Plug in for winch nowhere to be found.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had to winch my mower on to the trailer yesterday. Way to heavy to push up the ramp. So I winched from beside the truck that was hooked up to the trailer. I needed to winch from the other side of the trailer so I figured it was a good time to try out the winch on the new to me x1100c. I got the cord with a 5 pin plug. But cannot find anywhere to plug it in. I called the dealership and asked where these are normally mounted. He said to the left of the steering wheel. And there is a place for a plug in but a plastic piece covering the spot till it is used for something. So wife and I looked all over inside and under the hood all to no avail. I gave up and chauked the wheels of the mower then unhooked the winch and moved the vehicle to the other side of the truck and got the job at hand done.

Anyone else have a winch hookup that is hidden somewhere on your RTV? Doesn't seem likely but could the installer have forgot to put in that part?

Len 900

If you follow the cable from your dash rocker switch the remote plug cable will branch off from it. Should be able to track it from there. I have seen them mounted on the driver side above the x1100 emblem but you probably would have seen that. Maybe look by the grill close to the winch ?

Len 900

The transmitter for the wireless remote on my badlands 5000 winch plugs into the 5 pin cable remote plug. When you find the plug and it has a small black box in it then you have a wireless remote and have to find the hand held control. I keep mine in the glove box. Maybe check the glove box first .

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nope. No luck. I've looked off and on but lately more off than on. I have the 10 or 15 foot plug in with controller for the winch, but no place to plug that in. Winch was on the RTV when I bought it used last Dec. I had turn signals and a radio added shortly after purchasing. Wondering if the installer moved the plug in out of sight when doing those installs for me. I have two other vehicles with a winch on them so there is no rush on this for now. In the process of remodeling kitchen and that is taking up the bulk of my time and attention. Thank goodness that project should be completed in 3 weeks if I'm lucky.

ItBmine

That's all I had to offer, LOL I'm sure waiting for you to find it. Are you sure they remembered to install it? When I picked mine up the salesman and I could not find the block heater plug. Sure enough mechanic forgot to install it.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It has me thinking they forgot. The place that the previous owner bought it from sold the dealership 3 months after he bought it. The new dealership installed the turn signals for me and gave me suggestions of where it might be (to the right or left of the steering wheel) but so joy. Will have them track it down next time I have it in there. My back limits my mobility so I'm not even attempting it.

jimr63

It has me thinking they forgot. The place that the previous owner bought it from sold the dealership 3 months after he bought it. The new dealership installed the turn signals for me and gave me suggestions of where it might be (to the right or left of the steering wheel) but so joy. Will have them track it down next time I have it in there. My back limits my mobility so I'm not even attempting it.
My bet is it used to be mounted in the dash where your emergency flasher button is now and they left it dangling behind the dash when they installed your turn signals.:unsure:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good thought Jim. Will check that. Piss poor work if that is what they did, but sure worth checking.

Len 900

When you do find it i recommend getting a wireless remote. The receiver simply plugs into the plug you are looking for and you can leave it out of sight. Then you can run the winch anywhere up to 50 feet. guarantee you will like it. Harbor freight has them for around 30 dollars with a coupon.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
When you do find it i recommend getting a wireless remote. The receiver simply plugs into the plug you are looking for and you can leave it out of sight. Then you can run the winch anywhere up to 50 feet. guarantee you will like it. Harbor freight has them for around 30 dollars with a coupon.
Awesome idea. I didn't realize you could turn a plug in winch to a wireless that easy. Very kewl.

Oldpath

I dont like my remote with wire, someday I'll go wireless, but looks like it takes a little wiring talent with youtube videos......

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Mine is on the left side of the dash, just below the headlight switch, about where my left knee rests. You’re going to have to follow the wiring harness from the winch all the way back to the main switch and relay to find it.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
hm all I can say is. DOC>> .. If you aint got no use for that controller and cable I will buy it from you .
LOL Mine has a Port, But I have no controller,, You got a controller and NO PORT.! ;) .
Least one of us would be happy at that point !

• Haha