New RTV 900 owner

Dmaxxin

Wow, I thought you were really into this RTV Turbo.

I am. Gotta see how things play out. The machine is part of my grandfathers estate, I'll be buying it from the estate. There is also 3 year old Kubota bx26 blower/ mower. If my cousin passes on that I may try to buy that also.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Well, good luck DM and I wish you the very best on getting what is most important to you. Stay around, we are glad to have you regardless of what you have. :tiphat: collie

Dmaxxin

Well, good luck DM and I wish you the very best on getting what is most important to you. Stay around, we are glad to have you regardless of what you have. :tiphat: collie

The deal is "done". I just want to be 110% sure something doesn't go awry with the estate before I go nuts buying stuff for it.

I've always liked this machine and been watching for a deal on one for a couple years now, I've just always found a different toy to buy instead. And truth be told anytime I needed this one I just dragged it home from camp for a few weeks.

Besides, diesels need turbos. Im such a firm believer in that one of my trucks has 2 :drive2:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is good to hear D. Estates can be difficult at times.
I don't know a think about turbos, otherwise I'd be all over it , trying to share information. collie

Dmaxxin

Thought I would throw up pic or 2 of the "new" toy.
IMG_20130714_135627_296_zps0ee32a5a.jpg

IMG_20131019_080721_650_zpsovt1uyak.jpg

Dmaxxin

Yeah, that boats not it :drink:. That was the ride up to camp last fall to do some stuff with the tractor, leave the boat and bring the RTV back
This was the back haul.
IMG_20131019_141717_408_zpsvi1agkxg.jpg

Dmaxxin

Not to slight you guys with the traditional orange, I like this thing is gloss black. I'm not sure if the dealer painted it or the original owner.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice setup! That black does look good. Any problems with it scratching off from sticks and exposing the orange below?

Is your windshield glass? If so, everyone I know puts the RTV on facing backward to avoid any rocks from breaking the windshield.

Dmaxxin

Nice setup! That black does look good. Any problems with it scratching off from sticks and exposing the orange below?

Is your windshield glass? If so, everyone I know puts the RTV on facing backward to avoid any rocks from breaking the windshield.

The black paint job appears to be either single stage, or base coat/clear coat. It was a fairly decent paint Job, and I actually waxed the thing when grandpa first got it. No serious scuffs for scratches yet, but so far its had a relatively easy life.

The windshield is just plastic, knock on wood I have yet to get any stone damage on anything I have hauled on that trailer. I frequently haul my other pickup on that trailer and hauled a variety of stuff.

Dmaxxin

The tractor looks like a TC30 or so. Tell us about the boat.

BTW, Doc (owner and fellow RTV owner here) also has a boat forum.
http://netboattalk.com/forums/index.php

The Tractor is a TC30, that was also my grandfathers. I believe dad will be keeping that and leave it at the camp. I borrowed the tractor to do some brush hogging and other stuff before winter. I have a TC33d home apart in the corner of the garage that I need to decide whether I want to fix it or dump it/part it out. After using the TC30 some, which is essentially the same size machine I dont think the TC33 will be big enough for my needs.

The boat is a 98 Sea-doo ( speedster I think) twin 587cc motors. I bought that off a buddy in the fall. It may have a forsale on it once the snow is gone depending on whats going on with the musical tractor show I have going on.

Dmaxxin

That doesn't sound good. :( :confused2:

It was cheap, 4wd clutch is shot, Main clutch is stuck, its Sunbelt rentals green. I found a few other little things like the pistons rods on the steer cylinders are bent. Nothing thats the end of the world, I just don't think I want to put forth the effort and cash to have something I'm not going to be happy with.