New x1100c lights dimming from dealer

J754

I am about two weeks into owning my first RTV, ‘20 x1100c camo with snowblower set up, front work lights and rear single work light all installed by the dealer. What I noticed snow blowing at night was any raising (can’t remember if lowering also) of blower or articulation of shoot it dims the lights right down. It didn’t matter if it was just head lights or single rear work light. I also noticed my raising is very slow. I’ve watched as many night use videos of the blower I could find and does not seem like lights are effected and raising is possibly faster. I have contacted the dealer and they said they are going to look into it. Well I have not heard back and now I am here looking for first hand usage experience. Has any x1100c owners with K-connect and snowblower or kubota plow have any light dimming issues when using the hydraulic functions?

Mork

Light dimming issues when using hi current draw accessories is pretty normal. I usually see a flicker in the lights when the air conditioning compressor cycles. If you get sever dimming during chute articulation or raising the blower, it may be drawing too much power from the electrical system and should be checked.

Westfield

I am about two weeks into owning my first RTV, ‘20 x1100c camo with snowblower set up, front work lights and rear single work light all installed by the dealer. What I noticed snow blowing at night was any raising (can’t remember if lowering also) of blower or articulation of shoot it dims the lights right down. It didn’t matter if it was just head lights or single rear work light. I also noticed my raising is very slow. I’ve watched as many night use videos of the blower I could find and does not seem like lights are effected and raising is possibly faster. I have contacted the dealer and they said they are going to look into it. Well I have not heard back and now I am here looking for first hand usage experience. Has any x1100c owners with K-connect and snowblower or kubota plow have any light dimming issues when using the hydraulic functions?
I have the same machine with a snowblower and I have no problems with my lights dimming. You definitely have a problem, dimming lights would not be acceptable on a brand new machine. Call your dealership and tell them you have a problem!

J754

Thank you for the replies. Westfield, I called them the next day after feeling that it was not right. I wanted to get some owner input on the subject before calling back and seeing what we are going to do next. I’m going to stay positive that this is something small.

Westfield

I wouldn't worry too much your machine should be under warranty. Just hope it doesn't snow a foot while they have your machine.

Westfield

Thank you for the replies. Westfield, I called them the next day after feeling that it was not right. I wanted to get some owner input on the subject before calling back and seeing what we are going to do next. I’m going to stay positive that this is something small.
Could you please let us know what the problem was. I'm not much for doing but I'm all for learning.

Reactions: Doc

J754

I will post the findings. The dealer is waiting on my rear screen then will come up to install that and look it over at the same time.

We just moved last fall so I found out 30”of snow and a 400’ drive on a hill isn’t something to kill ones self over. I didn’t want to put a plow on the truck, the atv and walk behind blower did work but we wanted to get a side by side anyways. This RTV is just a good investment for saving time, being comfortable, save my back and so on with the excuses to get a new toy.

J754

Not much of an update but I had the kubota dealers road mechanic bring up my rear window screen and look over the machine. He checked over the charging system/electrical but no readings stood out as a red flag. He said they usually do around 2 k-connect installs a year. They haven’t had any complaints or issues from other customers about the lights dimming. There is a machine with the same set up scheduled to come into the shop so he is going to see what the lights do on that unit when using the k-connect functions. So it’s back to touching base with the dealer to figure out what the next step is to figuring out an answer.

J754

So what I know:
-operating hydraulic dump bed has NO effect on lights.
-using any hydraulic k-connect function causes light(s)to dim down (hand throttle at full).
-lifting blower seems slow or initially hesitant (may just be me not used to it)

I noticed:
-blower seems to raise uneven due to cylinder being mounted to one side (rather then center) on lifting frame
-machine loves throwing snow!

J754

Still no real answer from the dealer. I’ve emailed kubota directly and was recommended to bring the unit in so they can be in contact with a tech. I’m in the process of speaking with my dealer president to get a direct answer from a kubota tech. It can’t be this big mystery. I can’t believe a factory accessory would operate like this. There has to be a
Defect in the machine, defect in the k-connect/blower or improperly installed.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the follow up. You are taking all the right steps to get to the bottom of this. Good luck and please keep us posted.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Keep after them or they may "fall asleep" . I was just wondering if the dealership happened to put a different battery in that was a smaller size if that one went down on the sales lot. I understand that the machine is new but was wondering about that battery being the heavy duty kind for added equipment ?? I understand this is during hydraulic use only though? weird for sure.

