Home improvement

Oldpath

Home improvmet, yuck but it has to be done and I'm the only person I can afford. I now have the lumber, I have the screws, nails, staples, paint brush and HD stain, still looking for the ambition or at least the want-to......

First step is have two sections of railings ready to go after I replace some planking and this is the start and how I'm going to make them........
IMG-0268.JPG

IMG-0270.JPG

IMG-0269.JPG

IMG-0274.JPG

The first part is all in place and ready to screw and nail, next weekend-ish...
IMG-0275.JPG

Oldpath

Sense this railing is made of heavy oak I decided to paint it in pieces then put it together, the only hard part is I'll sometimes lots of times accidently touch something with left hand that has wet paint on it then my nose itches......
xkYcgsQh.jpg

JKOyXJlh.jpg

Oldpath

After two years in the making this rail section is done. The hard part was centering the 1-3/4" rail section in the 5-3/8"top hand rail and the bottom 3-1/2" rail part, due to the lack of math skills it required lots of pencil markings.......
oIpv0tnl.jpg

fT4Z0wCh.jpg

ZlinvL8h.jpg

eWsIbqwh.jpg

Oldpath

Made a start on deck repair, lessons learned so far is old deck screws dont like coming back out, saws-all metal cutting blades dont like cutting them either, I turned several blades blue, still have fare amount of screws that need dissecting so thinking of trying one of these carbide blades and see if that will do better.......
IMG-0433.JPG

IMG-0438.JPG

IMG-0449.JPG

IMG-0448.JPG

Oldpath

Sometimes a 2' square should be 10'.... So to keep floor joist straight and square I decided to make a 10' square just to get the first one right using 6-8-10, between that and a Bosch laser I'm close or close enough................
IMG-0462.JPG

IMG-0463.JPG

IMG-0467.JPG

IMG-0471 (1).JPG

IMG-0464.JPG

Oldpath

Then after all that my driveway need fixing bad, hopping my son gets that done by Sept. Starting with road fill that the road crew said they had a lot of, then a layer of gravel over that, then something over that so the rain dont wash it away in 5 years...........
CW9pOe5h.jpg

BlF3kBYh.jpg

KSnTDO9h.jpg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Are you going to put road fabric between the dirt and the stone? I won't lay a driveway without it. If you don't, the stone will sink and the dirt will rise to the top.