# of hours

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I had great service out of the Kubota hydraulic fluids. The sudt2 is synthetic and is A+ . The cheaper brands will sometimes foam and cause much grief. SUDT2 the choice for me.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I quit using cooling system “cleaners” after the third time in a row it cost me my water pump. I used Prestone radiator and system flush product and I‘m convinced the caustic chemicals killed the water pump seals. That was 40 years ago and ever since I’ve only used plain water for a flush, re-filled with quality anti-freeze and lost no more pumps.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I quit using cooling system “cleaners” after the third time in a row it cost me my water pump. I used Prestone radiator and system flush product and I‘m convinced the caustic chemicals killed the water pump seals. That was 40 years ago and ever since I’ve only used plain water for a flush, re-filled with quality anti-freeze and lost no more pumps.
That's good to know! (y)(y)(y)

seedsower

The water is very brown in mine after changing it a few times.Is there a product for flushing that wont cause harm?
I remember using washing soda to clean out oil once but doubt it will do this

jbiniak

Purchased a 2014 X1100C started but would not move fwd. or reverse fixed that problem at auction in 2018 had 14236 miles and 2215 hours runs like a champ I will never sell it as I could never buy another for what I paid.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Purchased a 2014 X1100C started but would not move fwd. or reverse fixed that problem at auction in 2018 had 14236 miles and 2215 hours runs like a champ I will never sell it as I could never buy another for what I paid.

That is great news!!! why wouldn't it move at the auction?

jbiniak

That is great news!!! why wouldn't it move at the auction?
Kind of a long story the small version is It was a Hertz rental i believe it was in for service as it had 2 new tires all 4 axle shafts replaced and all maint. performed I bought a WSM off ebay and a gauge set found no charge pressure found the pressure regulator valve laying in the belly pan.YES THAT IS CORRECT. reasembled and all is good go figure don't know how or why it was there but I got one hell of a great deal $2600.00

• Wow
Reactions: Doc

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
did a little math. your machine averaged about 6.5 mph during it's rental period. just for fun. but very valuable info that the axles were replaced at 14000 miles. that is much better than the old u joint set up maybe??? i can't remember when collie changed hers out?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's right Aurthuritis. :) I replaced my rear ujoints- the greaseable ones on the 2011 RTV 900 only once in the 4200 + hrs and the non greaseable ones 2 x in the same amount of time. with the same 42oo hrs ( or so) on the 2005 before I soold it to buy the 2011. I think I posted the hours in the rear ujoints needed thread but not sure. :)

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I liked them Aurthuritis. I think I got a lot more work out of them on my 2011 RTV900 which came with oem greasables ujoints in the rear. . The old and early RTV 900 of mine that was bought new in Feb of 2005, came with oem non greasable sealed ujoints. It had no access underneath to make a greasable zerk work anyways. I did try to drill out a access hole but it would have taken a huge drill bit to really work well so went with the largest I had. In other words, for members with the really early RTV900's and thinking about replacing with a greasable ujoint, it won't do much good if you can't reach it to put in grease. I think I posted about it on the rear ujoint needed again thread but not sure if it was that thread or a different one. (The access hole underneath that inner ujoint was at least quarter sized if I remember correctly .) collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I liked them Aurthuritis. I think I got a lot more work out of them on my 2011 RTV900 which came with oem greasables ujoints in the rear. . The old and early RTV 900 of mine that was bought new in Feb of 2005, came with oem non greasable sealed ujoints. It had no access underneath to make a greasable zerk work anyways. I did try to drill out a access hole but it would have taken a huge drill bit to really work well so went with the largest I had. In other words, for members with the really early RTV900's and thinking about replacing with a greasable ujoint, it won't do much good if you can't reach it to put in grease. I think I posted about it on the rear ujoint needed again thread but not sure if it was that thread or a different one. (The access hole underneath that inner ujoint was at least quarter sized if I remember correctly .) collie

my old 2008 1100 has the greas type joints and no access. i solvet the issue with a gun tip that slides on from 90 degrees. but the serk is in the top of the cap not in the cross.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Well got it from my uncle. Sat in his garage for 3 years , hardly used it in those 3 years as he got old and moved into town,. I think I scored ?? What ya think Aurthuritis ?

yep i think you got it just right. best thing is you know it's history. should last your many years.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Wow, Just dawned on me today that 1067 hrs , after you start it ,, I couldnt figure out what that 8019.1 was....
THATS THE MILES Holly COW . :geek: The old fart musta putted around the farm a lot ..

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I just took a long cruise on her, @ 10 miles.. She got up to 27 mph :cool:
Was in search of the largest / steepest hill I could find, I found one.. VERY Steep !
She climbed it like a Mountain Goat :applause:
Named her the "Texas Turtle" Might have to change name to Mountain Goat !