How to edit a an Old Post

Westfield

After I close one of my posts I can not figure out how to get back in that post to edit something
Sorry for starting such a stupid topic but I need to figure this out. I changed something a while ago but I just forgot how to do it. Most be old age. In the future is there a different way of getting a question like this answered such as going to a specific site manager for the question.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm pretty sure Doc (Forum Admin) has it set where you can edit your post for 1 hour after posting.
After that, it's best to make another post in the thread (preferably quoting the post where you're making a correction) with the correction text.
If a moderator makes the change for you, it won't show up as being a new post so anyone that has already read the post/thread will not be aware of the change you made.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bczoom is exactly right. This is the same it was on our old VB software. Everyone has one hour of edit time after making a post.

Lets say you put in your email or phone number in a post and want that removed after it has served it's purpose. All you have to do is click the 'report' word at bottom left of all posts. Then type in why you are reporting the post (request whatever you want changed) This will notify mods of the change to that particular post that you are requesting.

Like BCzoom said, most will never notice the reported post change since this will not come up as a new post. Members will not see it unless they go looking, so it is best to quote your own post and add info or make general corrections in a new post

Westfield

Bczoom is exactly right. This is the same it was on our old VB software. Everyone has one hour of edit time after making a post.

Lets say you put in your email or phone number in a post and want that removed after it has served it's purpose. All you have to do is click the 'report' word at bottom left of all posts. Then type in why you are reporting the post (request whatever you want changed) This will notify mods of the change to that particular post that you are requesting.

Like BCzoom said, most will never notice the reported post change since this will not come up as a new post. Members will not see it unless they go looking, so it is best to quote your own post and add info or make general corrections in a new post
Thanks for the replies I think I got it now!

Reactions: Doc