RTV ~~ What weapon do you carry in your RTV ?

BCZOOM,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">If you take MRBASS up on his offer I would suggest that you take a steel cage with you or a portable tree stand to stay away from those boar hogs with the big tusks........LOL.........[:D]</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil,,,,</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]

BCZOOM,</p>
<p style="">If you take MRBASS up on his offer I would suggest that you take a steel cage with you or a portable tree stand to stay away from those boar hogs with the big tusks........LOL.........[:D]</p>
<p style="">Rusty Anvil,,,,</p>[/quote]
Damn, you're on to me already. After my years in the USMC (but I think mainly due to my getting old), I'm just not big on things that wanting to kill me anymore. You're right... I'd be in the trees, unless of course MRBASS makes a shark cage for me that fits in the back of his RTV where I can hang out.

Good job,,,,,I would be in that cage with you............My bones ache also..........</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]"></P>

Fetalpig

I've had some great times standing in the bed resting my Barret model 99 on the roof of my RTV. Bowling for piggies at 1.2k yards.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Fetalpig"]I've had some great times standing in the bed resting my Barret model 99 on the roof of my RTV. Bowling for piggies at 1.2k yards.[/quote]
OK, it's settled... I'm riding with you!!! When you shoot, will I be blown off the RTV or does the RTV tip over or ???

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Oh no bczoom,</P>

He's just going to reach down and hand you the Barret M-107 auto >>>>> they don't bump so bad >>>>>>> </P>

[:D]</P>

Fetalpig

It works great up there, I've had a spotter sitting in the driver seat restingarms on the steering wheel to steady his glasses. He reports that its not as noisy down there as it is up top. The beast is noisy as heck, I wear earplugs and earmuffs, but kicks less than most 12 gage loads in my rem 1100. It really is comfortable enough for a full day of "varminting". Mostly the varmits vacate after a shot or two, so I blast away at my steel targets.</P>

</P>

The best is shooting it prone in some ankle high grass or 2 month old oats. A person standing behind the shooter about 30yds gets an awesome visual as the shockwave from the muzzlebrake moves across the grass out from the shooter. As the wave comes up you see it coming for you and then wham you get hit with it.Really thumps the chest and if your a lil closer or the person doing the shooting on the ground, it leaves you with a light sting on the face/sinuses like you get from someone slapping your face (lightly).</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Your so right about the recoil, it'snothing all >>>> many people take a look at the cartridge, and then take a peek at the weapon, and you think they are going to pass-out when you ask 'em , " Ya'll want to take a shot " ~~~~~ </P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT size=4> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT size=4>~~~~ Two Guns~~~~</FONT> </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

Since you guys are talking about weapons, I want to tell a story like Two Guns does.........I was going to college in Florida and working at Sears.......I man comes in and wants to sell a shotgun and buy something else..........The policy at that time was no used guns, so I asked to look at it and he showed me a Parker double barrell twist steel 12 guage. It turns out this shotgun was once owned by a Marshall Frye out of Missouri. This man was a relative....So I offered him 50 dollars and he took it...........This was back in 1969......That same year I also picked up a French Naval Muzzle loading percussion pistol stamped 1870...Had it loooked at and it is authentic...Anyone else have some good storys.....................</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil..</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
What I would really like tell later, that would make their eyeballs pop out , is a story labeled : </P>

<FONT face=Arial color=#ff0000 size=4>TWO GUNS BUYS RUSTY ANVIL'S PARKER SHOTGUN >>>>>></FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial color=#ff0000 size=4> </FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000000>That way, we can change my call name to :</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT color=#0000ff>TWO GUNS WITH TWO BARRELS</FONT></FONT></P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=5><FONT face="Times New Roman"></FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000>Two Guns w/ one Barrel</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

ajdillon

All this talk about bustin' hogs reminded me of a picture someone sent me a while back. It's not an RTV but I'll bet we could rig an RTV up like this.</P>

Andrew</P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]Anyone else have some good storys.........[/quote]
It's not my best story but it's recent and is related to the others about gun acquisitions.

I found this guy having a moving sale. He has a house here and another in FL, both fully furnished. He was selling the house in PA and all its contents.

I got lots of incredible deals but here's the gun related one.

Before I say the price, tell me what you think it's worth.

Snap-on 8-gun locker.

About 50 rounds of .300 win mag

About 20 rounds of 7mm

About 100 rounds of 12 gauge

About 1000 rounds of .22

About 3 gun cleaning kits.

Misc other gun accessories.

