LED Headlight Bulbs RTV X1100C

frodoz737

New to this forum so a big hi out there to everyone.

This week I purchased a slightly used (565 hrs, 2,500 miles) 2018 RTV X1100C to replace my old worn out Carryall 295 (7,000 hrs) at work. All fluids/filters/belt replaced, any and all lubes done and a thorough check out confirms that machine is 100% and ready for work. It came extra with front CV guards, rear view and side mirrors, POS radio and cargo bed was sprayed. Kubota branded signal/hazard light kit, rear CV guards, rear window screen, sun visors, back up alarm and cargo bed pad are being added by the servicing dealer. Additionally, 4 each pod style non-factory work lights are being added by same to the top...2 ft and 2 rr.

Question I have please is what are the "best" LED replacement bulbs (part number) for the factory 894 headlight elements...long term and without issues.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Hunter11

I use the LED bulbs below in my X1140. If I remember correctly mine has the 894 bulbs and these fit. They are a HUGE improvement over the stock halogen bulbs. I have a 42" curved LED light bar mounted to the roof and rarely use it with these bulbs in the headlights. I mainly use the light bar for pig hunting at night. I ordered mine on Amazon for about $30.

https://www.beamtechs.com/products/...mens-extremely-brigh-csp-chips-conversion-kit

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Frodoz and welcome to net tractor talk.
Sounds like you found a nice used RTV. And you are fixing it up with all the goodies. :tiphat:
I bought a 2015 x1100c last Dec and I'm loving it. I will upgrade my lights to the LED's mentioned above after the holidays. I don't drive that much at night but nice to have bright lights when needed.

Your RTV will replace one 'at work', do you mind sharing what type of work you do with these machines? Always interesting seeing what folks do with their RTV's.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I find going to my orders in amazon and searching for bulb or part of the name and then it will take you right to what you ordered. I've used that feature a lot.

frodoz737

Thank you everyone for the feedback
Hi Frodoz and welcome to net tractor talk.
Sounds like you found a nice used RTV. And you are fixing it up with all the goodies. :tiphat:
I bought a 2015 x1100c last Dec and I'm loving it. I will upgrade my lights to the LED's mentioned above after the holidays. I don't drive that much at night but nice to have bright lights when needed.

Your RTV will replace one 'at work', do you mind sharing what type of work you do with these machines? Always interesting seeing what folks do with their RTV's.

Hey Doc.

I'm an Airline Mechanic working nights at the terminal. We are the folks that fix and maintain terminating aircraft and have them ready by morning. The vehicle is basically a tool box on wheels that tows. Should be picking her up Thursday and might upgrade the sound system for some attitude as well.

Follow-up question if I may. Are Back-up lights part of the Turn signal/Hazard Light kit?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you everyone for the feedback

Hey Doc.

I'm an Airline Mechanic working nights at the terminal. We are the folks that fix and maintain terminating aircraft and have them ready by morning. The vehicle is basically a tool box on wheels that tows. Should be picking her up Thursday and might upgrade the sound system for some attitude as well.

Follow-up question if I may. Are Back-up lights part of the Turn signal/Hazard Light kit?
Ahh very interesting work. :tiphat: :clap: I think the RTV will do great in the roving toolbox roll.

No, back up lights are not part of the turn signal hazard light kit.
Best to add lights to rear of cab and power them with the aux switch.

frodoz737

Thanks...last question this tread. Is there a write up anywhere about adding an additional 12VDC battery "specifically" to a Kubota RTV-1100 or RTV-X1100C?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't recall any threads on adding a 2nd battery. Please correct me guys if you know of one. I searched and with battery being mentioned in so many places it is impossible to find unless we know the username who posted it or more info.

I also have a Honda Pioneer 1000. Many owners add a 2nd battery to them to run the high power lights they put on top of the cab and the winch and maybe a high power stereo etc etc.

