RTV 900 High air intake

Mark.Sibole

Is there a difference in the filter housing size on the kit?
Why couldnt you use the original filter housing and just add the piping leading to it high on the rops cage?

DocGP

The kit I got from Kubota used the canister from the chasis, just moved to the back of the cab.

Doc

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
The 900 kit I got some years ago for my 2008 was a bigger filter and was mounted up high. Looks like a 1100 filter actually. But really no reason some pipe routed up doesn't work the same. I think they used the bigger filter because of the extra piping length from the roof to the intake manifold. Leaving the filter down low is still a good idea and just changing the inlet so it is up by the roof would work just as well. Looks tidy as well as can be seen in the link in the previous post.

Ricochet

Oh, and if you want a cheaper pre-filter like these;

http://www.tractorpartsinc.com/ford_tractor_air_pre_cleaner_1200_ctg.htm

because Kubota wants $181.00 for the kit version. I broke mine and had to replace it. Try your local Toro dealer. They have one for $48.00 here in Canada. USA would be less.

They are 2" model on my RTV1100.

BTW, the RTV1100 kit was redesigned to lower the pre-cleaner to prevent it from hitting objects i.e. this redesign brought it below the roofline. Also, there was a foam piece added to the plastic intake tube (sandwiched between the this plastic intake and the cab) to prevent it from vibrating i.e. making noise.

whatscookin

Gold Site Supporter
When i was making the racks i could of made them taller but i cut off the steel post there thinking that was enough, i have steep hills and would hate to roll her over, by the way that was oak and it didn't seem to bother it at all.

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Mark,
The 2" Donaldson Precleaner is part number 48-7430 from Toro. Fits right on an RTV1100 high intake kit if you break the original.

The Donaldson Top Spin is more.

Your choice if you want to go this route.

They, Donaldson, do make other sizes.

Mark.Sibole

Got my high rise air intake done today at a cost of 0.00. I had some extra parts laying around in the garage.
But if it were going to cost id guess about 25 bucks. As soon as it quits raining and I get unlazy ill shoot some pics to post.

Regards

Mark

Mark.Sibole

All done on the high rise intake.
I kept the filter in the stock position but removed the plastic housing that goes behind the seat .
I used an electrical junction box for 1 1/4 and installed it for the 90 and also will act to collect any moisture I may pick up.
I ran from there up with more 1.25 pipe just below the roof line and added the plastic intake that was behind the seat.
Ill Go grab some pics in a bit and post them for you to see.
Seems to work very good and didnt suck in any water while i was driving in some of the hardest rain ive ever seen.

Mark

Mark.Sibole

IMGP0541.jpg

IMGP0542.jpg

IMGP0543.jpg

IMGP0544.jpg

Mark.Sibole

The only thing I had to cut was a little off of the back guard next to the rops bar for the new pipe to fit close to the back cage. It was basically a 1 inch trim and was done in 30 seconds with a saws all and it dosnt effect a thing .

Mark