new tires

Len 900

I think the more rounded profile of the radials allow more clearance. I am going with the 26 dia so my x900 doesn't lose too much power. I think the 900 has about 22 hp and your 1100 has about 25 hp so can turn the 27s better. I think that 25 hp is made at a lower rpm too.

Reactions: Doc

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like 26 9 14 is the size michelin recommends for the x900.. max load is 715 lb. Weight is 57 lbs which seems high and is about twice the weight of the blackwaters. I would think gravel and mud would mess with the flex but I try to keep an open mind...lolView attachment 14303
My X900 has 12” tires… not 14”. (24x10x12)

Last edited:

Len 900

Quick update ...I am waiting for my budget to recover from the holiday spending but will be ordering the blackwaters soon. I am now thinking of going with the factory size of 25x11x12 instead of the 26 diameter. My concern is loosing power with the bigger diameter tire. I know Ohio Pawpaw did not feel a difference but he has the 1100 that has more hp than my x900. Speed and ground clearance are not that important to me but a power loss would bother me. I called rocky mountain and they told me the blackwaters run true to size. So that is my thinking as of now.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Replacing with the factory size is certainly the safe route. I have fields that are reached by gravel township roads, many with hills. The orchards in those fields are on varying terrain from flat to steep and everything in between. I also have a trail that leads from the barn to a ridgetop that is so steep, if the fuel tank isn't full, will actually cut out sometimes. I noticed no change in any aspect of the climb except much better traction. I would say that most people who have stepped up one size and even two, noticed zero change in climbing/pulling power and top speed. I would count myself among them. Most important, it is your money, get what you feel comfortable with. If you were operating the RTV on the very edge of its performance envelope, would you notice a few lb/ft of difference? Possibly. But is that where you plan to operate?

Len 900

Wow...that was guick...48 hours and at my door! Looks like they shipped from a warehouse in Kentucky. Good job Rocky mountain! They look great. The diameter with out air is less than 25 inch so even with air I don't think they will be much bigger than the stock 25 inch tires .So glad I got the 26 inch blackwaters. They are stiff like steel so I will pay someone to mount them. Should I stay with the stock short rubber valve stems or switch to short metal stems?IMG_2198.jpgIMG_2196.jpgIMG_2202.jpg

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Those are going to look great!!! I had them put on steel valve stems just because of the mud and rocks we go through. No regrets. I understand they are a bit stiff to mount but well worth it in toughness. While I think it only increased the ride height about a 1/2 inch, it filled in the wheel wells much better without sacrificing suspension travel.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those are going to look great!!! I had them put on steel valve stems just because of the mud and rocks we go through. No regrets. I understand they are a bit stiff to mount but well worth it in toughness. While I think it only increased the ride height about a 1/2 inch, it filled in the wheel wells much better without sacrificing suspension travel.
I'll 2nd all OPG said.
Shipping was shockingly fast when I ordered also. Top notch group to buy from. Mine measured 25.5 installed on the RTV so like OPG they gave me about .5" more height. I paid to have mine put on the rims. Actually trailered the RTV to a local shop, drove it off the trailer and let them go to work. Same price as if I removed the tires and hauled them in. Worked for me.

Len 900

I agree to mount the yellow letters on the inside. I am looking for 1 inch long metal stems and can only find chrome plated brass at nappa auto for 3 dollars each.....even in rubber the shortest is 1 1/4 inch length. I am also running into two hole sizes of stems. Some stems are for .453 hole and some are for .625 hole??? Does anyone know what the valve stem hole size is in the x900 stock steel wheel? Edit to add I just measured the diameter of my stock stem and it is right at .600 so the hole must be .453 and the length is right at 1 inch with the cap on. I searched the internet again and the only 1 inch metal stem is the one at nappa auto....

Last edited:

Len 900

Tires are on and working well! Found a tire shop to mount and discard the old tires for 75 dollars. At 20 lbs pressure the diameter is just under 26 inches. The old wore down tires were still at 25 inches. I cant tell a difference in step in height and as ohio pawpaw said handling and power are great. I took it on the blacktop expecting it to shake like a hula girl but it was no different than the stock tires. I took it through an area where a few days ago I had to put it in four wheel drive and went through in two wheel drive! The stock tire and wheel weight was 36.2 lb and the new is 44.9 lb so they are 8.7 lb heavier unstrung weight so not too bad for 8 ply.IMG_2238.jpgIMG_2240.jpg Very happy I went with 26x11x12 size.. I know you guys and girls like the dirt so here is a dirty tire pic too lol...Thanks again for everyone's guidance. IMG_2241.jpg

Len 900

Yes I added the bulkhead plate and rails from the kabota xg850 sidekick parts list. I was having trouble with grape brush falling between the bed and cab. The plate is not only higher but also has a rubber gasket that closes the gap and fixed the problem. I did a thread on installing it. I think it was called"width of xg850 bed"....I don't know how to post a link...sorry. A search should show it. Many cool parts on the xg will fit our x series.