Had a Look

ItBmine

I'm still looking at what I want to replace my two atv's with, since I still want something a bit faster than my RTV-X1100C for the trail rides with my friends where we need to do some roading to connect trails.

So today I saw the Roxor featured on a news show on RFD-TV. So I looked them up online as I was kind of interested. It says the Roxor is not available in Canada??
I wonder why that is?

I also still kinda want an Argo. I like the idea of being able to drive onto the lake and go fishing. But my crooked Polaris dealer is also the Argo dealer. I called them because I saw they had an orange Argo there. It is last years obsolete Frontier 600 and they want $14,999 for it. I said to the sales woman "Argo Canada has a sale on, $11,099 for the new Frontier 650."
She said "well we don't have that model" and I said "well you can keep your obsolete model then."

ItBmine

Bordercollie, I see on the web site the new Roxor's can do 55 MPH. Is yours the same or have they made changes since you bought yours?

Do you think they can be used as an ATV/SxS for trail riding and do as good? Where I ride, I don't get into the mud bogging, I ride mostly logging roads and old railbed.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have my RTV for work and a Honda Pioneer 1000 for hauling people and for fun. It's a five seater. Seats are folded down most of the time but when needed they pop right up. It makes a good combo with the RTV. It will go more than 55. And it keeps up with the Polaris's on the trail.

ItBmine

Yes I like the Pioneer too Doc, but mentioned it before, dealers around here want $34,000 plus 13%tax for a Pioneer 1000. No thanks. I can get other brands of UTV's with a cab and air conditioning for that price.

Reactions: Doc

ItBmine

I think it's a pain to get it registered over here when you get home. Not sure how it would work out? I know I'd still have to pay our tax at the border.

I think I'll probably end up staying orange and get a Sidekick. At least I like my Kubota dealer.

A Sidekick isn't rocket fast either, but 40 MPH is good enough. And I can put a cab and heater with the same hard doors and roll up windows like my 1100.

Or do you mean do like I did in my old AMA motorcycle racing days.....every time I came back home to Canada my bikes and brand new tires on them and I had all new riding gear in my bag, LOL

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You plan sounds like the best option. 40 is plenty fast for a UTV.
I have no idea how the border works. Much like here in Ohio. I can buy out of state but in the end to register and get it legal the state gets it's share of tax money. We peons can't win no matter.

ItBmine

I do know that any motorized vehicle bought in the USA has to be inspected at a certified garage over here and brought up to Canadian standards to get it registered here. In most cases that is just a matter of adding some reflectors and stupid little things like that. And the inspection is a couple hundred bucks.

ItBmine

The city nearest me (Sault Ste. Marie, On) is known for the worst rip off dealers I have ever dealt with. Every thing from ATV's to class 8 trucks. Just horrible service. That's why I tend to go to other cities to get stuff done.
Luckily my Kubota/Deere dealer (Northshore Tractor, Echo Bay) has been very good to me. And they are always fully stocked.