RTV dashboard Replacement

Tzappia

My buddies used my RTV 900 today and completely broke the passenger side cup holder out of the dashboard. Where can I find dashboard replacements?

Tzappia

Darn! I don't think they make enough Duck Tape to repair what took place. It completely tore out a softball size hole in the dash along with the cup holder.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
My buddies used my RTV 900 today and completely broke the passenger side cup holder out of the dashboard. Where can I find dashboard replacements?

I'll bet your dealer can get one from Kubota but it won't be cheap. You could try to repair it with JB Weld if the pieces will fit back together unless it's polyproplyene. If they will, you can glue the crack and also reinforce the back side with metal strips roughened with a grinder.

It's probably ABS and that takes adhesives rather well.

A couple of pictures may give us a chance to help further.

Bob

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Let me check. I believe I still have mine from when I added my heater for the fab. Had to remove one cup holder for a vent.

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Oops, see you are actually looking for some new dash parts. Don't have any of thoese.

Good Luck

Mark.Sibole

worse case scenario his homeowners or auto insurance should cover it under liability.
The dash board isnt cheap my any means.I think it is gold plated in some areas and reflects on the cost.

KubotaYooper

worse case scenario his homeowners or auto insurance should cover it under liability.
The dash board isnt cheap my any means.I think it is gold plated in some areas and reflects on the cost.

My cousin had his polebarn burn down 2 years ago, the insurance would not cover the atv or his boat. They said they had their own motors and own titles and should of had their own insurance policies. But for some reason he had an old snowmobile and told them that was used just to get wood to heat the house and that ended up being covered under the homeowners insurance. I know my tractor is covered under my homeowner policy but that doesn't have a title. So if the rtv is used primarily for home maintenance and chores I can see the homeowners policy kicking in to cover it. As far as the auto policy I'm sure the deductible is greater than the piece is worth.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
I have a farm policy that covers listed additional equipment which includes the RTV, skid steer, backhoe and tractors etc. I listed each with a declared value so they are listed in the policy and renewals each year. It also covers them traveling to adjoining farms etc. with a 1mil. liability rider. It is cheaper to do it that way than to try to individually insure them. I never got a title or registered my RTV either. Maybe they do now?

Mark.Sibole

My cousin had his polebarn burn down 2 years ago, the insurance would not cover the atv or his boat. They said they had their own motors and own titles and should of had their own insurance policies. But for some reason he had an old snowmobile and told them that was used just to get wood to heat the house and that ended up being covered under the homeowners insurance. I know my tractor is covered under my homeowner policy but that doesn't have a title. So if the rtv is used primarily for home maintenance and chores I can see the homeowners policy kicking in to cover it. As far as the auto policy I'm sure the deductible is greater than the piece is worth.

If Thats the case I would find a new insurance company.They squirmed their way out of paying but never have a problem taking your money.I fight to the biter end.The old wives tale for a long time is if you go ice fishing and drive your vehicle on the lake the insurance is void>Thats total BS :bsflag2: They are by law obligated to pay.Most insurance companmies will do anything to avoid paying out a claim.You have to be presistant and demand or even threaten with a lawyer to make them actually do their job.
Thats why im with State Farm now.
I told allstate fo hump them selves when they tried to give me the run around.They finally paid the claim then i dumped them .

Mark.Sibole

It all depends on how persistant you are.As im medically retired i have nothing but time on my hands to call daily if not hourly to get them to get off their lazy worthless asses!

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
It all depends on how persistant you are.As im medically retired i have nothing but time on my hands to call daily if not hourly to get them to get off their lazy worthless asses!
Used that same tactic with the IRS the only time they ever audited me. I ended up paying taxes on trees I had sold but no penalty and interest. Told them since I was laid off I would appeal it all the way up the court system and how much would it cost them to get $1400 out of me.

Art454

If Thats the case I would find a new insurance company.They squirmed their way out of paying but never have a problem taking your money.I fight to the biter end.The old wives tale for a long time is if you go ice fishing and drive your vehicle on the lake the insurance is void>Thats total BS :bsflag2: They are by law obligated to pay.Most insurance companmies will do anything to avoid paying out a claim.You have to be presistant and demand or even threaten with a lawyer to make them actually do their job.
Thats why im with State Farm now.
I told allstate fo hump them selves when they tried to give me the run around.They finally paid the claim then i dumped them .

Mark do you no we have no bad faith laws here in Michigan......one of few that don't....insurance companies no this....so try and find a lawyer for something small as 10,000 0r 20,000....and give him 33 1/3. You won't find one.

Did not hit me till I re-read it....You have State Farm now?....They one of the worse ones in Michigan to have for ins.