Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovrszd

Bordercollie, I understand your situation. I'm 5 years into bringing back a farmstead. It's slow but very rewarding and Soul Food.

My Dad's philosophy about painting was to start at the back side and end at the front. Think he was always afraid he'd never finish otherwise. :)

ovrszd

I guess I will have to keep my payments. $00.00
1989 Mercedes Benz 300TE
1992 Dodge D250 CTD auto
1996 Dodge 2500 V10 auto ClubCab
1996 Dodge 2500 V10 5-sp 4x4 ClubCab
1998.5 Dodge 3500 24V CTD 5-sp QuadCab
2004 Dodge Intrepid 3.5L police pkg.
Both the '96s and the Intrepid are still well under 100k mi,
Bryce

Bryce, nice collection!! My Son has 3 Dodge trucks. I'll gather some pics, you'd enjoy them. One is a first Gen, ton,straight cab long bed 4x4 with 360. He's converting it to a 24 valve.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
In Michigan, I could buy a new truck for the cost of license and insurance on those. Just an observation not a shot.

My stable is:
2014 Ram Sport Hemi purchased used daily driver
2007 Prius for my wife
1974 Avanti SBC 383 stroker
1983 Avanti SBC 355 roller cam injected
1954 Studebaker hardtop SBC/700R4 TPI engine

But the cost of ownership of the three classic cars under $250/ea/yr with classic car plates and insurance.

Bob

ovrszd

Bob, In Missouri a vehicle 25 years old or more is licensed as an antique. I paid $25 few years back for a plate on an old Jeep. Never expires, valid as long as I own the vehicle. Insurance can be purchased based on annual mileage and is very cheap. Taxes are basically nothing.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank ya'll for the encouragement.As my Mama and Daddy would say about a hard project.. " it's a hard row to hoe." but I love it.
My little truck will qualify for antique before too long' It's a 1994 Toyota with 69,000 miles. A few years ago, a man followed me out of the Kubota place and said " I'll give you 50 $100 bills"... He was drooling over the low miles . :)

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Tractor Supply has water hoses with a lifetime warranty...... .....Anyway, one went bad with splits and such. She took it back along with the paper cover thing and then walked out with a new hose.....We have a good manager at our TSC and that may say something; but perhaps it's worth a try.........
Yep, went to TS the other day, they have 2 brands with "lifetime" warranty, both were $10.00 - $15.00 more than the lesser-warranty hoses. But nowhere on the "outside" of the wrapper did they define "lifetime". With a little pulling and twisting I could see the underneath side of the wrapper and found what I was looking for. In a nutshell, if the hose fails due to faulty workmanship or material defect they will repair or replace the hose. But they're clear that the hose has to be shipped back to the manufacture, DO NOT TAKE IT BACK TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE!

How does one determine "Material Defect"? If the material is only designed with a lifetime expectation of 3 years and the product lasted 5 years, then it exceeded its lifetime design. Right? And even if you argue with that philosophy and mail it back, the cost of freight is as much as a new hose.

So I said screw it and buried a few hundred feet of 3/4" PVC.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank ya'll for the encouragement.As my Mama and Daddy would say about a hard project.. " it's a hard row to hoe." but I love it.
My little truck will qualify for antique before too long' It's a 1994 Toyota with 69,000 miles.)

Yep, that's almost a collector. A "pure" truck without a bunch of bells and whistles. Sheet metal, an engine/driveline, and seats........Last forever.............You must be driving your high hours RTVs to the store and such and saving your truck to head out to Arkansas on your "make it spiffy" again trips up to Arkansas. So proud of you that you have the time, energy, and resources to do that mission.....God bless......Dennis

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
So I said screw it and buried a few hundred feet of 3/4" PVC.

Like I said, we have a goooood TSC manager. Or maybe it's my wife's winning smile and NON-demand way of getting her point across. Gonna keep her around for awhile....

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you. Dennis, you know my secrets on the mileage. When new, it cost 13,585. My firstnew truck my parents bought for me- with the pop open air vents for cooling and am radio cost 3700 new. That was a 1976 Ford Courier. :tiphat: collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I drove a 1970 Land Rover series IIA for 35 years daily. i retired it last year for a 2000 toyota tundra. i still have the IIA i just don't drive it daily anymore. i wonder how long the RTV will last?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I assembled an add on for our fire pit that the kids got us. And I finally put the brush hog on the tractor to catch up on brush hogging my trails. I'm so behind this year. But I got a good start at catching up. It feels good to be back at brush hoggin all the growth from this past growing season.

Here is a pic of the grill add on for the fire pit. Can't wait to try it out for chili an brats.

Attachments

• FirePitGrillAddOn.jpg
    FirePitGrillAddOn.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 74

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
LOOKIN GOOOOOOD BUD!!!! When is the invite for all us KOMERADS on here.....Wonder how that would go if we had like 3 months notice?????......Just thinkin on how to put that good thing to a real workout!!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yea Doc and Dennis, if we could get get over the mountains in between, we could avg up to 24 miles an hour - for a while anyway! I'll bring some catfish to fry on the side and some hushpuppies and... oh yea some beef for the grill too. Dennis maybe you can supply the goat. ;) ;) collie

Last edited:

Mark.Sibole

Day 2 of Youth HUnting and at 7:45 am Jacob dropped a nice big doe.Hes a happy 13 year old.Now hopefully Zachary can hook up tonight as its the last day of the 2 day season for kids before all the asshats and citiots get in the woods.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Ah yes Mark.......Another NRAer for life....It's great to see you are teaching the way of life that will really count........God bless.....Dennis

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Doc.....something in the Spring????...........We will have some 3 month Billies that are perfect for bbq Mexican style for sure

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Doc.....something in the Spring????...........We will have some 3 month Billies that are perfect for bbq Mexican style for sure

Dennis, if we start driving now, we might make it by then but I 'll have to figure out how Daisy the moo cow will fit in the back. Doc, if you see this coming up the road, fire up the grill. ;) or maybe run and hide :yum: . collie

Attachments

• 1220151327.jpg
    1220151327.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 54

Kanook

I'll bring the ice for the coolers (blocks cut from the frozen lake)....Heck, I'll even fill the empty space back there with some Molson Canadian and LaBatt Blue.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That sounds really good Kanook and Dennis :) I'm already thirsty and hungry. How 'bout some of that cold water fish Kanook? :) collie

Status
Not open for further replies.