight and see what she looks like.
I must have gotten thme on a sale or something. Shipped, they were only $28.41. (y)

Smilingreen

Wow! What a difference between the stock halogen bulbs and the LED bulbs! I took the 1100 out tonight and ran it down through the woods and down my farm lane. A literal night and day difference. Why couldn't Kubota put LEDS in the headlamps to begin with? My factory work lights are LED. I am just wondering if the LEDs will be too bright during a snow storm. You guys that got them, how are they during a good blizzard at night?

tfdr1

Wow! What a difference between the stock halogen bulbs and the LED bulbs! I took the 1100 out tonight and ran it down through the woods and down my farm lane. A literal night and day difference. Why couldn't Kubota put LEDS in the headlamps to begin with? My factory work lights are LED. I am just wondering if the LEDs will be too bright during a snow storm. You guys that got them, how are they during a good blizzard at night?

I had the LED headlights and brighter than stock work lights and it was fine plowing with the X900 I had. The only bad thing was my plow was stainless and the headlights would reflect off the back of it a bit when I had the plow raised.

Dave