Lurkers come out of the Woodwork..............

<P style="__styleDocument: [object]; styleDocument: [object]"><FONT style="__styleDocument: [object]; styleDocument: [object]" color=#000000>Ok you did it again bczoom, another Lurker from Pennsylvania comes out of the woodwork. I stayed in the background as long as I could, and now I want to join your great group. Finding this site is like finding long lost friends and I don't even know anyone personally. This is for Two Guns, I call my Kubota the Orange Orangatang, because it is strong as an Orangatang. I hope I don't leave anyone out but I would like to thank everyone for excellent reading this past month. Thanks to Nick-america, Rapracing, Ez chair, Bczoom, Two Guns, Mr. Bass, ddttweeks, Messick Farm Eq, Jdh1, Kubota Tech, Pivatic1, and D&D farm. I hope I didn't miss anyone. Two days ago I was in the help section punching buttons and trying everything to see how it worked and I came to this thing with stars and lit them up and the next thing I knew Two Guns got 5 stars for his post. He does deserve 5 stars for all the help he gives people but it was a mistake on my part but I am still learning. Does anyone really believe that the light on Bczoom is a GO-Light. It looks like a landing light from a DC-10 that he found from the Greater Pittsburg Airport. LOL....I hope no one takes offense I like to joke around. Tomorrow I will start and ask questions...........</FONT></P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Rusty Anvil,</P>

Welcome and happy you joined in >>>> </P>

Thanks for the kind words, and my hat goes off to all the excellent folks here who has contributed to all the helpful post that has walkedall of usthew the mysteries oflife..... </P>

I feel in my heart, that we all here, are one big family, and happy you joined in, for these people are the friendliest folks on planet earth ~~~</P>

Come on and joke on in ~~~~ everybody has a sense of humur here. And you don't have to wait till tomorrow, ask questions anytime you feel. Most of us stay up all night anyway, trying to figure out what next to install on our RTV's..... HAVE ANY IDEAS, WE ARE ALL LISTENING !!!!</P>

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]</P>
<DIV><FONT face=JohnHancock size=5><FONT color=#ff0000> Jamie ~~~~ Two Guns</FONT> </FONT></DIV>

</P>
<DIV><FONT face=JohnHancock size=5><FONT color=#ff0000></FONT></FONT></DIV>

</P>

ez chair

Welcome Rusty, This is the best RTV site on the web. It's the people willing to share there experiances that make it great. The kidding around is fun too. Looking forward to your posts.

rapracing

[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]
<P style="styleDocument: [object]"><FONT style="styleDocument: [object]" color=#000000>Ok you did it again bczoom, another Lurker from Pennsylvania comes out of the woodwork. I stayed in the background as long as I could, and now I want to join your great group. Finding this site is like finding long lost friends and I don't even know anyone personally. This is for Two Guns, I call my Kubota the Orange Orangatang, because it is strong as an Orangatang. I hope I don't leave anyone out but I would like to thank everyone for excellent reading this past month. Thanks to Nick-america, Rapracing, Ez chair, Bczoom, Two Guns, Mr. Bass, ddttweeks, Messick Farm Eq, Jdh1, Kubota Tech, Pivatic1, and D&D farm. I hope I didn't miss anyone. Two days ago I was in the help section punching buttons and trying everything to see how it worked and I came to this thing with stars and lit them up and the next thing I knew Two Guns got 5 stars for his post. He does deserve 5 stars for all the help he gives people but it was a mistake on my part but I am still learning. Does anyone really believe that the light on Bczoom is a GO-Light. It looks like a landing light from a DC-10 that he found from the Greater Pittsburg Airport. LOL....I hope no one takes offense I like to joke around. Tomorrow I will start and ask questions...........</FONT></P>

[/quote]</P>

<FONT face=Verdana size=4>welcome Rusty Anvil.....where are you located. I notice the little note about "the highest point on 80....". I am just a few miles from there about 4 miles off exit 120</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Verdana size=4></FONT></P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!!!!

If there's any part of the forum software you need help with, just give a holler. The big one is how to attach pics to your post. There's a sticky thread at the top of the forum with directions.

