Hello All!

jonathanwlewis

Hello. I just joined the forum. I recently bought a RTV-X1100C in February of this year. I have almost 26 hours on it. Mainly I use it for a lawn care company. I haven't noticed the clunking as described in earlier threads, but am having another. I have a sudden loss of power going uphill with the throttle all of the way. Once I hit 3/4 of the way on the pedal, then I have good power. Once it goes beyond that then I hear a loss of power on the engine and wants to slow down to almost nothing. Has anyone else experience this? Other than this, this piece of equipment works very well. I bought the v blade for snow and the winch. Have used both quite a bit. I live in the Midwest.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Jonathan. I don't have that model but would check the spark arrestor .. bordercollie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Johnathan and Welcome to Net Tractor Talk.
BC is one of our resident experts and probably hit the nail on the head as to your issue. Good luck.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV.

I'd look at the spark arrestor but it also may be normal.

If you're losing power when climbing hills, what you want to do is back off the pedal to somewhere around 1/2. By doing so, you're going to kick in an aux pump. You'll know you hit the sweet spot when the engine RPM's go back up and you feel power back. You will have power again but at a slower speed. It's in the design.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Jonathon............there is BC...........who is bczoom..........and border collie.......two very distinct experts around here.....I think you were thanking Collie?????

BC.............do the new 1100's do that also????.....yes, you and I both know that trick on the old 900's but have NOT seen it talked about on the newer ones. So the transmission redesign, if there is one, has that with it????.............God bless......Dennis

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dennis, I don't know if the new ones have that but it would be easy enough to give it a try.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Dennis, I don't know if the new ones have that but it would be easy enough to give it a try.

For sure to try it as you described...........I bet LOTS of the newer folks on here that own the older 900's are not even aware of that feature............Would REALLY like to know if the new ones, 900 and 1100's do that or have the transmissions been changed......God bless

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
welcome to the rtv forum. members here are friendly and courteous and kind. no kidding... lol. come back often and bring with you as many photos as you wish. several folks here have problems with the really big words but smile really big when they see pictures. just goofing here... but it does help to bring your sense of humor. the aforementioned mashing down about 1/2 down on the go-pedal when going uphill seems counter-intuitive but it does work on my 1100.

rapracing

Welcome!

To answer your question, Yes mine does the same thing.

At Dennis: The transmission is a new design. 2 speed (Low & High) forward and one reverse. They say you can go anywhere in high gear, unlike the older machines. On the river hill behind my home I could go up it empty in medium on my 900 and low with a good load of horse poop. Earlier today my son and I went up the hill in Low (empty just him and I). The machine bogged down. Every time it would do that I would back off and it would pick up engine speed but when I tried accelerating again it would immediately bog again.

628pm

Site Supporter
I have the x900 and mine goes up hills fine I don't floor it though. Take the hills at about half pedal if you floor it the machine doesn't pick up speed , go back to the half pedal and it is fine. It climbs hills much better than my 2009 4010 mule I had.