Removing Headcover TC-30

tennred

I removed all the bolts and head cover (valve train cover) could not get it off engine. Nothing to attach chain to hoist it off. Any one know what am missing in getting it off to adjust valves ? New Holland TC-30 2007 model.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NTT. Hate to see a question like yours go with no reply. So I'm replying to welcome you to our site even if we do not have an answer for this issue.
We have a few NH guys on here but evidently they have not been online today.

On my old 60's model cars I'd pry the valve cover off with a screwdriver. Worked back then, no clue if that is an acceptable way to take off your cover. Good luck

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
On my old 60's model cars I'd pry the valve cover off with a screwdriver. Worked back then, no clue if that is an acceptable way to take off your cover. Good luck
I was thinking the same thing. It may be the gasket holding it tight, especially if something like loctite valve cover gasket silicone has been applied.
Figuring you're going to replace that gasket anyway, I'd give it a slow, steady pry and see if it starts to separate.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's what I was thinking too- Might try going around it with a new utility blade being careful of breaking it ( eye protection) or of dinging up the edges with anything hard. . I had to do that when I replaced the u joints on the transmission of the RTV 900. The sealant was especially stuck there. It might also have some of the elevated pins protruding out to aid in lining up every thing. Just my guess though and what I might try if it were me.

Reactions: Doc