Mahindra Roxor

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i drove a land rover series IIA for probably 30 years almost every day. 88 inch wheelbase. i carried baby claves feed fence u name it it went and did. very little repair because there just wasn't anything extra to break. i think the Roxor is really neet but i would just get a cheap Jeep and be done with it. i probably would look for an older CJ or the newer one real cheap.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
OK I did it............... Got a new 2018 blue Roxor classic II for just over 15 including state tax and fees. otherwise it would have been in the 13,9 area. .. Its very quiet and purdy in blue. . Still cleaning and fixing on the bota. Have a fellow interested. but can't let it go yet. I'll stay around and worry ya'll.. Thank you each for the "stay around" comments. bordercollie aka judy

Attachments

• KIMG0300.jpg
    KIMG0300.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 127

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
oh that is just purdy nice. what kind of accessories can you get? hard top? doors? heater? keep us posted Please . what kinda mileage it gonna get??? excited for you!!!!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Judy that is awesome. Very nice looking. More pics please of inside and all around. I would love to see a pic of it beside your RTV to get an idea of size perspective. Your pic makes it look regular Jeep size but I have a feeling that is not the case.

I'd be happy to start another forum category for Mahindra Roxors.

628pm

Site Supporter
Nice vehicle, I never thought I would have anything other than a Kubota RTV, but after driving the 835M Gator, I'm glad I switched. For what I use it for it will be great.

Good luck with the new "jeep", like they said keep us uptodate on your new vehicle.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Congrats Judy that is awesome. ... Your pic makes it look regular Jeep size but I have a feeling that is not the case.

I'd be happy to start another forum category for Mahindra Roxors.
I think it is a 50's Jeep with 60+ years of improvements.

Doc, I don't know if there is an interest out there but I would love to see a Roxor forum added on here!

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
OK I did it............... Got a new 2018 blue Roxor classic II
Judy I would love to see lots of photos of your new Roxor in use!

I don't have a practical application for one. This orchard is too small to need more than the two tractors I already have. But I sure would like to have one of those.

Congratulations on your new Roxor!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks everyone !! It will take a lot of getting used to. I'm glad the Roxor I got has a step included because it is a bit further off the ground . On the RTV , I could drive with my leg hanging out and be ready to jump in front of a calf with the rtv slowly coming to a stop etc... but not with the manual transmission.
I'll be adding a few things like locking front hubs , a top and windshield but that will be a while. Also will keep these BFG KO2's for summer and dry use and get some mud slinger for the mud.
As was stated in Aurthuritis's link- many parts are available at the auto parts store and that my friends, is a big plus for me.

I remember many many years ago in Feb of 2005 I was looking for help with my new 2005 rtv and I ran across Compact Tractor Review . I didn't have a computer of my own back then but I asked for help with use of a family members huge antique one. This fellow going by the name of BCZoom sent me instructions on how to install my speedometer. That was my first encounter here. This forum changed names but Doc , Zoom and all members (not to forget our dearly departed Muleman) have been really nice and treated me like family - I'll never forget that so I'll be around as long as ya'll have me.
I post some pictures as soon as possible under this same thread so as not to tread over the rtv's still important function in many of our lives. I use the new forum whenever that happens but till then .. look at this particular thread for 'em.
Starting to spray pastures tomorrow if not too windy !
Thank ya'll, collie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I've had to park it for a few days because I'm spraying pastures with the little Kioti. Just got in tonight at 8p. I took it out the other day though and after putting a tarp in the back , chopped thistle heads and threw them in. It was easy to unload, just pulled out the tarp and those sticker heads came right out. I have a hoe with a fork on the back side so just hook and toss the thistles.. no bending over . :)
Then , before I get it muddy and cow poopyfied ;( I sprayed the underside and up in the fenders with plenty of Fluid Film.
I forgot to get insurance on it till I called at the last minute Friday, so won't be getting it out on the short piece of pavement between pastures till I have it documented. I only have liability on the RTV but this is a whole new ballgame. So had to get the big stuff .
When I opened the hood I saw many parts labeled Bosch like the alternator, starter and another gizmo or 2 as well.And there's room to put your hands in there. Haha
I want to make a piece of screening the right size to keep grass seed out of the radiator also. I'll just fit it in front of it and behind the grill because there is yes,just so much room .
Dixie is beside herself .. She'll look at the bota and then the Roxor and then me and waits for me to point at the one to "load up" on.
I'm also wanting to put a covering in the bottom of the roxor's cargo area so my smaller tool boxes can be taken out as needed but not slide around ( will make partitions maybe). I have the big steel one I made in 2001 still bolted down in the bota. ( I first made it for the Mule) I like it because I can stand on it to trim limbs etc.. I may have to keep it in the roxor for a while but it is about 12 "w 43"L and then 12" or so tall.. so with the fenders is a long reach to retrieve stuff in the bottom.If you're short anyway.haha. I also carry 2 large Fat Max boxes. I know I'll keep them and with the room in the Roxor lockers under the seats ,I shouldn't need the homemade one ...
Also need to decide about a roof. I could about make one I guess but being a mediocre welder .. The plastic oem is too thin and the limbs would beat them up The nice metal ones are too pricey for me. Decisions decisions..
Ok so I took some pictures and I'll try to post them tomorrow. collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
collie
i don't know if the Roxor has a box frame or not but make sure to treat the inside of the frame with fluidfilm if it does. might be a good time to try the new fluidfilm wool product.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Agreed, I'm spraying it anywhere I can put it . I still have a lot of regular fluid film to use up- (maybe 3 gallons) so am going thick with it. I'll be trying the woolfilm asap. :)
I can't find the exact thistle we have the most of, but they have a large hollow main stem as the grow and are painful anywhere they are touched . think porcupine .. I think they are more like the Wavyleaf Thistle and not as "attractive" as the musk thistle.
Going to put my Beef tag on the Rox today- a new metal one :) and maybe take the toolbox out of the kubota. it rained so won't be spraying this morning. :) collie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I made a quick post on the new Roxor forum . Thank you Doc for making a place for Roxor owners. :)

Fitch

Reminds me of my first Jeep, a CJ5, that sounded like the engine was going to come out through the hood at 45 mph. It had 5:xx something axles and a 3 speed manual in addition to the 4WD and Lo-Range levers. The Speedo was big round thing in the middle of the dash. The heater was unable to keep up with the Michigan winter cold leaking in through the canvas top, but it always got me where I wanted to go.

It had a 4 cylinder F-head "Hurricane" engine in it.

Fitch

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Likely the stock 5.38 axles then. A later option was 4.27 which would have merely sounded very busy, at highway speed.

Mid 70's I had a mid 50's Willys Wagon with the 4.27s and a Studebaker 259 V8. That must have been a very early conversion. (Bell housing on those bolted right up to Jeep T-90 transmission). That's a super short stroke engine and nearly a clone to Chevy's first V8, the 265. The engine shrieked at highway speed but apparently it had survived a decade or more of that abuse. It was clearly old, but still functional. I can still hear the racket. :smile: