JD 8000 loader on JD 7130?

RancherGuy

Is there someone who can give me some advice on tractor and loader pair-up?

I am looking to buy a JD 7130 MFWD (advice?). I have found a used but very nice top-of-the-line loader from a JD 8000 series.

If I put the 8000 loader on the 7000, will I have size problems? Mount problems? Stress or breakage problems?

Although I would not make a practice of it, I think the loader is capable of lifting almost 6,000 pounds.

Thanks for any advice!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Rancher Guy! Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I'm glad you found us.
I love the JD 7130 MFWD, what a tractor. :thumb: A real man's tractor. :D
I would think you could put the 8000 series loader on as long as the hydro pump on the 7130 were big enough. This is a guess. If it were me I'd also call a couple of Deere dealers out of your area (so they have nothing to gain from their answer to you) and get their opinion. If the pump is undersized the loader might operate slower than optimal, but it still should operate.
Good luck with it, and your new tractor. Please post pics of your set up if you decide to get it. :thumb: :D

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
I took a look at my literature for the 7030 and 8030 series. For the 6030 and 7030, JD has the 573, 673, 740, and 741 loaders, and for the 8030, the 843 loader which has more grunt, so could well overload the 7130. You didn't say what model JD loader you are looking at, but if it is an 800 series model, I would pass - it would probably be difficult to fabricate loader mounts to fit your tractor.

Good luck in your search, and have fun looking.

Fred

RancherGuy

Grunt and Pumps

Guys thanks for the feedback.

The loader I am looking at is a Quicke Q990. Came off an 8300, so yes it has more grunt. Then I started comparing response times and see that raising the bucket will run at 2/3rds the speed of a loader targeting the 7130. I hadn't thought there would be that much difference, but there is. Plus it is 600 pounds heavier, in a place that I really don't need it.

I just have a hard time shelling out 10k for a new SL loader. I looked at JD and used don't come down much in price, which is probably why dealers take them off used tractors they sell. Maybe I need to go back to another 13 years with a NSL ...

If someone knows a good place and good price for a 741 SL, I'm all ears!

DOGGER12

Is there someone who can give me some advice on tractor and loader pair-up?

I am looking to buy a JD 7130 MFWD (advice?). I have found a used but very nice top-of-the-line loader from a JD 8000 series.

If I put the 8000 loader on the 7000, will I have size problems? Mount problems? Stress or breakage problems?

Although I would not make a practice of it, I think the loader is capable of lifting almost 6,000 pounds.

Thanks for any advice!

Way to big of a loader for your 7130; also is your 7130 a standard tractor or a premium 7130; premium 7130 has a bigger hyd pump

DOGGER12

way to big of a loader for your 7130, need a 673,740,741 something along those models. also is your 7130 a standard or premium 7130 ;bigger hyd pump in the premium, if it is a standard you have a 18gal pump and if you put on a 741 loader it will run slow, put on a 673