RTV WISH LIST

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Keifer"]However, after someconsideration and a couple of brewskees</p>

Thoughts?[/quote]</p>

Yep. You posted before noon. Lay off the brewskis until a little later in the day. BTW, the "brews<span style="text-decoration: underline;">kees</span> spelling is for our Canadian members.</p>

Kidding aside, there's several approaches. I'd propose for now, we just let this list continue for a few more weeks. Once we have the laundry list of suggestions, we can determine the best presentation method.</p>

</p>

</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="bczoom"]Yep. You posted before noon. Lay off the brewskis until a little later in the day.[/quote] </p>

Man you never did any serious drinking,did you? The morning is the best time of day for a GOOD drinking session! Having worked third shift for 17 years back when I was still drinking I can tell you folks left you alone to enjoy your beer a lot better in the morning. Used to have the cooler prepped behind the seat in my old suburban and go groundhog hunting and beer drinking while waiting for the Orioles to play in the afternoon. Too old for that now!</p>

[quote user="Keifer"] </p>

The downturn of the ecomomy is affecting companies worldwide.Kubota mightwelcome suggestions from end-users on how to improve their bottom line.</p>

Thoughts?</p>

[/quote]</p>

IMHO any company that fails to listen to the opinions of the users of it products is in the very least not maximizing its product penetration in its market segmentand at the worst doomed to failure. I doubt Kubota will be failing any time soon.</p>

In my opinion the feed back they get is from the dealer..after all the dealer is the day to day face of Kubota in a customers eyes. I also feel that the feed back from the dealer is primarily to increase sales (aka profit), not necessarily please a customer who won't be back for 5 years. I know this is not always the case and some dealers have got their act together. </p>

In my case, the dealer I deal with does the bulk of his business with both a municipal gov't and a federal gov't . A lot of lawn care, park maintenance, winter street and side walk snow removal etc. This type of customer typically goes to tender and takes the best price from a list of qualified bidders. The operators of this equipment will seldom be interested in submitting ideas on improvements. If it breaks in his opinion, who cares. If he complains to his boss, he doesn't care either as his bosses boss is happy because he's come in on budget (never under 'cause that would mean less $ come next fiscal year). As a consequence the dealer doesn't get the feedback and when the single purchaser advises him of a problem his response is " strange I sold 200 of those in the last 2 years and you're the only one who's had that problem." . Now if all those machines had been in private hands and 50% had the problem, you better believe the dealer would know and so would the manufacturer.</p>

My point...I think it is vital to a products success for a manufacturer to be aware of and take seriously the opinions of private owners and users. They are the source of information that would otherwise never get to them. In some case our expectations may be too high, or we may be looking at things through rose colored glases (or more likely ' mud spattered'), but owner/user groups can be a serious source of product improvement data. </p>

If Kubota knows of our existance, cares about our opinions and takes our suggestions into consideration, I'll be happy. The means we use to let them know that we are here deserves some thoughful consideration.</p>

Onfoot

[quote user="TWO GUNS"]</p>

very well spokenKanook >>>>
I agree very much !!!!
</p>

>......... two guns </p>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Likewise. Could not agree more.</p>

rrroae

</p>

</p>

I've had my 1140 for a little bit now and have been extremely pleased with all the new upgrades. The one suggestion that would make me trade in my tank on a new version would be a separate rear pedal. The new transmissions are definately better but in reality, there's still a lot to be desired when shifting into reverse.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

rrroae

Some additional features I'd like to see on the RTV would be a standard locking glove box. Really could use it. Also would like to see an additional 3-4 HP on the 1100 or 1140. The new models have more get-go but could use just a bit more for hill climbing. Kubato really needs to do something about their rear bed liner for the 1140. It's a piece of junk and forget about installing the whole liner if you expect to go from 2 seater to 4 seater. Had mine installed by dealer and they were even scratching their heads.</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Good to see so many thoughtful ideas and additions to the "wish List" for the RTV's. Even if you are also having 90 + weather in your neck of the woods and enjoying a "brewskee" or a "brewski", or maybe a lemonaid (bc) lol,keep those ideascoming.Tommy and I want our new RTV's to be almost perfect.</p>

Hey, just thought of another idea.......... a built-in ice chest and beverage holders all around. lol</p>

Keifer, a RTV wannabe</p>

Roll down or slide down window in the 1100 door both sides</p>

2 inch receiver instead of 1 1/2 receiver</p>

Lower the roof line on the 1100 (I am just lucky that I have a 9 ft door)</p>

rgm

</p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><o:p><span style="font-size: small;"></span></o:p></span></p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">We haven’t had any additions here in awhile so I thought I’d ‘bump’ the thread. I also consolidated the ideas into a list for easier reading. I also did a little editing and translated the Cajun into English.<o:p></o:p></span></span></p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><o:p><span style="font-size: small;"></span></o:p></span></p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Neil – As a Kubota Dealer, can you offer us any suggestions about how to present this to Kubota? I guess the first question should be – do you think Kubota would even be interested in hearing from us?<o:p></o:p></span></span></p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Rich<o:p></o:p></span></span></p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial;"><o:p><span style="text-decoration: none;"></span></o:p></span></span>[/b]</p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial;">Cabin Layout and Function<o:p></o:p></span></span>[/b]</p>

