Glow plug lamp

Harley

I have an L48 Kubota tractor, when I go to start it the glow plug lamp comes on, wait a few seconds and she fires right up, and the lamp goes out …..however twenty minutes later while working it the lamp will come on again for 30-60 seconds and go out….this repeats at odd intervals while working? So is it a bad air temperature intake sensor or the relay or???

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi and welcome.
Or I wonder if it's getting ready to quit all together. My L3010 never had those symptoms but the glow plug light quit working. I had it to the shop for something else and asked them to check that. They said the glow plugs are working but the light is bad. 135 bucks to fix it.but they advised simply to hold the key part way 7 seconds before starting then start. That has worked for me for 3 or more years. Mine is a 2002 model.

RainyRay

On older Kubota tractors, it's probably often common that the glow plug lamp simply does not work. Bottom line, if you glow plug is defective, you will know it--- and you will have major problems starting the engine.

Reactions: Doc