Those that did rated this kit high for getting the job done. It would work for the RTV also. https://www.sidebysidestuff.com/true-am-dual-battery-connection-and-monitor-kit.html

Edit to add: The Pioneer battery is about half the size of the RTV battery. More like a motorcycle battery. We have folks running snow blowers, snow plows, winches and more and I've never seen them mention battery issues. Since the RTV has a bigger battery to start you might be able to get by with just one battery.

frodoz737

I know one battery is more than sufficient to this point, but if I upgrade my sound system it WILL be used on occasion while the vehicle is powered off. Gotta have that attitude when trying to make gate some mornings. :thumb:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
would you please share a pic of your CV guards? instead of adding an extra battery could you just replace the stock battery with an agm with more watt hours?

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I bought my RTV in a “lightly used” condition from an owner who bought it new, fixed it up for his purposes…and found out he had a medical condition that will not allow him to use/enjoy it. He had installed a 2nd battery to serve the winch he’d also had installed.
In two years I’ve never used the winch…and the battery system seemed to be getting weak…I figured the batteries were time for replacement.
But…. when I dug into it…the OEM Kubota battery tested Great…the 2nd battery was some other brand and tested poor… So I removed the aftermarket battery and the isolator/charging system he’d installed and moved the OEM Kubota battery back like the factory had it as a primary battery. (The previous owner had the aftermarket battery as primary starting….and the OEM Kubota battery as a dedicated winch battery. I put everything back as Kubota had designed it and tossed all that aftermarket stuff.)
NO MORE PROBLEMS. This 2014 RTV runs great and the OEM battery does just fine. If I ever need to run the winch I plan to just keep the engine idling so it won’t place me in a condition where I’d be stranded. YMMV.

Sooo….. I’d think any marine or other battery charging/isolator systems would work for you…. but I‘d give it a lot of thought before I deliberately complicated my life with such a system.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Kubota batteries, especially the ones on their new tractors and RTV's are fantastic. I got 12 years out of my 06 RTV battery and 13 out of my 2002 Kubota tractor. I would advise giving the kubota battery a chance rather than replacing it right off.

The boat I bought last year has a kick ass stereo system. two 10" woofers and two amps. It pulls the juice from the batteries. We'll tied up with other boats and I'd be afraid of draining the batteries so I'd play it less than an hour. Never had issues but worried about it enough that I tried a wifi speaker at the suggestion of my son in law. Worked great. When engine is not running I Bluetooth to the wifi speaker and it provides great music loud enough for 3 or 4 boats to enjoy. Plus, in your line of work FroDoz you could take the speaker out of the RTV close to where you are working to hear it. Might be a possible solution and for sure cheaper than a 2nd battery setup.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Docs’ comment prompts me to write: I also have a boat ….and I have dual batteries on that boat… with an ordinary Marine Rotating-Switch to enable switching back-and-forth between them. I made that installation because there’s no realistic hope of any assistance where I boat if my battery dies. I travel outbound on one battery…. spend time on anchor/at-destination on the second battery…and use it to start-up and for the return voyage. That way…each trip…each battery gets a workout and a re-charge…and I have assurance of a starting battery for the return.
That may be a solution for an RTV as well…simple and inexpensive.

frodoz737

Adding an additional battery is work, but doable. The reason I am still entertaining this is because I have a custom sound system from a previous car that just kicks butt running 2 sets of 3 ways, 2 coax, a 500W sub, Kenwood DD and JL Audio 900W digital amp I would love to install. Yes this is overkill, but the system is all just sitting in boxes doing nothing right now. :tiphat:

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Adding an additional battery is work, but doable. The reason I am still entertaining this is because I have a custom sound system from a previous car that just kicks butt running 2 sets of 3 ways, 2 coax, a 500W sub, Kenwood DD and JL Audio 900W digital amp I would love to install. Yes this is overkill, but the system is all just sitting in boxes doing nothing right now. :tiphat:
I hope you’re not the guy who destroys the peace-and-quiet of the natural areas we visit when we want to get-away from all the noise, traffic, and teenagers.

(My wife and I had motorboated many miles to a secluded/isolated cove on the lake to enjoy a quiet evening bobbing-around, swimming, cooking, wine-tasting..etc… When around the bend comes a power-boat on-plane at high-speed with a rowdy, shouting/drinking-crowd and huge overhead loud-speakers blasting-out “RED-NECK YACHT-CLUB..!!!)

It was all I could do to stop myself from pulling out the Class-3 and laying a warning-line-of-fire in the water across their bow…. :14_6_12: