RTV-X1100C Speaker Replacement

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I like 3M WorkMates. No one else has to hear My Music….and I don’t have to listen to theirs!
Saves the hearing. Bluetooth is available also.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
IMG_20210727_194948382_MP.jpgIMG_20210727_193840618_HDR.jpg I took the side of the headliner off by removing the 4 plastic fasteners. It's just a little 4" speaker. You can easily replace them using a small stubby Phillips head screwdriver, without removing the whole thing. Maybe going to Amazon and searching for something super good. Or maybe figuring out a way of going up a size and cut the liner and trim it with a proper speaker grill for protection and better sound.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks bott fett I was just in mine looking at those same 4 bolts and thinking of giving it a shot. The speakers were plenty loud enough to start with until they blew. I think my son in law cranked it up a bit to much. If I can find some 4" that will handle 20 W or so I think I'd be good. I just have a basic radio in it and I 'think' they only put out 8W per channel.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I went looking already at Amazon ...first think I found looks like it might work and is inexpensive IMHO.

Kubota4inchSpeakersReplacement.JPG

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
That speaker looks awesome! The specs are great: 90W RMS AND 180W PEAK I think it has your 20w pretty well covered. And for that price you can hand em out as parting gifts. Reviews look good too!

My only concern is stuffing that big magnet in the mount. Next time I'll pull out a speaker and see if I can get a measurement to compare.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I agree. I took the chance and went ahead and ordered them. I can return them if they don't work out. Will post here either way.

:ROFLMAO: yeah my guesstimate of 20w seems Ludacris now. :bonk:

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I did this on an rtv1100 several years ago When speaker started rattling. Worked very well. I didn’t do it on the x1100 that I have now. If speakers go bad I would do again.

Attachments

• 010F1136-463C-46EA-BF66-99745F28201E.png
    010F1136-463C-46EA-BF66-99745F28201E.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 35

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
I did this on an rtv1100 several years ago When speaker started rattling. Worked very well. I didn’t do it on the x1100 that I have now. If speakers go bad I would do again.
Nice job and very professional looking, I'll bet they sound great too!

brandonian85

Did it require any type of spacers or do you just cut a hole headliner and mount? How much better was the sound quality?

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
had to do some light trimming behind headliner to fit speakers. Don’t remember any spacers, it’s been 6 years. Sound quality was much better. Used Memphis audio if I remember correctl.