RTV X1100C with snowblower

Westfield

Kubota X 1100 C can you take the floor mat out of machine without damaging it? I would like to clean underneath that once in awhile to keep it from rusting.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Kubota X 1100 C can you take the floor mat out of machine without damaging it? I would like to clean underneath that once in awhile to keep it from rusting

westfield. since you are looking to rustproof your rtv. look into getting some fluid film with a snorkle so you can run it up into your cab frame from underneath. the frame is tubular and some have had rust issues. i used a snorkle i purchased from fluid film and accessed the two small drain holes under the door frames. i could reach almost all the way to the top of each frame and treat internally.

Westfield

westfield. since you are looking to rustproof your rtv. look into getting some fluid film with a snorkle so you can run it up into your cab frame from underneath. the frame is tubular and some have had rust issues. i used a snorkle i purchased from fluid film and accessed the two small drain holes under the door frames. i could reach almost all the way to the top of each frame and treat internally.
Thanks aurthuritis I will take a look at this and do a little research. First I have to see if this old body can crawl underneath my machine.:Tip-Hat2:

Westfield

Well yesterday I did a little snow blowing practice. It is definitely going to take a little time before I become proficient with the controls. What I do not like when the snow blower is in the up position when you go to lower it, the snowblower slams to the ground. You would think there would be some type of a flow control in there to slowly lower that piece of equipment. Remembering to put the float control on will be another thing to get used to. I found out the snow blower shoots dirt out as good as it does snow when I forgot put on the float control it dug my sod up very well. Another thing I have to get used to it is such a powerful piece of Machinery I have to keep my eyes everywhere because if you hit something by the time you feel it it will damage your machine. All in all this is going to be a fun piece of equipment to clean up my driveway with. I will review this some more once I get a decent amount of snow.

Kingfisher

Forgive me if this has been posted already. I am new to this site and I would like to know how everybody likes the snowblower attachment.
Just bought the RTV x1100c with a snowblower. I am curious is yours is loud at low rpms? It sounds like a lot of rattling until the rpms are turned up. Thanks

Kingfisher

Thanks, the dealer says it’s normal and it does sound better at higher rpms. Almost sounds like the k connect isn’t engaged fully at lower engin speeds.

Westfield

Thanks, the dealer says it’s normal and it does sound better at higher rpms. Almost sounds like the k connect isn’t engaged fully at lower engin speeds.
I can't recall where but I read something before I actually bought my Kubota that if the dealership mechanic does not take the time to align all the components properly for the drive shaft you will get a lot of chatter. Just like your car drive shaft if it is out of alignment or balancing your car will shake all over the place. I think you will be fine though because it runs smoothly at higher RPM. I will get back to you later with what I hear on my machine.

Westfield

Kingfisher I went out this morning warmed it up and turn the snow blower on everything is smooth and quiet. The only time I hear a rattling sound is when I have the snow blower all the way up. It is almost a grinding sound. As soon as I drop it down a little everything is quiet again. So long story short the only time I hear the sound of a grinding or rattling is when I have the snow blower all the way up and on.

Westfield

You might want to build one of these carts it makes it so much easier to put the snowblower on the machine

Attachments

• 20200312_181144.jpg
    20200312_181144.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 20200312_180620.jpg
    20200312_180620.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20200314_142831.jpg
    20200314_142831.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8

Westfield

Tested mine for the first time yesterday... went pretty well!
I wish I had that much snow to plow. I have a question for you when you lower the snowblower does it lower slowly or does it slam to the ground? On mine when you press the button to bring it down it comes down quick not a nice smooth motion. I'm just wondering if this is normal or not.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
you can solve the quick down problem by taking the quick connector off of the hose that controls the down side of the cylinder and putting a small orifice in then put the connector back on.

Westfield

you can solve the quick down problem by taking the quick connector off of the hose that controls the down side of the cylinder and putting a small orifice in then put the connector back on.
Do you mean the male connector needs to be swapped out with one with a smaller orifice? Or do I somehow modify the female connector? How do I make the orifice orphis smaller could you please explain it a little more detail. You would think they would have some kind of flow control like they do for pneumatics. Is this normal operation for hydraulics because if it is not normal operation I will take it back to the dealer it is still under warranty?

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
no. you can buy a small SS disck that has a tiny orifice in it. you take off the tip on the return line slip in the disc and then replace the tip.