Question concerning tilting the bed

Fedup

This is on a RTV 1100C. First time on this machine, in pouring down rain, trying to access the engine. I couldn't figure out the trick to tilt the bed. Any help here?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
When sitting in the drivers seat the lever to raise the bed is beside you on the left, near the door. It might have the slide lock on it, if so slide it out and pull back to raise the bed.

Fedup

Okay, thanks for that. I saw the bed has handles, so I assume that's just a lock mechanism, the bed is lifted by hand and then some type of prop then holds it up?

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
If the machine isn't running you can hold the hydraulic valve open and lift the bed. There is a safety block originally kept on the machines frame with a small cable that fits over the hydraulic cylinder to keep the bed up.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So you're saying that normally the bed tilts with hydraulics, not manually?
Yes. Some 'worksite' RTV's did not have the hydraulic bed but I believe all 1100c's have the hydraulic one.

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
There is a control lever to the left of the driver's seat. Up raises the bed, down lowers it. Don't confuse the parking brake with the hydraulic lever. Number 10 below.

1673280473213.png

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Of course the engine must be running for the hydraulics to work (hate to state the obvious but prefer to be clear). If you cannot get the engine running you can raise the bed but it is heavy and you do need to prop it up. I had that issue on an older RTV when the battery died.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can't speak specifically for the 1100, but this is on the 900's.
If your engine isn't running and you want to lift the hydraulic bed:
In the aforementioned picture/diagram, take the lever #10 and jam it all the way forward. It should lock in the forward (float) position. If it doesn't, try harder. Once it's locked in that forward position, all hydraulics are bypassed through some magic and you can then lift the bed. Once you raise it, hold it up then place the holding rod as mentioned in post #4. You can then return lever #10 to it's neutral position or leave it locked forward to lower the bed then put it in neutral position.

Last edited:

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Don’t know about other models…but the X900 is manual lift unless the ”optional” hydraulic kit is installed….

On the manual model: Unlatch the left and right side latches…grab the adjacent loop-handle and LIFT (be sure to wear your athletic-supporter.**)

It will automatically latch in the full-Up position via a support-arm.

To lower, the be must be lifted slightly again…the support-arm stowed…then the bed lowered.

** I’m getting to the age…and the amount of junk stored in the bed is gaining weight

Fedup

Thanks guys. That's a good starting point. I don't deal much with RTV's. I get calls every now then on one, mostly Gators.

This one runs okay, nothing wrong with it I'm aware of. Just needs an oil change.