Mining Kubota

ItBmine

RTV's even go under ground. I wanted to show the Kubota manipulator/forklift too, but I can't find the pics I took. It's an R series converted wheel loader.

Attachments

• 20210720_152351 (Large).jpg
    20210720_152351 (Large).jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210720_152408 (Large).jpg
    20210720_152408 (Large).jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 22

Oldpath

Looks like it's on top of ground to me.
(Kubota manipulator/forklift) Oh no I'm gonna have to look that up, maybe I can find your picture......

ItBmine

It was, then it went under. The rest of the crew vehicles are Toyota Landcruiser pickups.

I'll take more pics of the manipulator. But it is this, exactly.

Attachments

• r20s-tire-manipulator-on-sale-in-timmins-canada-2-638.jpg
    r20s-tire-manipulator-on-sale-in-timmins-canada-2-638.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 19

Oldpath

Very few pictures of that Kubota manipulator online and no one on youtube using it and I thought everything was on youtube. But I can picture it be used or even handy for changing big tractor tires out in the wild, even my small loaded rear tires are a handful on a flat garage floor.
So is that your fork manipulator in the picture?

ItBmine

Not "mine" but yes the one at the mine I work for.
It is handy for everything. It gets a LOT of use. I don't know capacity but they move some pretty big parts and buckets with it.

ItBmine

Found the other pic I had from when the mechanic used it when we had to remove a fork from my loader to repair the lock.

It's interesting that all the companies that make custom mining application small units, start with Kubota's and Toyota pickups that aren't available in North America.
And I've heard those Toyota's are not cheap. I heard around the hundred grand mark. They have 128 h.p. diesel's, manual transmissions and use GMC/Chev rims.

Attachments

• 20210608_145536.jpg
    20210608_145536.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210707_162912.jpg
    20210707_162912.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I used to make regular trips to Iron Mountain near slippery rock PA. Miles and miles of roads in an old limestone mine. they store media and documents there. Anything a company wants to keep safe and off site. I saw a couple RTV's up there but they also had a couple of everything else on the market. Huge place. An awesome place to tour.

Oldpath

That Toyota dont look like any Toyota I ever seen, and at a 100k, why is it so freeken high?
I heard anyone who works at a mine with a Cat 330CG can go out next year, or maybe year after that or at least by 2025 and get a Power Stroke F250 fully loaded with $$$ left over for a happy meal

ItBmine

"I heard anyone who works at a mine with a Cat 330CG can go out next year, or maybe year after that or at least by 2025 and get a Power Stroke F250 fully loaded with $$$ left over for a happy meal"

No, just an F150 and some Kubota's. LOL

Already had the F550 Powerlemon, don't need another. LOL

ItBmine

They're all nice but I had Ford bred into me since I was born.
I have switched brands when my local dealers p'd me off but I'm back to Ford's again.

They all break. Pick the one you are comfortable in

Love my new F150 5.0 litre though. It is easier on gas than my VW Tiguan 2.0 turbo with that 10 speed trans. And still has 400 horsepower.
It's funny to think this long box supercab truck would smoke my old Mach 1 Mustang on a drag strip. lol
They've come a long way in performance though I still like old stuff.