PROBLEM AFTER 50 HOUR SERVICE

When I tried to load my RTV1100 on my trailer in High gear after the 50 hour service, it would not load on my tilt trailer....It ran good from the shop to the trailer but when I hit the bottom of the trailer and gave it more pedal it just reved like it was in neutral and would not go up the ramp. I called the mechanic at the dealership and he came out and said to try in low gear. It went up the ramp in low gear so I backed down and tried in High and it went up the ramp........The mechanic gave no explanation.........When I got home I backed off the trailer and just out of curiosity, I tried to go up in High gear and all it would do is rev.............I went for a ride and tried some hills that I knew it would climb in high gear, but no luck, It would either stall out or just rev............I called the dealer back and no one knew what to do......They said to call back in the morning and talk to the service manager.......</p>

It ran perfect until I got the 50 hour service.......No problems....What could the mechanic have done to cause this problem??????????? He said he just changed filters and fluids............</p>

Rusty Anvil,</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Somuch forall the RTV's going great at one time >>>>>>>> Oh, well</p>

Check the fluid level, make sure he put the proper amount in the machine. But it really sounds like a piece of trash done got into the valves of the tranny some how. Might have to be flushed again. Or change the filters out again. sounds like Some small trash or debis done come loose and is going threw your system ~~~~~~</p>

But, being the dealer serviced the unit, it's his responsiblity to have it running proper. That's just my 2 cents worth.</p>

Did you go back with the Super Kubota Fluids ? But first, check the fluids >>>></p>

<span style="font-size: x-small;"></span><span style="color: #ff0000;"><font color="#ff0000"><font size="4"> <font face="JohnHancock">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</font></font></font></span><span style="font-size: medium;"></span></p>

</p>

G

</p>

I second his advice... have them take a look at it again. Crazy that they just shoved it on your trailer and pushed you out the door like that.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i know if i brought something to them and it came back running worst than when i dropped it off they would be hearing from me foe show.</p>

The mechanic checked the fluid level and oil level and they were full.....The bill says that the mechanic used Super udt and 10-w-30 oil........32430 oil filter,,,14070 hst filter,,,,14080 hyd filter,,,43012 fuel filter,,,,When I went for a short ride down the main road tonight it didn't have as much power as it had before the 50 hour service...It seems to have no power,,no pickup,,like it is half dead........</p>

Neil and Two Guns,,</p>

When I talk to the service manager tomorrow, I will suggest that he replace all hst and hyd filters and flush the system......</p>

Is there anything else you would recommend........</p>

Thanks,,</p>

Rusty Anvil,,</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i did read somehwere on another forum about some havin the same problem the only thing was they changed the oil themself . so they put the old oil back in and it ran fine after that.i think it was dargo on tractorbynet . you might wanna search thatweb sight for a fix too.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]</p>

</p>

Is there anything else you would recommend........</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

My suggestion might sound crude, but I wouldn't suggest, I wouldDEMAND new Super Fluid & Filters. PERIOD. And I don't mean catch the fluid and re-use it . </p>

It isfor sure is a pressure problem, caused by a faulty new filter, or some trash got into the valves somehow, and found it's way to the filter. SOMETHING SOMEWHERE IS STOPPING THE HYDRO PRESSURE. Knowing none of this was done on purpose by no means. But, things happen. </p>

I would bet, if one would let the tranny drain REALLY, REALLY good. And install new filters and super fluids. The problem would be gone.....</p>

NOW, IF for some monsterreason it don't fix it. Make the mechanic run a pressure test on the hydro system. But I would be damn if I would drive away from the dealership without it functioning properly EVERY time. I would run it for about10 minutes or more at the dealership, letting it cool down about 8-10 minutes at a time, and run it again. Doing this three or four times making running time in the area of 30 minutes or more. I know it sounds like much running. But you would know theproblem is out of the system before you headed back to point B .....</p>

Like it was said before, the dealer should of never let you leave with YOUR machine acting like such, expecially after he done the damn service. Sorry, but that's just my opinion.</p>

