How long did your RTV-X Battery Last?

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Had a great Father's Day weekend with all my kids in attendance and the RTV got a good workout. On the last ride, my Son in law was putting it away so we could pack up and it wouldn't turn over. When you would turn on the key, I saw an ERR1 and an ERR2 on the information display. Assuming it was a low battery condition, I used my jump pack and she fired right off.

Due to an approaching storm, I decided to just yank out the battery and bring it home to test/charge. The little green eye on the battery is still shining but I am told that only reads one cell's condition.

The battery appears to be fully charged, according to my charger. So I am betting one or more cells are shot. All the connections to the battery were right and tight.

It is the original battery and is seven years old this month. While I got freakishly long service out of the tractor battery (14 years,) I wondered what my fellow owners got out of their RTV batteries so far?

I will get it tested this week and advise. It the battery tests good, I will test the alternator and for any other possible connection problems. I bet my Wife lunch that it is the battery.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
7 years is about right IMHO. I've gotten 10 years on a few batteries but that's on lightly used equipment and there's normally a battery tender on it all the time it's not in use.

ItBmine

Well, my RTV is just going on 2 years so it's still good, but the battery in my 2013 B2620 went like that 2 years ago. The green eye was still shining but it would barely turn the tractor over.
I put it on my big charger and ran a restore/desulfate cycle but it was still weak, so I replaced before it failed on me.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
My 2014 RTV-X900 still has it’s original Kubtota battery and it does just fine. We drive the RTV about two or three times a week.

Reactions: Doc

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Holy crap, those are some seriously awesome batteries! My BX is a 2017, and yeah the battery is still great, but I thought perhaps, I may need to swap it out this winter. After reading this, I'm even more confident about that battery now!! Bx is used weekly in the summer and at least twice a month the rest of the year. RTV is only a 2020 so that battery will be good for quite sometime. RTV is parked inside unheated garage and I try to run it a couple times a month. FWIW

Reactions: Doc