J754

I spoke with the dealership president this afternoon. He has a tech scheduled to be in at his main dealership and will run the issue by them. I’m sure end game will be taking back to my local dealer and having a kubota tech come diagnose it.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
unless things have changed the k connect id an electric over hydraulic unit attached to the front. when you lift the electric motor that drives the pump will draw amps from the battery. have the dealer check to see if the alternator amperage rating is the same as for a machine with k connect. my guess is that you need a higher amperage alternator or could be in the k connect unit drawing to many amps.

J754

The lift cylinder works off of the main RTV hydraulics and the shoot functions run off of the k-connect pump. The lift/lower dims the lights but my dump bed does not which makes me think maybe it could be something to do with the k-connect controls/wiring. The president of the dealership did mention it is equipped with a 75amp alternator which is larger then most tractors have and should have no issues. My local dealership did have a mechanic come up and look it over but he didn’t see any major draws or issues with alternator/charging. I feel raising the blower is very sluggish and slow but that could be just me. He did mention if there is a problem with the lift speed it could be an hydraulic orifice issue for that function.

I can’t say it enough tho, this machine loves to throw snow and what a blast it is.

Westfield

The lift cylinder works off of the main RTV hydraulics and the shoot functions run off of the k-connect pump. The lift/lower dims the lights but my dump bed does not which makes me think maybe it could be something to do with the k-connect controls/wiring. The president of the dealership did mention it is equipped with a 75amp alternator which is larger then most tractors have and should have no issues. My local dealership did have a mechanic come up and look it over but he didn’t see any major draws or issues with alternator/charging. I feel raising the blower is very sluggish and slow but that could be just me. He did mention if there is a problem with the lift speed it could be an hydraulic orifice issue for that function.

I can’t say it enough tho, this machine loves to throw snow and what a blast it is.
I had to blow some snow late last night before it froze. I did notice when I raise or lowered the snowblower my lights also dimmed. It was just a slight dimming of the lights and I do not expect to be snowblowing at night in the future unless I absolutely have to. So I'm not even going to worry about it it wasn't that much for me.

J754

By chance did you notice any dimming when articulating the blower shoot? My local dealer got in touch with a kubota tech that has a few areas he wants to check. Now we’re just waiting on an opening to get the tech to the dealership. If kubota intended for the k-connect to cause lights dimming that’s a poor design and so be it but If there is an underlying issue I’d rather nip it in the rear now then when out of warranty. Who knows could be as simple as bad ground or improper power feed? The hydraulics for the bed have no effect on the lights but any button push on the k-connect controller causes the dimming. I do most of my snow clearing at night so it’s something that’s very noticeable for me.

Westfield

By chance did you notice any dimming when articulating the blower shoot? My local dealer got in touch with a kubota tech that has a few areas he wants to check. Now we’re just waiting on an opening to get the tech to the dealership. If kubota intended for the k-connect to cause lights dimming that’s a poor design and so be it but If there is an underlying issue I’d rather nip it in the rear now then when out of warranty. Who knows could be as simple as bad ground or improper power feed? The hydraulics for the bed have no effect on the lights but any button push on the k-connect controller causes the dimming. I do most of my snow clearing at night so it’s something that’s very noticeable for me.
I will check it out tonight for you and see what all actually makes the lights dim

Westfield

I will check it out tonight for you and see what all actually makes the lights dim

Every button on the controller makes my lights dim. It's just for a couple seconds while you're pushing the button. But that is unacceptable that should not happen the money we pay for these machines. I will be telling of my dealer this when I take it in for my checkup this spring.

Westfield

Every button on the controller makes my lights dim. It's just for a couple seconds while you're pushing the button. But that is unacceptable that should not happen the money we pay for these machines. I will be telling of my dealer this when I take it in for my checkup this spring.
I'm starting to wonder if this problem just started for me. Because I don't recall the lights dimming earlier in the season. Or it could just be old age. J754 you're right though these things sure are a blast for removing snow. It was 15 degrees out the other day and I was snow blowing with my t-shirt on. Now I look forward to snow storms. I don't know how long that will last but it sure is fun now!