Grote mirrors

Doug,</p>

I have one more picture to send but now I am getting a message from the administrator saying that I can't post duplicate pictures..........This is a different picture.........Neil or Bczoom what can I do to correct this problem.....</p>

</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,,</p>

Doug,</p>

For what it is worth, I like the looks of the Grote mirrors you installed better than the baby west coast mirrors I put on mine. In fact, I am taking them off and putting the Grote mirrors on mine. I can see great with the west coast mirrors but don't like the angle of the mirrorfrom the side.I worked with the door brackets as well but they are not right above each other and Itake the door off when spraying with the wand. Themirror comes off with the door. They are a flat mirror and I got them from Advanced Auto Parts-$25 each.</p>

I am going to change my light bar that folds back too. I am going to mount every thing different now. I think I have a neat way of mounting the Go-Light that I am going to do now. Going to come off the back center roof bolts with a steel bracket made like a Z so the bottom part of the Z is just above the top of the rear screen. On top of the lower part of the bracket, am going to put a scissor jack. On top of the scissor jack will be my go-light. The jack will allow me to raise the go-light about 13 inches and will be high enough to clear the roof and work to the front and back. Then when I want to go under something low, I screw the scissor jack to it lowest position. Probably leave it in the lowest position until I get ready to use it and then screw it up. Probably make a small track to hold the top of the scissor jack in the same location-up or down-so the light will be more or less permanently located toward the front.</p>

Sorry, I didn't get back sooner but quite honestly, been quite busy. Getting somewhat caught up now, so I can get back on many projects started but not finished.</p>

Great job on the grote mirrors.</p>

Nick</p>

Doug,</p>

On the first picture, I have the light just sitting on the roof to show you what the (Z) holder looks like. The second picture is the end product............If you need any more info, just ask........</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,,,,</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]</p>

Doug,</p>

I have one more picture to send but now I am getting a message from the administrator saying that I can't post duplicate pictures..........This is a different picture.........Neil or Bczoom what can I do to correct this problem.....[/quote]</p>

I'm not exactly sure how Neil has it setup but this may be because you posted a particular picture in another thread. I'll check with Neil but I'll bet if you changed the picture name before uploading, it'll probably upload for you.</p>

</p>

</p>

G

I second that. I have pretty much all the duplicate post / picture / etc stuff turned on to keep things clean. If you change the file name it will post. Also make sure you type some unique text in the message box as well. </p>

ZOOM & Neil,,,,,,</p>

Thanks for the advice........I finally figured it out......I sent a picture a couple weeks ago with the same file name.....</p>

Nick,,,,</p>

Another great ideawith the scissor jack. Another great mind like Abraham Lincoln comes out of Illinois.......</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,</p>

Members update,</p>

I installed the drivers side mirror yesterday evening and hope to get time to install the passenger side mirror today....Everything came out perfect....I used a 21mm drill bit and a 10/32 tap and 1/2 inch long hex head bolt. I clamped the mirror to the hinge and punched a starting hole and then unclamped the mirror and drilled and tapped my holes.......Everything fit perfect..........</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,</p>

DOUG,</p>

Thanks for recommending the Grote mirrors......They worked out perfectly.......How is your Strobe Light project working out????????</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,</p>

randu2

Thanks also, I put the Grote mirrors on this week and they work great. Put them on according to yourdirectionsand they fit perfectly. Good choice for mirrors.</p>

Randy</p>

river

Strobe light project is on the back burner for now. Anyway, I won't be needing it untill the snow flies. Thanks to all for some good suggestions. I have the 1100, so I don't know if a coiled cord would be a good choice for going into the cab. I think it should have a straight cord.</p>

We have our grandson visiting for a week right now, plus I've been working on an addition to the house. Just punched through the basement wall for HVAC and sewer lines yesterday.</p>

Happy July 4th to all.</p>

Doug</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="river"] I have the 1100, so I don't know if a coiled cord would be a good choice for going into the cab. I think it should have a straight cord.[/quote]</p>

Doug,</p>

Although many sites show a coiled cord, many of the actual models have a straight cord so be sure to read the fine print. </p>

The ones I installed are magnetic mount and use the cigarette lighter. I set mine up so I can grab them off the RTV quickly and put on the truck or wherever. I installed one of those 3-way cigarette lighter things in the roof area and keep them plugged in there. I then have a switch that controls the power getting to the 3-way plug.</p>

</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
thats how i'm gonna setup my flood lights on my rhino with 12 volt outlets that way when i want to yank the roof off on them nice spring days all i have to do is unplug them.</p>

river

I had my eye on a strobe on eBay yesterday, and was all set to put in a bid with 1 minute left, when I did a search for that exact model (Star 201ZM) in Google and found a price of $53.50 ON SALE, INCLUDING SHIPPING, at this site:</p>

http://www.emergencyresponderproducts.com/siflmamo.html</p>

This site has a more detailed product description but a higher price:</p>

http://mwsafety.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=STA_201Z</p>

So I ordered mine from emergencyresponderproducts. I wasn't going to post this until I received the unit, but since it on sale and such a better price than any other site I could find, I went ahead.</p>

ERS (the first link) appears to be a Yahoo-only site, so it should be reliable. Never ordered from them before. When the unit arrives, I'll let you all know.</p>

Doug</p>

river

The strobe light arrived earlier than expected, just before we left town for a week, which explains why I didn't let y'all know sooner. </p>

I unpacked it and it does include a velcro-mounted steel plate and straight cord, good for going through the 1100's door gasket, and plenty long enough. I plugged it in to a convenient 12V outlet, and it works fine. I will be velcro-ing the plate to the roof of my 1100, and sticking it on the plate when I go out to plow, or drive a distance on the road.</p>

This is the web page that I ordered from:
http://www.emergencyresponderproducts.com/siflmamo.html</p>

If you want more detail, see this site, which is more expensive:</p>

http://mwsafety.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=STA_201Z</p>

very satisfied - Doug</p>

jik

</p>
<div><span style="font-size: x-small;">Thanks to all for your info on theGrote mirrors. They work great. Put them on according to yourdirectionsand they look and work fine.</span></div>

Brian Bolger

Site Supporter
Hi,</p>

Just wondering how the Blizzard plow is working. Does it have enough power to lift when full of snow and pushing hard?</p>

Brian</p>

</p>

river

Here's a picture of my snowbank from December 23rd. It's almost 5 feet high. I push the snow into the snowbank and, keeping the power on, raise the blade and keep going. So yes it does. The angle cylinders have enough power to move the RTV backwards if you operate the angle while the blade is in a snowbank.</p>

Doug</p>

river

Here's another one showing the plowbank left by the road plow cut back to the curb so we can get to the mailbox.</p>