Had some fun....

jwstewar

Staff member
We built an addition to the kids' playset. It sound like it was going to be pretty cool connected to the old one via a bridge. Only one problem before we got it finished, we decided we were going to bring the above ground pool home that I had at my Mom & Dad's house (27' x 48"). Because of how the yard is laid out, the only good place to sit the pool is where the old and new swings were (can't figure out why on over 7 1/2 acres everything has to end up in one spot:bash: ) Anyway, decided to move the swings and trampoline. Trampoline (15') and new addition (8x8 + climbing wall and slide) moved with out an issue. The old one, well, was another story. As I started lifting and dragging with the tractor pieces started breaking/falling off. My son was upset because "Dad you are destroying it!!) Finally got it to where we wanted. Took an inventory and starting taking pieces off that were broke. In the process the "factory" hardware was all but impossible to get apart. We finally decided it wasn't worth it. Then we asked him if we built a new one, could we destroy it. He absolutely loved it as I started crushing it with the tractor and loader. I think it took me all of about 3 or 4 minutes to crush it. I don't know who had more fun, him watching me crush it or me actually crushing it. Wish I would've gotten pictures.

BTW, I was able to use the tractor and PHD to dig a hole for the fireman's pole. The rain really helped the tractor dig, we had dug the hole before we moved it, but fortunately we hadn't poured the cement yet.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, this is the 2nd swingset moving thread I've seen in the past two days. :eek: :D
We've had a trampoline for years. Before I got the Kubota I would grap ahold of the tramp and drive the tractor thus pulling it to another location so I could mow. This worked sometimes. Other times the tramp would get in a bind and not move, so I would have to dismount from the tractor. :mad: I hate when that happens. Then I got the Kubota and front end loader :D, with it I could line the loader bucket up with the tramp and push it whereever I wanted it. :thumb: Made it so much easier to mow that area.

Has anyone else noticed that the grass grows better under the tramp than out in the open? :confused: Any ideas as to why that is?