RTV-1100 Log Problem

07Rhino,</p>

I sure am glad that Bczoom found you and got you to help in this forum.......</p>

Here is my question......I have a 2007 RTV1100 bought in Dec of 07......Whenever I come up to my tilt trailer or a log or any obstacle that is even 2 or 3 inches high and stop and try and restart, my machine just hums and will not go...........Now this is in high gear........if i put it in low gear and push it to the floor, it will go up the ramp or over the log............But in high gear it will not climb over anything if you stop the machine right on the object........The Kubota mechanic doesn't know what to do and the service manager just scratches his head...............Is this normal??????????? </p>

Rusty Anvil,,,</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Not answering for 07rhino,</p>

but...... these down here does that too, think they all will!!!! If you have a standard transmission in a pick-up truck, it would do the same thing.If you put the truck in a high gear, it will not hop the object either. That's just my two cents worth.... </p>

07 can give you a "in-depth" answer on this >>>></p>

........... two guns </p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
rule number 1 for climbing over obsticals hit them with one tire at a time now as for as that thing not climbing the ramp just use med/low but to me it should atleast move some going up the ramp .i know someone on another forum had a problem with thiers and the altitude was taking the power away i think they had a fuel mixture problem that had to be corrected and that solved it.</p>

doggman

Every once in a while my 900 does the same thing. Even backing off the throttle doesn't help. When I get time I'm going to do the 07rhino tune up tips. I think his "Preliminary Check" post might be part of the solution. Does your 1100 stall out mainly after it's been run for a while? </p>

The new swash plates are in your machine so it shouldn't be that, the only thing that I can think of at the moment, would be that you VHT spring has too much tension because of your park brake or foot brake and you are losing motor pressure.</p>

</p>

Another thing to check is, does it seem like it does it in reverse as well,.. Also when was the last time you changed your charge pump filter(suction filter) its the orange colored one. Reason I asked is I had a a brand new RTV900 with 45hrs on it that had a partially plugged filter and would only move in low/med with pedal almost pressed all the way.</p>

I will try it in reverse tomorrow morning.......</p>

Now the brake question....My emergency brake is at full capacity on three clicks...........My foot brakes are hard to push compared to my truck or car but they do stop the machine....It just seems that you have to stand on them to get them to work..........</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,,</p>

[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]</p>

I will try it in reverse tomorrow morning.......</p>

Now the brake question....My emergency brake is at full capacity on three clicks...........My foot brakes are hard to push compared to my truck or car but they do stop the machine....It just seems that you have to stand on them to get them to work..........</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,,</p>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Brakes are hard because they are not hyd or vaccumm assisted, they are manual.</p>

</p>

Your parking brake is set to tight if its engaged at 3 clicks.</p>

</p>

Doggman,</p>

It never stalls out, it runs real good.............The only other trouble I had was when it had its 50 hour maintenance it ran sluggish until I went down the road at full throttle and it chugged and sputtered and then it ran great.</p>

Rusty Anvil,</p>