Brian

PS. That DC-10 didn't need that light anymore as it was headed for mothball... :)

Rapracing, if you follow state route 153 south until it ends and merges with 453 and 253 you will be close to where I live.........

Good Evening everyone.......I will try and give you a quick rundown on my Kubota 1100......I ordered the front lights and the back lights and the hazzard kit with turn signal and the bed liner...........The liner is the only thing that the dealer had in stock........Everything else is on back order........Now I need all of your help..........I want to get strobe lights and go light........Bczoom, where did you purchase your Go light????? I also need a winch.......Any recommendations.........I also need a set of ITP 589's or Mud light XLR radial in 27 inch.........I would also like to have a set of wheels like the SG 5 Star......Ddttweeks where did you buy your set???????? Any recommendations and help will be greatly appreciated.........</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Also has anyone looked under the headliner on the 1100 to see what is there or how to take it off..........I really hate to drill holes in the top but I can't have 3cigarette lighter cords running of the roof in through the doors. I guess what I am trying to say is at this point in time from reading all the threads I am CONFUSED as what to buy.......I guess I just have to take someones advice and jump in with both feet and hope for the best...........That kubota Orangatang is the sweetest toy I own and I own quite a few toys...............Thanks for all the help..........Hey two guns I also need a digital camera so I can take pictures for you..............</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil,,,,</P>

Rapracing are you north or south of 80 and is that the woodland exit???????? I live close to Houtzdale so no one knows where Houtzdale is but everyone has heard of Interstate 80 and the highest point east of the Mississippi............

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Happy to hear from you this evening ~~</P>

Ok, have ya'll installed the Kubota bedliner yet, if not, DONT TIGHTEN THESCREWS TO TIGHT, it states that in the instructions.... they have good reason !!!!</P>

Strobe Lights ~~ http://www.galls.com/ & http://www.code3pse.com/( They have so many to choose from ) ~ Maybe ebay, what size do you want, best to get bczoom to help you on this , he owns a pair of strobe lights </P>

Go Light ~ http://www.code3pse.com/( they have the wireless remote AND the manual cab remote ) ~maybee-bay, but be sure to get the Stryker Model !!! But code 3 is the only company that carries the wireless and the manual together, they make the inside controller for these units !!!</P>

Winches, Tires & Rims ~~ http://www.allterrainonline.com/ 1-877-896-7565 ( best prices, many to choose from ) The only place to get these. Winches are shipped free !!!!</P>

Seat Covers ~~~ http://greenemountain.net/-strse-Kubota-RTV-Gear/Categories.bok 1-800-554-2628 ~~~~ you'll love 'em !!!</P>

Digital Camera ~~~ B&H ~~~ http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ 1-800-947-6628</P>

Stick Stoppers ~~<FONT color=#ff0000> <FONT size=4>Private Message me</FONT></FONT> ~~ have a super source & they ARE heavy duty at a descent price !!!</P>

Two Guns,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">The dealer installed the bed liner..............What is the reason not to tighten the screws tooooooooo tight???????</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil,,,,</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Seen a buddy of mine, who installed his his self, he kinda overdone it on several screws, and somehow he got some corn seeds under his bedliner, probobly come in thew the back, lower part of bed by the gate, he swears some of his very young kids cramed them in there. Anyway, went to take it off, so he could wash it out , and backing out some of the screws were a bitch, for the screws have a gap between the heads and the end of theads. That is to give the liner some " FLEX " while it is installed .... So learning from seeing what happend. When our bedliner came in, and the dealer installed it, I read the instructions on the liner that was included in the box, and it stated in large letters.</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000><FONT size=4>DONT OVER TIGHEN THE SCREWS !!!!</FONT></FONT></P>

ez chair

The screws are junk. good for in showroom only. Even if you don't overtighten they will loosen very quickly with use if you use the dump feature. replaced mine with stainless allen round head bolts.Used lock nuts so I could leave them a hair loose for plastic heat movement.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
eZCHAIR,</P>

Now that's a great idea, that might be something for me to look into. For I didn't like the screws to start with !!!</P>

