Room For an x1100c on a 5x10 trailer?

BBrian

I'm trying to figure out if my RTV will fit on my 5x10 utility trailer. My 2005 HPX gator just barely made it. I know I'll need to beef up the ramp but before I do has anyone tried it before. The trailer is rated at 2500# so it will just make the weight. Sorry if this has been covered in the past I'm new here and haven't looked everywhere. Thanks, Brian

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
the full size RTVs dimensions are 122 x 63.2 (from kubota's web site) I sold my 900 to a guy who brought a 5x10 trailer, it just barely fit. If it was a 1100 it wouldn't have worked, because he wouldn't be able to open the doors once he loaded it.

BBrian

Thanks for the reply. The doors would be above the rails so I would be able to open them. I've tried to measure the width at the tires and it's close. I was just curious if anyone had done it. Barely fitting is still fitting! Does a 900 have the same footprint as an 1100?

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
So you have a bit of reference, this is on my 16 ft trailer. The doors open without hitting that top rail. I'm not too sure it would fit on a 10 ft trailer.

IMG_20211022_152901763.jpg

BBrian

Thanks Bota . The side rails of my trailer are only about 10" high so the doors will clear. It will be a bit awkward getting in and out while loaded. I should get a new trailer the would haul the 1100 and the L3200. So many things I want but not enough dough for everything.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's awkward getting in and out when loaded on my 6x12 trailer.
For a 5x10 yeah it will be awkward but I'd be more concerned with the load. To much weight in the rear and the trailer will wobble back and forth at speeds and could cause an accident. you might have to back in on so as not to have to much weight near the rear.
On my 6x12 I pull the RTV as far forward as I can and that gives me enough tongue weight and hauls nicely.

Edit to add:
I just read that the RTV is 63 inches wide. A 5ft trailer is 60 inches wide. Does not sound like a good fit to me.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Thanks Bota . The side rails of my trailer are only about 10" high so the doors will clear. It will be a bit awkward getting in and out while loaded. I should get a new trailer the would haul the 1100 and the L3200. So many things I want but not enough dough for everything.
I got lucky with that trailer. Bought it used on Craigslist from a landscaper that was looking to upgrade.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
For a 5x10 yeah it will be awkward but I'd be more concerned with the load. To much weight in the rear and the trailer will wobble back and forth at speeds and could cause an accident. you might have to back in on so as not to have to much weight near the rear.
On my 6x12 I pull the RTV as far forward as I can and that gives me enough tongue weight and hauls nicely.

Edit to add:
I just read that the RTV is 63 inches wide. A 5ft trailer is 60 inches wide. Does not sound like a good fit to me.
I second this advice. Back in the 90's I was hauling chalkboards with an overloaded 16' enclosed trailer down I-95 and it started fishtailing, before we knew it we could see the back end of the trailer out the side window! Oh my! Then the whole load shifted, and the struts inside holding everything punched out the side through the metal and spilled out into 2 lanes of highway. We got lucky nobody was hurt. But the damage was immense. Big hole in the side of the trailer, damaged product, bent axles, and a very very expensive tow bill. We had warned our boss for years to upgrade the truck and trailer, but he was too busy buying boats and fancy cars. I think he was snorting the nose candy too. I can't really talk crap too much because he did pay us well, and it was a good job. But he never invested in the business itself, we always had old equipment that was constantly breaking down. So yeah it's important to have the right equipment. Good luck!

BBrian

Edit to add:
I totally agree. Is your 6x12 a single axel? I should try to find a 16" trailer so I can haul both Kubotas. Better yet, a dumper with ramps. Then I'll need a new pickup sheesh.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I know what you mean. Always something.
Yes, my 6 x 12 is single axle. Perfect for me. I've wished it was tandem at times but hauling the tractor makes me nervous. I call the dealer and have them pick it up and bring it back. They are 40 mins away and charge 75 for both ways. For what I'd have to pay for a tandem and the few times (2) I've had to get it to the dealer it would take a lot of trips to justify a tandem trailer just for hauling the tractor. My single axel 6 x 12 works great for all I have to haul and I let the pros handle the tractor. Works for me.

BBrian

Thanks for the replies!
Just one at a time. I drove the 1100 home when I bought it. I'll look for a 16 footer and try to peddle my 5x10

BBrian

So I found a 6.5' x 16'trailer on Craigslist today. It needs a bit of work but I figured $1050 was a good price. It needs new lights and wiring and fenders. It came with stowed ramps. The brand is Carson trailers. It should haul the 1100 or the L3200 nicely. Wife says I have to sell the 5 x 10 trailer cause stuff is piling up.

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wife says I have to sell the 5 x 10 trailer cause stuff is piling up.
There's no such thing as too many trailers. ;)
I had the same stowed ramp setup. I'd recommend checking the ramps with some frequency. Mine would rust quickly.