Kubota Insurance Rocks!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is your RTV currently financed?

I pay about $75 per year through Progressive. That's with 250/500K liability and $250 deductible on collision and comp.

JEC

Nope, bought it outright. Called and gave her a value and a value on the trailer. She gave me a quote, and I told her, used, 2004 model, and I'm probably fourth or fifth owner. Still got the insurance and am extremely happy!

ovrszd

Is your RTV currently financed?

I pay about $75 per year through Progressive. That's with 250/500K liability and $250 deductible on collision and comp.

I'm pretty sure that's close for me as well thru Inland Marine.

The quote that I just received from KTAC for a new 2016 Kubota RTV X1100c was $363/yr. This vehicle includes a turbocharger, and vehicle price is about $23,000. This is described as "full coverage," but does NOT include liability. This seems out of line with the costs mentioned earlier in this thread. I am trying to get a quote from State Farm, my insurance carrier for other policies that I have, but they don't seem to know what to do with my request. Maybe I will try some of the other companies mentioned in this thread.

Lee

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Although we do not own it yet, our insurance carrier said they would do full coverage with 100/300 for $82 per year. Our guy had to research how to cover it as well. They treat a Kubota like a chainsaw or wagon. Its just a farm implement. In contrast, the Honda Pioneer we considered would cost over $500 a year and would have to get annual state registrations. I will give Kubota a shot once we get our unit. Hope this helps.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Like BC, I have progressive. And I had a claim last summer.
While backing out of the garage my son in law had parked the ATV at a spot in the yard I normally drove over but no prob ...plenty of room to get by. I just had to back up a little further. And I suppose I should mention I had boxes and trash cans in the back doing my weekly trash run to the end of the driveway. Crunch ....daughter had pulled her car up closer than I expected and I did not see it. the bed of my RTV went over top of the fender and hood of the honda. Put a big old gouge in the fender and hood. I felt sick about it.

I was thinking my homeowners would have to be called in for this but daughter happens to work for an insurance agency, and she fixed me up with the policy for the RTV. Annual cost of the policy is around $80 a year. So daughter remembers setting me up with that insurance and checks on it Monday at work. No problem. They said to get an estimate and they'd go from there. I was guessing $500 to $700. Obviously I'm not into body work. The estimate was $2100. Insurance paid every penny. No question no premium increase. Makes me a very happy customer.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Homeowners will cover an RTV, but you must remember that your homeowners policy likely has a 3% deductible...so in case of theft... and if your home is worth $200K then the first $6K is on you.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Homeowners will cover an RTV, but you must remember that your homeowners policy likely has a 3% deductible...so in case of theft... and if your home is worth $200K then the first $6K is on you.

That must depend on the policy. We carry a replacement value rider and there was no deductible when our place was broken into a few years back.

The insurance company replaced everything and was easy to deal with. They even paid for an upgraded safe as the small one I had worthless.

Bob

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Agreed, each company can write the policy differently. My Scag ZTR mower caught on fire in 2017. Thankfully we have replacement cost written into our homeowners policy with Cincinnati Insurance. Replacement mower was $2500 more than when I bought mine 12 years earlier but still they paid for all but the $500 deductible on the replacement of my ZTR mower. Very impressed and happy for replacement cost.