Going to purchase a X1100C

botayota

I've always wanted to visit Messicks, and have ordered parts from them, but might be a bigger road trip than I want to take right now.
There are another couple dealers closer to me I'll probably check out.

botayota

There's a factory option spray on Bed Liner, anyone here do that option? Is it worth it? Are there other aftermarket options that might
be just has good, rubber mat,.... etc? Thanks, Clint

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bought my x1100c used, and it appears to have the factory bed liner and it awesome. I've had two other RTV's and tried matts and they were a PIA. Had to move them when dumping, They worked but the spray it makes the bed more solid all the way around.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
One of the problems with mats is they allow water and condensation and spilled materials to seep beneath them and cause rust/corrosion and a general mess. Bed Liner is better.... either factory or aftermarket which is professionally-applied. (The spray-can types are inferior.)

Kingfisher

Okay, went to local Kubota dealer today, and spoke with them, told me the snowblower option is not very popular here in this area because adding the Front PTO reduces clearance substantially, and yes we get big snows here in SWNH. But he did say they recommend the BOSS VPlow over the KBota V, and they will install the BOSS. So I'm probably going with the BOSS plow, and not think about the Snow blower option at this time.
He told me get on a list and I might see the 1100C by spring... Haa Haa I'll update has I move along.
Thanks,
Cling
Also here in NH and love the snowblower. Blew 36 inches of snow up a 30 degree slope last storm. No problems. There is a clearance reduction but I have not experienced any real issues

Attachments

• 43850509-C05D-466A-9663-52AC8A12A7BD.jpeg
    43850509-C05D-466A-9663-52AC8A12A7BD.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: Doc

Bigsteak

I did not go with the bed Liner from the dealer I used a stable mat from tractor supply very heavy and stays in place when dumping my rtv is a 1140 .The roof they sell is around 800.00 for a piece of plastic....If you tow on a trailer often it may become fatigued and come off I had that happen to my golf cart golng down the highway. I bought 2 sets of 6 ft car ramps from harbor freight did a little cutting and trimming and and got some cnc 2 in clamps (off amazon) and fabbed it up and took it to a welder now I have a solid roof and also and a platform that i used when I painted my house I intend on camping on it in on top in the future I also drilled holes on perimeter to strap down any thing I want transport. Two sets of ramps are rated at 2400 lbs overkill !! I also use a wheelchair lift ( mobility scooter lift ) In the reciever to transport a generator of other tools on the farm in tennessee The only thing is to watch out for your clearence for garage doors. Ramps260.00 cnc Brackets 40.00 labor welding 60.00 permament

mgrick

I'm running the Boss V plow on mine. The added weight seems to make it even harder to shift from reverse to low. Dealer picked it up and also noticed the shifting issue and made some adjustments. I shift a lot when I'm plowing and it really takes the enjoyment away. Even after dealer made some adjustments it only made a slight improvement. Something to think about before purchase. And unlike all the videos you see of people plowing nice flat parking lots and driveways mine is is not.IMG_0988.JPG

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
NICE set up you have there mgrick.

Shifting the RTV's when on a hill or when pressure is on the unit (like a bunch of snow) can be tough. Much like taking a car out of park when sitting on a steep hill. For the RTV if you turn the steering wheel that can help, or some times applying the brake can help. I've never tried turning the steering wheel and applying brake ..that might help. If worse comes to worse and you cannot get it out of gear you can always turn off the engine. That usually makes it easy to shift neutral and restart but I understand that is a pain to do in the middle of plowing. RTV's have always had this 'feature' but the more you work with it the less of a pain it becomes. At least that is my experience.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
As Doc described my 04 900 does that sometimes until I lift the blade. So I just automatically start to raise the blade before I shift.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They also "break in" as the hours go up.
When my RTV was new, it always struggled to shift. After a 100-200 hours it was much easier.

Westfield

NICE set up you have there mgrick.

Shifting the RTV's when on a hill or when pressure is on the unit (like a bunch of snow) can be tough. Much like taking a car out of park when sitting on a steep hill. For the RTV if you turn the steering wheel that can help, or some times applying the brake can help. I've never tried turning the steering wheel and applying brake ..that might help. If worse comes to worse and you cannot get it out of gear you can always turn off the engine. That usually makes it easy to shift neutral and restart but I understand that is a pain to do in the middle of plowing. RTV's have always had this 'feature' but the more you work with it the less of a pain it becomes. At least that is my experience.
Something i found that works pretty well is to touch the gas pedal a little bit while you're shifting. Also press on the brake I believe that's what releases the hydraulic pressure. I now have a little over 100 hours on my machine and now I have very little shifting problems. My Shifting wasn't too bad to begin with

mgrick

I press on the brake as your supposed to but that doesn't always relieve the pressure in my case. I have to blip the throttle or lift the plow or drop the plow. Sometimes I can get away with shifting as the plow goes up, sometimes I have to hit the brake just as the plow hits the ground. It really is just crazy the amount of effort it takes just to change gears. And then sometimes it will change gears with little effort at all.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Mine refused to shift with the engine running until I discovered the pressure-relief valve control-cable was mis-adjusted in front of the cab where it passes thru the cowling. I adjusted it myself so that pressing the brake pedal operates the relief valve at the rear of the transmission and VOILA!
Every once in a while some gear-teeth end up right on top of each other an a “blip” of the throttle is necessary to slip them into meshing, but it’s rare....and it’s obvious because the shift-lever fails to fall completely into it’s slot until the gears mesh.