Much Easier Shifting on new 1100C

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I only have 32 hours on my 1100C but I am really impressed with the much easier shifting on this machine compared to my 2014 X900 when it was new. When not plowing 90% of the time I can shift easily - most times without even pressing on the brake! When plowing there is still the problem of having pressure on the system and there is a need to drop the plow a bit or gun the engine to make it easier to shift into reverse. Given that there are only 32 hours on the machine, I think by the end of the plowing season shifting will be even easier. Are others finding the same? I am also really impressed with the design, function and fit of the entire machine. I haven't had to work on it yet, and I might change my mind when I do, but from my introductory time spent exploring it and driving around and plowing snow I am impressed.

mgrick

Your lucky then. Mine can shift as smooth as butter one time and hang up the next. Plowing is when I have the most issues. Raising and lowering the plow does help at times. Also with the weight of the plow up front it will pop out of gear when backing up on an incline.

Attachments

• IMG_1933.JPG
    IMG_1933.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 8

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Your lucky then. Mine can shift as smooth as butter one time and hang up the next. Plowing is when I have the most issues. Raising and lowering the plow does help at times. Also with the weight of the plow up front it will pop out of gear when backing up on an incline.
Mine still has episodes of difficulty- just like a toddler! Much more so with the plow. But most of the time it is a big improvement over my older machine when it had less than 100 hours. I’ve not had the popping out of gear.

Len 900

The hang up shifting on my x900 is the only complaint I have with it. I keep the brake pressure relief cable adjusted perfect. Holding the brake for a 3 count will sometimes let it shift. 3 seconds can seem like forever when in a hurry. Most times i have to resort to the other tricks like gunning it etc. Kubota has let us down on this issue. After much training my wife can not deal with the hang up shifting and will not drive it. I ended up buying her a used golf cart to run around the farm on. I would pay big money if someone would come up with a bolt on easy shift kit. Come on kubota lets do it!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My first RTV was a used 06 RTV 900. It had 600 hours on it when I got it. It had shifting issues like others have mentioned. One way to quickly shift it was to turn the engine off. This released pressure and I could then easily put it in neutral, restart and be on my way. Not the optimum solution but it worked.
If on a grade, even a little one I can have a hard time shifting my 2015 x1100c, It doesn't happen often but it has happened. I have never had to shut off the RTV due to stuck in gear though. The issue is not as bad as it was with the older RTV plus I have more experience with these machines, so between the two it's a minor annoyance.

v10rick

Site Supporter
My first RTV was a used 06 RTV 900. It had 600 hours on it when I got it. It had shifting issues like others have mentioned. One way to quickly shift it was to turn the engine off. This released pressure and I could then easily put it in neutral, restart and be on my way. Not the optimum solution but it worked.
Same here. When backing up a grade with the RTV900 and without a load, the engine must be shut off to shift into H. Pulling the pressure relief knob works sometimes.