I don't know ifthat dealer would survive down here, expecially since I havn't long quit smoking !!!!! </p>

~~~~~~~~~~~ jamie</p>

</p>

</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree with that Rusty Anvil.I don't know how the hyd filters are on an 1100, but just see if the things are not reversed. This is probably not it. Two Guns has it covered at any rate. Two Guns, congrads on thequitting smoking!! Bordercollie</p>

I talked to the Service Manager this morning and he said they will make it right. He said he could send out the service truck to my area next week or if I would bring it to the shop, he would work on the RTV himself. I am going to take it to the shop tomorow morning....I will keep you guys posted on the results........I will not leave the side of my RTV during the service. I will stay right there and watch every move the dealership makes.....I would like to thank all my friends for their immediate responses.............</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
you go get-um rusty. make them fix it right . have them test it out before they even work on it to show them what it's doing.or in your case not doing.</p>

</p>

Here is my update,,,,,,,,,,The first thing they did when i got there was check the two hst filters to see if any collapsed. The filters looked just like new.......Then they switched the filters and it ran slower than before.......The next step was to relpace all hst filters with new and replace super udt tranny oil with new...........After replacing the filters and tranny oil with newones, we went for a test drive.....It was still sluggish.......It still had trouble going up the ramp.</p>

They then went and got a special edition and tried it up the ramp. It would go up the ramp fast but would rev just like mine if you just went up the ramp real slow.......They then tried mine again slow and it would rev......They tried it fast and it would go up the ramp but a lot slower than the special edition........They said to take it home over the weekend and run it and let them know what happens.....</p>

Now here is the good part.......I got it home and decided to take it out on the road and see what it would do.........I started down the road and it was running sluggish..........Then it started to die......Then it gave a chug and started to run like a new machine.....I tried it on the flat road and it ran great..........I tried it ona hill and it ran great..........It ran better than it ever ran before..........On the hill it would start to go slow and I would let off the pedal and it would rev and go like hell............Just like it should.......</p>

I didn't have time to call the dealership and tell them what happened.....I will call tomorrow or Monday to ask them what their opinions are of this situation....I talked to a couple of my friends and they all came to only two conclusions........1. The fuel filter had a vapor lock from not filling it up all the way and as soon as I ran it the fuel filled up and the air was gone........2. One of the valves in the hst system was either stuck or clogged and from running it wide open it released............</p>

NOW MY FORUM FRIENDS::::::::WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS??</p>

</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]</p>

</p>

Then they switched the filters and it ran slower than before.......</p>

NOW MY FORUM FRIENDS::::::::WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS??</p>

</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,</p>

[/quote]</p>

FIRST, who's idea was it to switch the damn filters. That wasn't a very bright move !!!!! Each filter has it's own purpose. PERIOD >>>></p>

Filter K7561-14070 is tan in color, it goes on the side, ( hint: where the other one just like it was !!! )</p>

Filter K7561-14080 is sort Orange in color, it goes in the back. ( hint: where the orange one was from the beginning.. !!!! )</p>

Why in the grace of God, did somebody switch them. It's beyond me. ********** Jesus Christ >>>>></p>

Each filter has it's own purpose for being there. Good way to burn up a great piece of equipment !!!! One is a Hydro Tranny filter, the other, is a Suction Filter.</p>

Sorry, but things like that just burns my powder !!! Anyway, I was thinking when reading your on down, it could have been a fuel filter. Did they change the fuel filter out on your RTV ? Sure they used a fuel filter and didn't swap some other filter on it ?</p>

It sure does sound like it was the fuel filter. A fuel filter will make one act weak., very weak. The valve WAS NOT STUCK, forget that, I repeat, it was not stuck. But, on the other hand, a very small piece of trash couldslow the flow of fluidgoing threwa valve and when you really got down on it, it released, and is held up in your filter, where it suppose to stay and will !!!!!</p>

Run the hell out of it this weekend, if the fuel filter was NOT changed during the service, change it NOW !!</p>

And when the fuel filter is changed on these machines, they need to run a little to get ALL the air out of the filter and the lines that jump in there during the filter change. </p>

<span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: #ff0000;"> <font face="JohnHancock">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</font></span></span></p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="tommy 20/69"]</p>

you saying they put an oil filter where the fuel filter goes??</p>

[/quote]</p>

Tommy, Kubota RTV's has two filters on the tranny, both having their own purpose. One is a suction type and the other is a secondaryfilter type. Two filters doing two different jobs on the same transmissions. The way it sounds, they didn't know what to do, and didn't want to change the fluids again, or should I say, go the easiestroute they could go .They swapped the filters around to see what would happen.VERY STUPID STUNT !!!! ( at the jeopardy ofcustomer's machine ) I really cannot believe anybody in their right mind would do such. I'm just shell-shocked over hearing that a dealer did such. After hearing all that, I wouldn't be surprised what he would try to do with any other filter or anything else with that machine. Somebody really needs to educate this dealer .....</p>

That's why I wonder what he did when he changed the fuel filter, or if he did during the service. Just cannot shake this out situation of my mind >>>>>>>>></p>

Also, does he know there is a right and a wrong direction to put the fuel filter. There is acorrect way the fuelshould flow !!!
</p>

<span style="font-size: x-small;"></span><span style="color: #ff0000;"><span style="color: #ff0000;"><span style="font-size: medium;"> <font face="JohnHancock">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</font></span></span></span><span style="font-size: medium;"></span></p>

</p>

</p>

The fuel filter was changed two days ago, on the first visit..........They didn't touch the fuel filter today......They didn't even mention the fuel filter today.........I told my contractor and excavating friends today when I got back from the dealer, and they figured out that it was the fuel filter and not the Hyd or Hst filters.......</p>

When I got there today the Service manager switched the orange filter with the tan filter for just two minutes and then put new filters and new super udt in the machine.....He put the orange filter in the back and the tan filter on the right side facing the rear of the machine..........The tan filter on the left side facing the rear of the machine was not touched or changed today...It was changed two days ago............</p>

I had the machine out tonight and it seems to be running better that in ever ran before................The service manager should of picked up on the fuel filter issue, but he missed the boat on this one......</p>

I hope I made myself clear.........If not just ask me for more info......</p>

Thanks for all the help........</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I'm happy Rusty Advil that you got it going your way. Fuel filters stopping up will drivea person crazy.</p>

Must of got some air in the system during the changing. It happens to us all .....</p>

Word of advise, >>>>>>> always keep a spare fuel filter, they are very cheap, and will save you one day.</p>

The more you run your RTV, the better it runs. </p>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ jamie</p>

</p>

doggman

I vote that something was blocking, or bypassing,the hydro fluid flow. In the first posting you said it would rev up like it was in neutral so it sounds like the engine was getting fuel.Also, Kubotas are self bleeding as far as air in the fuel system goes...</p>

There are a lot oftiny passages in the trans system that could have gotten blocked with debris or maybe even air locked. It sounds like the debris broke loose and then everything went back to normal. Might have even had something stuck in a valve seat. I've had tiny silicone gasket sealer fragments give me hell at one time (not on a Kubota) and make all kinds of problems.Glad it resolved itself. </p>

Doggman,,</p>

Thanks for all the info........I hope it never happens again. It was really frustrating. Now it runs like a charm.......I am now in the middle of installing my radio (Pioneer dehp400ub premier) and Alpine speakers.........Will let everyone know the results...........</p>

Rusty Anvil..</p>