1. <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold; mso-bidi-font-style: italic;"><span style="font-size: small;">Better KeyPlacement - Currently it’s too easy to bump it with a knee & shut off engine. <o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold; mso-bidi-font-style: italic;"><span style="font-size: small;">Horn button in easier access location<o:p></o:p></span></span>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt 1in; text-indent: -0.75in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="color: #666666; font-style: normal; font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold; mso-fareast-font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-style: italic;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: small;">3.</span><span style="font: 7pt 'Times New Roman';"> </span></span></span><span style="color: #666666; font-style: normal; font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold; mso-bidi-font-style: italic;"><span style="font-size: small;">Interior Cab Light <o:p></o:p></span></span></p>

1. <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold; mso-bidi-font-style: italic;"><span style="font-size: small;">Gauges with numbers on them and don’t fog up when the machine gets wet<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold; mso-bidi-font-style: italic;"><span style="font-size: small;">Close up dust-drawing holes in rear of cab that suck dust and dirt inside the cab<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Transmission Braking - Install adjustment or selector. Some users like current design, some users don’t like the severe engine/transmission braking when the accelerator is released.<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Vehicle Height - Decrease the height of the ROPs slightly to allow entry of standard garage door opening.<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Floor Mat – Something like Dura-Liner instead of lay-in rubber, it collects water and stones<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Seat design – <o:p></o:p></span></span>

1. <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Softer<o:p></o:p></span></span>
      <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">More weatherproof construction<o:p></o:p></span></span>
      <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Middle seatbelt<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">For the 1100<o:p></o:p></span></span>

1. <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Roll down or slide down window in both doors.<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">For the RTV 500<o:p></o:p></span></span>

1. <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Emergency brake - It protrudes and gets snagged on clothing<o:p></o:p></span></span>
      <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: windowtext; font-family: Arial;">Idiot lights – Label lights so user can identify the issue</span><span style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial;"><o:p></o:p></span></span>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial;">Functional Operability / Design<o:p></o:p></span></span>[/b]</p>

1. <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Hydraulic dump control – Add interlock to prevent operation if dump is already down. Several users have had the hydraulic oil tank melt from overheating.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span><o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Backup lights that are visible through the rear guard<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">2WD / 4WD selector seldom operates smoothly<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Engine and transmission block heater<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Towing Receiver – Make it a 2”<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Hydraulic Oil Reservoir – Better protection <o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Wheel hubs – Studs instead of threaded holes<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Optional turbo package for engine<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: windowtext; font-family: Arial;">Forward / Reverse lever <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"></span>- (or pedal) separate from gear range Reverse is often not a low enough gear</span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: windowtext; font-family: Arial;">Vent tubes on front diff and knuckles so water does not get in </span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">1100 or 1140 – An additional 3-4 HP<o:p></o:p></span></span>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial;">Maintainability<o:p></o:p></span></span>[/b]</p>

1. <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Engine Oil dipstick – move location so that the engine doesn’t have to be started to raise the bed on models with hydraulic dump<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Factory installed High Rise Air Intake system<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Fuel cap – use one that doesn’t require a strap wrench to remove<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Driveshaft U-Joints that can be greased<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Reservoirs – Different color caps for coolant and power steering tanks<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Fuel – <o:p></o:p></span></span>

1. <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Easier access to filter <o:p></o:p></span></span>
      <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Add a fuel shutoff<o:p></o:p></span></span>
      <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.0in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Add a water separator<o:p></o:p></span></span>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="color: black; font-family: Arial;"><o:p><span style="font-size: small;"></span></o:p></span></p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial;">Options that should be standard equipment<o:p></o:p></span></span>[/b]</p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial;"><o:p><span style="text-decoration: none;"></span></o:p></span></span>[/b]</p>

1. <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold; mso-bidi-font-style: italic;"><span style="font-size: small;">Utility trays under hood<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold; mso-bidi-font-style: italic;"><span style="font-size: small;">Cab roof<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Mirrors as standard equipment<o:p></o:p></span></span>
    <li style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; color: #666666; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-style: normal; font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold; mso-bidi-font-style: italic;"><o:p><span style="font-size: small;"></span></o:p></span>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial;"><o:p></o:p></span></p>

</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="rgm"]<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: small;">Neil – As a Kubota Dealer, can you offer us any suggestions about how to present this to Kubota? I guess the first question should be – do you think Kubota would even be interested in hearing from us?</span></span>[/quote]</p>

Rich,</p>

Thanks for consolidating (and translating that cajun stuff).</p>

I'll take care of getting this information to the RTV Project Manager at Kubota.</p>

Brian</p>

</p>

</p>

Onfoot

Hats off to you, Rich! A really helpful list. And thanks also to Zoom for getting the information to appropriate parties! And thanks to everyone who has helped develop what should be a very helpful laundry list for Kubota. Would be nice to get a reply from them...</p>

Great list Rich. I hope our designers and engineers at Kubota are smart enough to know; that know one is as knowledgeable of the ins and outs and all the needs of a machine, as is the operator that runs it all day long.</p>

zenchal26

<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;">How bout a cover over the alternator so when your loading the bed with dirt and it spills over the front of the bed it wont get into it.<o:p></o:p></span></p>