New RTV-X Messick's Review

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
He pretty much confirms my suspicion that the rtv has been derated in order to meet safety and emissions. My state has legislation now to require tag title and tax for any utv that exceeds 25 mph by designe.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I went to the KTC website to look at the published specs on the 2024 and compare to the old model. I haven't yet confirmed the tire size on the 2024 model, so i can't figuring ratio. But i noticed right off that the governor rpm is now 3000 rpm instead of 3600 on the 2007 model and 3400 on the 2014 model. Apparently KTC is seriously trying to meet some standards in order to not have to add a bunch of cost in emissions and safety. 25 mph is the benchmark and 25 hp.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice review by Neil.
As mentioned in this thread

This forum has had a long relationship with Messick's and Neil in particular. He was actually a moderator here years ago.
Hard to believe but I'm pretty sure we've known Neil for nearly 20 years.

Smilingreen

I wonder if the redesigned transmission will eventually be incorporated in all of the diesel models? If so, I could see Kubota consolidating the RTV models down to 3 or so in the future. That would streamline the build and parts. Same power plant and driveline in all diesel models, dropped into a chassis that has the bells and whistles you want. Somewhere, I saw they were experimenting with a long bed with drop sides.

Last edited:

ItBmine

He pretty much confirms my suspicion that the rtv has been derated in order to meet safety and emissions. My state has legislation now to require tag title and tax for any utv that exceeds 25 mph by designe.
I've posted this before. I have contacted Kubota corporate in the past begging them for 30 to 35 MPH on the 1100C and they told me they will never go over 25 MPH top speed on these models because it puts them into a whole different category where they would require things like license, insurance, helmets, etc to operate on public roads.

I like some of the features on these new models, but not enough to justify the price increase over my current 1100C.

ItBmine

I agree with the last thing Neil spoke about. Being a multiple Polaris owner, I find myself using and trail riding with my RTV-X1100C more than my ATV's. No, it can't go fast and no it can't go mud bogging, but it is so much stronger built, with better components than my Polaris's. Back when I bought my RTV I had to make the decision......do I spend 30 grand on a toy or a real machine built like a tractor.....I went with the Kubota. Which unlike an ATV/UTV, I can still sell it for what I paid for it new

ItBmine

Nice review by Neil.
As mentioned in this thread

This forum has had a long relationship with Messick's and Neil in particular. He was actually a moderator here years ago.
Hard to believe but I'm pretty sure we've known Neil for nearly 20 years.
I appreciate the work Neil does with his videos. I think he pretty much started that on you tube. Now a lot of even the class 8 truck sales people have learned from him and do these kinds of videos now.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I watched a youtube from another dealer that was explaining the x1130 long bed and its features. In the vid he quoted the engineers need to limit to 25 mph and that they accomplished this by limiting the swash plate tilt. This probably means that the while speed is governed to 25 it will not loose power and torque to achieve the limit.

ItBmine

I fully agree with Kubota on their reasons for limiting the speed. I just wish there would have been enough demand for some aftermarket company to come up with a way to increase the speed.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
For me 25 would be fine if it could to that all the time. On flat ground I get close to 25 but on long grade hills I am more like 11 mph. That is frustrating.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
If your peddle and hst are all adjusted you can turn the rack screw out a couple of turns and check your loaded max rpm to 3800? You wouldn't know your machine. Just turn the rpm up only is probably enough and all you would be doing is setting it to factory specs.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Something y'all should understand is that the rtv with the d1100 engine should get up to 25 mph easy and reliable without being out of factory spec. But things have to be adjusted to be in spec also. The rack screw is just a dead stop that won't allow the fuel rack to respond past its setting even if the governor is calling for more fuel. All you are doing by adjusting it is allowing the governor to do a better job of maintaining the rpm it is set for. If your rpm is below 3600 then rated speed will be very difficult to reach or maintain.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My WSM pdf does not have a search feature. It was the freebie I downloaded. Leaves a lot to be desired.
Anyone have a pic of where the rack screw is?

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
My WSM pdf does not have a search feature. It was the freebie I downloaded. Leaves a lot to be desired.
Anyone have a pic of where the rack screw is?
My WSM does have a search function but it does not recognize "rack screw". Perhaps there is another term I can use??

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Rack screw isn't an official term. And you won't find any fuel setting information in the wsm. You will find specs like psi,rpm etc in the wsm. The screw that limits the fuel rack travel sticks out from the front of the block near the injection pump.

Reactions: Doc

Smilingreen

Something y'all should understand is that the rtv with the d1100 engine should get up to 25 mph easy and reliable without being out of factory spec. But things have to be adjusted to be in spec also. The rack screw is just a dead stop that won't allow the fuel rack to respond past its setting even if the governor is calling for more fuel. All you are doing by adjusting it is allowing the governor to do a better job of maintaining the rpm it is set for. If your rpm is below 3600 then rated speed will be very difficult to reach or maintain.
I wish Kubota had put a tach in the RTV's, that way we can better gauge what our RPM is and how much we lose before the HST readjusts for the steeper inclines. I wonder if there is a mechanical tach that could be integrated into the engine?