Side mirrors with tempered windshield

TechJunkie

So I have been lurking as of late as my X1140 has been working great so not much to post. One issue I am having is backing this beast up with a trailer attached. I have backed up trailers since I was young and always with side mirrors. I have the factory tempered glass windshield and the metal on the sides of the windshield wrap around the front roll bars. I am not sure standard 2" side mirror kits will work. Anyone have the tempered glass windshield on an X-Series with side mirrors? Any input welcome including side mirror recommendations if they will work!

pioneer

So I have been lurking as of late as my X1140 has been working great so not much to post. One issue I am having is backing this beast up with a trailer attached. I have backed up trailers since I was young and always with side mirrors. I have the factory tempered glass windshield and the metal on the sides of the windshield wrap around the front roll bars. I am not sure standard 2" side mirror kits will work. Anyone have the tempered glass windshield on an X-Series with side mirrors? Any input welcome including side mirror recommendations if they will work!
Here are the side mirrors I used with the tempered windshield - https://www.ebay.com/itm/3332226588...ferA81iR5y&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=MORE

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220614-143211_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220614-143211_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19

TechJunkie

pioneer

As you noted, they dont stick out very far but they should work fine for backing a trailer. You might have to lean a little each way to see the back of the trailer when it is straight behind you. They will adjust out so far that you no longer see the rear of the machine in the field of view and far enough in that all you see is the machine so plenty of adjustment without hitting windshield frame. I drove an rtv900 the other day at our Wildlife club and went to back it out of the shop and realized how nice it is to have those mirrors.

In case you are interested, here is the rearview mirror I went with and it works well too -
Check this out on Amazon
16.5" Extra Wide Panoramic Rear View Mirror Fits Kubota RTV 900 https://a.co/d/7AtnhJk

TechJunkie

As you noted, they dont stick out very far but they should work fine for backing a trailer. You might have to lean a little each way to see the back of the trailer when it is straight behind you. They will adjust out so far that you no longer see the rear of the machine in the field of view and far enough in that all you see is the machine so plenty of adjustment without hitting windshield frame. I drove an rtv900 the other day at our Wildlife club and went to back it out of the shop and realized how nice it is to have those mirrors.

In case you are interested, here is the rearview mirror I went with and it works well too -
Check this out on Amazon
16.5" Extra Wide Panoramic Rear View Mirror Fits Kubota RTV 900 https://a.co/d/7AtnhJk
Thank you pioneer! I will check out the links!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have even smaller side mirrors that came on my x1100c. They work great for backing my trailers. I had similar mirrors from amazon on my 09 1140, and they also worked well for backing my trailers. I sold the 1140 before getting the x1100c.