More questions

harpoonalt

I know I want the 1120 and had settled on the Western V plow. Dealer says putting a non Kubota plow on the 1120 voids the warranty. I don't believe that's true, but I wanted to ask you guys. Also, does the KTAC insurance cover the Kubota plow if you bought that one? Since the premium is based on the total price I would think so, but I'm not sure.

Cheers!

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I know I want the 1120 and had settled on the Western V plow. Dealer says putting a non Kubota plow on the 1120 voids the warranty. I don't believe that's true, but I wanted to ask you guys. Also, does the KTAC insurance cover the Kubota plow if you bought that one? Since the premium is based on the total price I would think so, but I'm not sure.

Cheers!

That's ridiculous! Ask them if you put a land pride bush hog on a Kubota tractor is the warranty void!?
I would find a different dealer! Sounds like your at another stealership! Red flag for future interactions!

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
That's ridiculous! Ask them if you put a land pride bush hog on a Kubota tractor is the warranty void!?
I would find a different dealer! Sounds like your at another stealership! Red flag for future interactions!

Hard for me to believe that a non-Kubota plow would void the warranty also. Kubota has a customer service phone number on their website that might be worth a call.

I'd also be wary of that dealer.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'd be wary of that dealership also. Hopefully there is another dealer not to far from you that you can check with.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had repair work done my my RTV and picked it up today. While there I asked if someone buys a new RTV and puts a Boss blade on it, or any non Kubota blade would that void any warranty.
The answer was heck no. We sell them and install blades and components other than Kubota all the time. So your dealership might be saying that but it sure is not Kubota policy.

10-e-c-dirt

Cheers!

That almost sounds like a dealer in Va, that I dealt with once!!

harpoonalt

I appreciate all the replies. Moved onto a new dealer. He's more straightforward on his dealings and advice.
He doesn't care if I go aftermarket or Kubota on the plow. For my application he thinks I'm better off with a straight blade for lower cost and less weight upfront. I kind of agree since I did fine with my 500 and the kubota plow.
The Kubota straight commercial blade is more money, but he's offered me a deal where it's not THAT much more. Any advantage to the Kubota blade over aftermarket? I do like the orange color!

Cheers!

I have a Curtis on my 1120 and plow a 1/2 mile gravel drive on a mountain. No problem with pushing snow in northern PA. Good luck with what ever you choose.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I have a Curtis on my 1120 and plow a 1/2 mile gravel drive on a mountain. No problem with pushing snow in northern PA. Good luck with what ever you choose.

My Curtis blade says Kubota on it so IIRC, they were a supplier to Kubota.

The blade has survived pretty serious use in snow and gravel for several years and it should be good to go for you also.

One caveat, The OEM skids 1/2" diameter and I bent two of them the first year. I bought a couple 5/8" skids from Dennis Kirk and they have survived without issues since then. I just needed to open the OEM holes to 5/8" and get bigger diameter washers for spacers.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I appreciate all the replies. Moved onto a new dealer. He's more straightforward on his dealings and advice.
He doesn't care if I go aftermarket or Kubota on the plow. For my application he thinks I'm better off with a straight blade for lower cost and less weight upfront. I kind of agree since I did fine with my 500 and the kubota plow.
The Kubota straight commercial blade is more money, but he's offered me a deal where it's not THAT much more. Any advantage to the Kubota blade over aftermarket? I do like the orange color!

Cheers!
If it is not much cash difference and it fits the bill, I'd opt for the Kubota blade. All Kubota stuff I've bought has been quality and lasted.

harpoonalt

Thanks guys! Now I wait since they have a seatbelt recall. The truck with mine on it was turned around until the fix is done.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
My Curtis blade says Kubota on it so IIRC, they were a supplier to Kubota.

The blade has survived pretty serious use in snow and gravel for several years and it should be good to go for you also.

One caveat, The OEM skids 1/2" diameter and I bent two of them the first year. I bought a couple 5/8" skids from Dennis Kirk and they have survived without issues since then. I just needed to open the OEM holes to 5/8" and get bigger diameter washers for spacers.

Dido! I don't have the boss plow and it looks awesome but couldn't justify the extra $$ considering 4-6" is a damn good snow here. Honestly in Alaska we wouldn't even bother to plow that amount of snow.
That being said I did get the "Kubota" plow which is a Curtis and it works great so far. I did replace the plow skids with much bigger ones. The oem skids were digging into our gravel and making a heck of a mess.

JEC

I have the Kubota Insurance and my trailer is covered, I think you can include the plow price in coverage.