The following guns (as pictured top to bottom)

Mossberg 500A with 28" barrel (new)

Western Auto "Revelation" bolt action 12 gauge (Which is and was made by Mossberg as their model 395K)

Squires Bingham Model 14 .22 (don't know anything about this one)

<span class="highlight">Hamilton</span> Model 15 .22 (circa 1902-1910)

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Brian,</P>

Tell us the rest of the story >>>>> I don't have a clue !!! But, I a thinking ~~~~</P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT size=4> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT size=4>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~</FONT> </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="TWO GUNS"]Tell us the rest of the story[/quote]
As the story goes...
A friend of mine was at the farm show looking at the Kubota G-series tractors since he needs a new mower.
The next morning, he e-mailed me about them but was choking on their $9K price tag.
For some reason I hopped on Craigslist and there was a loaded one in perfect condition for $3500. I sent my friend the link and he immediately called the guy. My friend (Tom) calls me back and tells me that the seller only put it on Craigslist an hour ago and Tom was the 6th caller and 4th person who wants to come look at it. Tom knew the tractor wouldn't last the day and couldn't get out of work so he asked me if there's any way I could go look at it. I told him sure. I called, got directions, grabbed a trailer, stopped at bank for cash and met the seller at 11:00. I kicked the tires and paid the main.

Well, the seller (Frank) told me that everything is going and asked if there was anything I may be interested in. I looked around and pointed out some stuff. He said OK and got my e-mail address. He wouldn't sell to me on the spot as he needed to think about pricing.

So, I then start getting e-mails from Frank with a list of items and their prices.
Here's <u>some</u> of the things that I got from him:
- Big Tex 5x10' utility trailer that has 100 miles on it. $350. They're about $1700 new.
-
He gave me (2) 5-gallon fuel cans full of diesel. FREE
-
A Craftsman 22" weed trimmer. Like new. $80
- 12v Porter Cable cordless drill with 2 batteries, charger and flashlight. FREE
- 300' of trickle hose FREE
- Outdoor table and 6 chairs. All heavy gauge
steel with mesh table top and seats. Seats have coils that allow
rocking (and they're very comfortable). With umbrella. $125 for all.
- A pile of 2x4" to 2x12" boards and a bunch of 1x12" wood. Enough to fill my 6x12' trailer. $30 for all.
- 32" Toshiba TV, VHS/DVD player, stand... All new. $165.
- 32" Magnavox TV, VHS/DVD player, stand... All new. $135.
- 2 milk crates filled with spray paint, spray glue... $5.
- A HUGE box of extention cords, 24-hour timers... $10.
- Shumaker battery charger/starter (new) $20.
- OK, if you read this far, you deserve the answer. All those guns and "stuff" was $250.

XTROOPER

Gun

I realize you posted this originallly in 2007, but just saw it. I carry a Savage .22 over 20 gauge campers special in my RTV 1100. I have a single rifle mount connected to the head rest. It is a great gun to have with me. I have .22 rounds and 20 gauge bird shot and slugs with me.

:14_6_12:

Kerry

single six pistol

I keep a stainless steel .22 mag convertible single six pistol in it at all times with the mag cylinder in it. I have gotten damn good at hitting armadillos with it. I just put the holster around the bar behind the seat back. When the cougar was hanging around here I also kept a .38 stainless steel in it.

Stainless can get wet and not get hurt.

pappy19

During hunting season here in Idaho, I have a Tompson-Center stainless Encore. Deer season is first and I use the .243 or 7mm-08 barrel, then elk and I switch to the 30-06, then wolf (except for this year when the feds shut it down) season with my 22-250 barrel. The TC Encore is the best thing since sliced bread IMHO. In the summer I just pack a .22 pistol or if I'm going into the woods I pack my S&W .357 Performance Center #627, 8 shot tack driver. Inside the 900, I have a rifle holder that installs with wing-nuts on the floor that holds 2 rifles. Next time I get it out, I'll post some pics.

Pap

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i don't hunt but i do go target shooting. i so have a ccw and pack a .45 on my side at all times but when i go target shooting i get a few blankets and just loada row of guns then put a blanket and then another row and so on till i have them all . i do have a 2 gun gunrack that mounts to my rops and i sometimes carry a carbine up there.

logfarmer

Hi,
I installed the big sky rack at Two Guns recomendation like on the old list of accesories for your RTV and I carry a bubufied Swedish Mauser 6.5 x 55 with a shortened barell and Redfield peep sight, in case of bears,cyotes, or the like.
Martin