Thanks,</P>

Jamie </P>

rapracing

[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]Rapracing are you north or south of 80 and is that the woodland exit???????? I live close to Houtzdale so no one knows where Houtzdale is but everyone has heard of Interstate 80 and the highest point east of the Mississippi............[/quote]</P>

Woodland is actually #123 and Clearfield #120. I am 4 miles N of 80 or Rt 879. very near Shawville. I am only 6 miles from the Woodland exit, kinda between the two</P>

I know where Houtzdale is, I just worked in Ginter a suburb yesterday [:O]</P>

ddttweeks

Rusty Anvil the super grip 5 star wheels and itp mudlite xtr radials were bought on line at All Terrain Online . Com. I had the head liner completely out of my 1100. It probably took about half an hour to get it out. If you take the steel plates off the roof (3front 3rear) it gives you access to the wires for the work lights. Outside two in the front and left in the rear. I extened the rear wire to the center so the work light would be centered. You could bring a wire for your go light out of the rubbers under the plates. They had a slit cut in them for that reason. Telephone # for all terrain is 903-896-7565.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Rusty Anvil and welcome!!!I bought my XTR mudlites off of ebay 9-12/27 front and 11-12/27 rear. My set was $400 delivered. I have a lot of hrs on mine and they still look great. ride great too.Have fun researching the tires before you buy. Also check out led lights for the dash. they come in green and are easy on the eyes.For the time being I am using the orion clip on to shine down while writing notes,cow numbers etc.I snapped it on a bungee strap I ran across the top edge of the mesh screen... I forgot you got the fancy 1100. But I will leave this info for others who might be interested.Have fun!!Bordercollie[&]

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Rusty,

I purchased my strobe lights at a local truck supply store. As 2-guns noted, galls or similar will have them as well. There's some on e-bay right now. <span class="ebay">Item number: 160202257490</span>. The model I have is what's listed in this auction (6410A-MG). Note: the one in the e-bay shows the coiled cord but as noted, it's not a coiled cord but straight. They do have a magnetic base as well as holes available for a more permanent mount.

On the GoLight, I actually bought it through e-bay from StLouisSafetyProducts which I believe is the e-bay ID of Code3PSE that 2-guns mentioned.

I don't have a 1100 so I can't help much with the roof. I can say that the GoLight will require somewhere around a 1/2" hole to feed the wires through the roof. Some caulk may be required. Another thing about the Golight is that there's probably 15' of cord between the light and the control panel. 2-guns or ajdillon - What did you do with your spare wires. I have a roof on top of the ROPS and a home-made ceiling panel under the ROPS giving me a 2" gap between them. I coiled up the spare and slid it in there.

Again, I don't have a 1100 but here's something I'd consider. I don't know where you plan to put the 12v plugs (and switch?) for the strobe lights or the control panel for the GoLight. Is running all the wires down the back (outside) of the cab in conduit, down towards the battery (where you add a hot wire from the battery), and continue all this wiring under the RTV again, consider conduit to under the front hood. From there, you could put the 12v plugs under the hood where they stay protected then use switches on the dash for controlling the power to the 12v plugs.

For the winch, there's several other active threads on winch selection and options (e.g. wireless remote, Amsteel rope...) based on your needs. Take a look through the subject index or do a search.

For a digital camera, there's lots out there. Here's what I know about. All are small "pocket" type digital cameras and don't have the capabilities of a SLR type but don't cost $1500 either...
I picked up a couple Samsung S630 so my kids had something to take pics with in Hawaii. If my 6-year-old boy can't hurt it, it's got to be decent. I think these were under $100. I use a Casio Exilim which is a smaller, pocket camera. It has 10 mega-pixel so it's got decent pictures. A cradle is supplied for easy charging and download of pics to the PC. The only kind I wouldn't recommend is the Canon Powershot. Although it's a decent camera, they've been notorious for having the LCD screen break.

Two Guns,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Thanks for all of the URL's........I was up till 3 oclock in the morning looking at all the goodies...........Didn't realize what time it was...........Slep in this morning..........That is what retired people can do...........</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil.......</P>