Kubota RTV 900 blowing hydro filter

cchaffee

I bought this used. repaired bearings and replaced the hydro pump brasses.
it will blow the hydro pressure side filter, if it doesn't blow you can see it pulsing.
removed the servo pilot valve and cleaned
removed the pressure relief and polished

still struggling, any ideas?

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry, but just a bit slow on understanding what the problem is???????............blow the hydro pressure side means what???.......or is that what is wrong????

Surely NOT to be rude; but some help with helping me understand would be appreciated.......God bless.....Dennis

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Do you have the right micron filter for it? A real fine filter could build pressure. Might also have a blockage in the relief circuit.

cchaffee

Dennis
Sorry, I was 3 weeks stressed when I wrote the post. It was blowing the pressure side filter from the charge pump (as apposed to the suction side filter). I had read the manual from end to end and had the Hydro apart numerous times.
So, I bought it used and some of the hydro parts were in a bag, literally.
in the bag were the remnants of the swashplate bearings, pieces out of the tail cover section (springs and piston assembly), and the Poppet pressure relief valve and spring (for the charge pump circuit). See pics

I replaced all the bearings and brass plates in the hydro everything looked good. But the filter kept blowing. Now, yesterday we thought back to when I bought it. They guy was trying to run it (with the bagged parts missing) and the filter was blowing. My neighbor and I spent all morning Sunday going thru the circuits and we came up with the passage from the charge pump thru the filter and to the pressure relief poppet must be blocked. We went to pull the allen screw access to the ports and someone had stripped it out.

So we decided to pull the hydro apart to look from the inside. When we pulled off the main hydro plate and started checking the passages my neighbor found what looked like a dowel in the passage from the filter to the pressure relief valve. As soon as he pulled it out I recognized it as the stop pin in assembly 150 right under the piston (see piston assm).

Whoever puled this apart and bagged the parts, had stuck this in the oil passage "cuz it fit" I guess.

Short story. after three weeks and a total investment of $2200 I have a totally rebuilt RTV 900 (hydro, front end bearings, boots, pumpkin). I am a bike and quad mechanic with 2 lifts in my garage, neither will lift the "tank". But a Kubota side by side was my dream, and Christmas this year was yesterday!

Dennis and Muleman, thank you so much for your replies.

cchaffee

Sorry, my pics weren't uploaded on next post.....

Attachments

• Piston assm.jpg
    Piston assm.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Swash bearng.jpg
    Swash bearng.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Pressure relief.jpg
    Pressure relief.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 95

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
So PROUD for you BUD.............So glad it worked out, not for me, so very easily for you. Glad God gave you the knowledge, experience,patience, and sense to figure out what the deal was and then you are rewarded with that great machine..................Anyway IT runs like it is supposed to or even better probably.............God bless.......Dennis

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats!!!! And Merry Christmas. Great job figuring it out. It will reward you for long while now. These are awesome machines. :thumb:

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Merry Christmas to you. I have been lucky and only had to replace a fan belt on mine in 8 years. I don't use it as much as I did when I first bought it but it has handled anything I could load on it or hook to it. Have only been stuck twice and that was from high centering on skidder ruts while hauling wood. You will find it is a tough machine.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Will have to do some looking. Don't know if I have it on this new computer or not. If not I need to get my backup drive from down in the basement.