RTV Daily uses, What did you do today with your RTV?

ItBmine

I spent 8 hours on the JD tractor, bush hogging. Beautiful day. Sunny, high of 62, ultra low humidity. Only spent 15 minutes in the RTV, driving around, looking at everything I had bush hogged down. More seat time for the RTV, tomorrow. Tomorrows weather will be a repeat of todays. I got a date with my chainsaw and some more fence line tree branches. Maybe I can capture some pics tomorrow.

Fall weather is just starting to get here in the south. The temperatures are becoming very nice, the leaves are turning brown. The broom sedge is turning golden brown. Summer grasses are all dying and the fescues are coming in thick and dark green. I have an over-abundance of deer on my farm. There are 5 of them that pretty much stay in my backyard within 20 to 30 feet from the house from sun-up to sunset. Not sure what is so tasty about my back yard grass, except it is surround by dense woods on 3 sides.
They are actually calling for snow flurries here by Monday. I just had air conditioning on last two days and heat today?????
I don't have a farm, but have some property and I always have three deer that come visit. I leave hay and salt blocks out for them all year. I get mix of everything here, the deer, moose, wolves, coyotes, lynx's and lots of fox dens on my property.

My yard is like a wild life preserve.....they must know I'm not a hunter, LOL

What model Deere do you have?

Smilingreen

They are actually calling for snow flurries here by Monday. I just had air conditioning on last two days and heat today?????
I don't have a farm, but have some property and I always have three deer that come visit. I leave hay and salt blocks out for them all year. I get mix of everything here, the deer, moose, wolves, coyotes, lynx's and lots of fox dens on my property.

My yard is like a wild life preserve.....they must know I'm not a hunter, LOL

What model Deere do you have?
I have a 5055D. I bought it new in 2010. I only have a little over 700 hours on it. Bush Hogging racks up the most hours on it

Smilingreen

Just looked that model up. That looks like a nice tractor. There's something about 2WD open stations I like.
I am one of those that is a firm believer of: If I need FWD on a farm tractor, I am somewhere I don't need to be with it. Especially around where I live. Twenty years ago, I had a JD790. It had FWD. But it was so light, it actually needed it to get anything done with the FEL. As much as the 5055D with loader weighs, including filled rears, I have never been in a situation where I actually needed it. I have been stuck in mud before, but I just use the bucket and differential lock to walk my way out.

ItBmine

I hear you. I don't use my Allis or Ford in the winter, so no idea how they would be, but as for pulling box blades in summer no issue for traction.

My main work tractor on my property is my little Kubota B2620. It's always in 4WD but it's a light little tractor even with the loader and implements on. But it has served me well. I've built one mile of bush road with it, hauling 330 tonnes of gravel up my hills building that road, installed a new septic, etc.
Wish I had the Ford back then though, instead of that poor hydro trans in the little Kubota having to pull the box blade up those hills all day, LOL

FTG-05

I used my XG850 to carry my Northstar generator so I could use my demo hammer to drive some fence posts.

Putting the genset in the bed using my lift; the generator weighs around 175 lbs +/-.

xpXSbn5.jpg

On site and ready to pound another one in:

XUNIxmV.jpg

I use the ladder to stand on the bed so I can get the hammer on top of the fence post.

DyKXuFD.jpg

I made the fence post driver bit because no one made one that fits the 1 1/8" hex drive hammer I have:

Y4TD5tu.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Smilingreen

I used my XG850 to carry my Northstar generator so I could use my demo hammer to drive some fence posts.

Putting the genset in the bed using my lift; the generator weighs around 175 lbs +/-.

xpXSbn5.jpg

On site and ready to pound another one in:

XUNIxmV.jpg

I use the ladder to stand on the bed so I can get the hammer on top of the fence post.

DyKXuFD.jpg

I made the fence post driver bit because no one made one that fits the 1 1/8" hex drive hammer I have:

Y4TD5tu.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Ok, I am officially jealous. You got a hydraulic lift rack.......

ItBmine

Didn't do anything other than vacuumed and cleaned the interior. Maybe wash it tomorrow. But seeing as how the Kubota's have been feeling left out because I've only been using the Ford and Allis lately, figured I'd get some fall color pics with the Kubota's this time.

Attachments

• 20231022_162057 (Medium).jpg
    20231022_162057 (Medium).jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20231022_162356 (Medium).jpg
    20231022_162356 (Medium).jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 20

Smilingreen

Last weekend was a 30 mile ride on back roads, today was a 27 mile ride on the back roads. Trying to get my 50 hours on the hour meter so I can get the break-in fluid and filter change done before it gets cold outside. I am up to 41 hours now on my RTV X1100C. Both weekends were sunny, high in the upper 70's, perfect for viewing the fall color show. Had the windows down and working on my left arm suntan. Only had 1 cop pass me in the opposite direction and then turn around. After he saw my license plate on the back, he drove on by and waved.

ItBmine

Last weekend was a 30 mile ride on back roads, today was a 27 mile ride on the back roads. Trying to get my 50 hours on the hour meter so I can get the break-in fluid and filter change done before it gets cold outside. I am up to 41 hours now on my RTV X1100C. Both weekends were sunny, high in the upper 70's, perfect for viewing the fall color show. Had the windows down and working on my left arm suntan. Only had 1 cop pass me in the opposite direction and then turn around. After he saw my license plate on the back, he drove on by and waved.
Right on. Better than a day at work! Where I live the police don't bother us. I don't have a plate or even wear a helmet. I just have to have an SMV triangle, which I have on the back of the driver side headrest.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Right on. Better than a day at work! Where I live the police don't bother us. I don't have a plate or even wear a helmet. I just have to have an SMV triangle, which I have on the back of the driver side headrest.
Same here. Police don't bother us. I don't have the plate or wear a helmet.
I had been meaning to get the SMV triangle, so now I added it to my wish list for xmas. A cheap gift for one of the kids to get me. :D

Smilingreen

The police didn't pay much attention to us until a couple of years ago. There has been a bunch of thefts of razors and a few high speed chases in the area, so now they are looking much more closely at UTVs on the road. When the riffraff of california decides to move to another state, because they want to get away from crime, they have no idea their kids were the ringleaders of the crime. So the criminals have just relocated to a different state. We need to build a wall......

ItBmine

The police didn't pay much attention to us until a couple of years ago. There has been a bunch of thefts of razors and a few high speed chases in the area, so now they are looking much more closely at UTVs on the road. When the riffraff of california decides to move to another state, because they want to get away from crime, they have no idea their kids were the ringleaders of the crime. So the criminals have just relocated to a different state. We need to build a wall......
That's how it goes. Only takes a couple idiots to ruin it for everyone. Around here they are finally loosening up the rules for 2 wheel dirt bikes and atv's, but now you get those few that gotta go wide open down the road, throttle pinned with open race exhausts on them.
Then cry because the police bother them.

rleonard

My granddaughter and a couple of her friends have been visiting here for years. I taught them all to drive, starting on a golf cart, then my RTV900. A trip around the lake has always been on their to do list when they visit. They were out yesterday to see me since everyone is home from collage for Thanksgiving break, Of course they wanted to take the new 1100c for a trip around the lake. When they got back they said "It is everything that we always wanted" LOL. Hope that I still have working speakers!