free set of plows if someone wants them!!

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
is anyone close by here that hunts and wants a set of plows to pull behind thier rtv ? i think they are like 6 blades the blades are good enough for a hunting plot or you can get new ones . i might even have some new ones in the shed if i do you can have them too put they are free for the takin. i'll post pictures if anyone wants them i know if you was to buy some they would run you about 1k for a set like this infact they might be antique for all i know but i don't wanna cut them up and scrap them because i know someone can use them .i pull them behind my hpx to groom the trails and they work fine they would be even better for a food plot.</P>

<P mce_keep="true">Tommy I have an L-2800 Kubota Tractor but I do not grow anything but weeds. If the guys on this site keep training me I may become a farmer.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">It's only right, if you own a tractor, you gotta have some sort of garden.... Wonder if Mustard Greens will grow good up there, butterbeans, okra, turnips ?</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I would be test firing all kinds of seeds, heck, you just might grow some the best in the country !!!! Squash, Egg Plant , the list can go on & on !!!!</P>

<P mce_keep="true">Things grow great but the deer and elkeat most everything. Short growing season it gets 25 degrees at night in early June. Some of the neighbors havesmall gardenswith tall fences. One neighborhad somehuge sunflowers growing and a heard of elk came buy and ate everyone of the flowers off. You only see hay fields in the Helena Montana area. Lots of fat cows.</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">here they are they have 5 blades on each side . they have two spots on the top for weights but you can't see it because they are flipped over. i also have a "motts hammer mower" the engine is dead but everything else is in workin order it's also free the motor probably can be rebuilt but you would be better off just putting another 8hp on it.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">
1005434mk3.jpg
</P>
<P mce_keep="true">
1005436hg9.jpg
</P>
<P mce_keep="true">
1005433di7.jpg
</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In the North, we call those disks or harrows.</p>

A plow (by our terms) is something that turns over a lot of dirt. Like digging out and flipping the top 12". A RTV couldn't pull a single bottom plow.
</p>

</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Love to have them to smooth out some rocks, but still
too cold & snowy up here:

<span style="font-size: 13.5pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black;">Date:</span><span style="font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black;"> 3/28/08 </span><span style="font-size: 13.5pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: rgb(0, 176, 240);">Time</span><span style="font-size: 13.5pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black;">:</span><span style="font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black;"> 3:46:25p</span><span style="color: black;"> </span><span style="font-size: 13.5pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: rgb(0, 176, 240);">Temp</span><span style="font-size: 13.5pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: rgb(128, 255, 128);"> </span><span style="font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black;">21.0°F</span><o:p></o:p></p>

<font color="#80ff80" face="Arial" size="4"><font color="black" face="Arial" size="3"></font></font>
</p>

<P mce_keep="true">BCZOOM,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Do you think that TOMMY may be drinking too much Turnip wine.....[D]......Calling those disc harrows, PLOWS......</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I hope Two Guns knows what they are..........LOL........What about it Two Guns???????????[*-)]</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil.....</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">dems plows to me!! they have disc on them that plow up the dirt .lol. but they plows</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">
<P mce_keep="true">go ahead rusty make fun of me after you get your stuff from me huh!! lol what a friend you are gonna make fun of a dumb coonass like me .i would like for you to know i did make it to the fith grade and half of the sixth grade.so i am smarter than a fith grader!!!
<P mce_keep="true">[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]

BCZOOM,</P>

Do you think that TOMMY may be drinking too much Turnip wine.....
emotion-46.gif
......Calling those disc harrows, PLOWS......</P>

I hope Two Guns knows what they are..........LOL........What about it Two Guns???????????
emotion-42.gif
</P>

Rusty Anvil.....</P>[/quote]

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">This is one of those questions that the answerdepends on who your talking to, or what side of the river you are on ~~~~</P>
<P mce_keep="true">plows, disc, harrows, etc, etc ~~~</P>

<P mce_keep="true">"From: The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition/Date 2007</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Disk plow or disk, farm implement employing a row or rows of concave circular steel disks that cut and pitch the soil in a way somewhat similar to a moldboard <U>plow.</U> It can be used in many situations where the latter will not work, such as dry crusty soil, rough ground, or sticky gumbo. The one-way disk has essentially replaced other plows in areas where wind erosion on the soil is a problem as it can work the soil without turning it completely over, thus leaving the stubble on top for protection. This type of disk can also be fitted with attachments for seeding small grains.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Bibliography: See H.P. Smith and L.H Wilkes, Farm Machinery and Equipment (6th ed. 1976); C. Culpin, Farm Machinery (11th. ed. 1986)"</P>
<P mce_keep="true">For anybody that doesn't know what sticky gumbo is, you need to work it some time. </P>

<P mce_keep="true">Tommy, Two Guns,,,,,,,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I want to apologize for picking on you guys about the plows or discs or harrows or whatever they are depending on what area of the country you are located.......[:#] From now on I will consult Webster or Columbia encyclopedia so I know what I am talking about........LOL...............I will take the word of Webster because he talks for the South, North, East and West......I was just having fun with you so don't be angry [8o|] be happy........Just tell everyone that ( You have a friend in Pennsylvania ),,,,,,,,,That is one of our expressions for Tourism here in PA....................I hope the next item I purchase isn't crooked......LMAO......</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,,,,</P>

<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Hey, I know you were just having some fun as we all do. I happen to live in the middle and farm too, so I have the opportunity to see both sides. I quoted the Columbia Encyclopedia just having some fun as well. I wonder who went to the CE to see if I was quoting right. I did quote though.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Wish we could meet you in Flagstaff, Arizona onSeptember 22 for a good time this fall.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Tommy</P>
<P mce_keep="true">How are the rails coming along. Can not wait to get them and Camoclad them.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true"> Don't apologize, we know you were just a pickin' ~~~ We all know, manydefinitions of many things depends on where, who, and what area you are stating them in ~~~~ just like a soft drink, in some areas folks call them " POPS" & some just call 'em " COKES " , something like hotcakes or pancakes, truckor pick-ups,dinner or supper, shells or cartridges, just depends on who you ask ~~~</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> <FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4>~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>
<P mce_keep="true"> </P>

<P mce_keep="true">Nick,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">ONly time will tell if I can make it to Arizona in September........It will depend on my health......</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil,,</P>