Make my tires spin

razerface

My 2012 rtv1100 will not spin the tires when plowing snow, or pulling a heavy load. It has been that way since new. I was pushing heavy snow this morning with a boss 6’6” plow and decided i need to do something to make tranny stop “slipping” so much. I don’t need cutting edge adjustment, just a little better!

Anyone know how?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Search the forum for "injector pump". It should give you the info you're looking for.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i don't think turning up the pressure will make your tires spin under that load. but before you mess with pressures have used the hand throttle to rev the engine all the way up and then use the foot peddle for power ?

razerface

i don't think turning up the pressure will make your tires spin under that load. but before you mess with pressures have used the hand throttle to rev the engine all the way up and then use the foot peddle for power ?
No, i will try that. I am pretty sure it needs adjusting as i have driven other rtv1100 that had more power to the wheels then mine does since new.

There are other times in the woods it needs it too, like pulling logs. I can’t run around with the throttle pegged all the time.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
you need to check the max no load rpm to see if it is running 3600 rpm . it is possible to turn the pressure up on the old 1100 model like yours but be careful or you will crack the case. get some gauges to adjust. search adams repair on this site. he had quite alot of info

Iron mike

not sure in the difference between a 1100 and a X1100 but before you go adjusting pressure have you checked the filters at the HST? are they clogged preventing proper operation of the HST. My x1100 stoped moving and I assumed it was just in a need of an adjustment, turned out it was much worse. It could be the swath plates are worn preventing the unit form getting to the correct pressure.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
My 2016 1100x in high or low will either spin tires or stall the engine.
We have had a excellent snow year this year, roughly 12” over two weeks. With that I have learned that the bota is under powered for heavy snow removal using a plow.

paddlecycler

I have a '16 X1120- I need to diff lock to keep my tires from spinning!

Blackwater Evolution Tires
Boss 6'6'' V
HD Shocks up front
400lbs of Ballast to the rear

The thing is a beast and pushed off our 28'' Blizzard this year after I was out all storm working my other job.

Couldn't be happier with this setup. Would have taken me all day with the NH 1725 FEL and walk behind snow thrower.

Try setting the throttle to half or 3/4 and feather the pedal. I only max it and leave it when i really need it.

Attachments

• 20210203_220854.jpg
    20210203_220854.jpg
    897.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210203_220653.jpg
    20210203_220653.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16