SMOG test for RTV!??!?

vintovka

Went into the local CALIFORNIA DMV today to pay my extortion fees for my 2005 Dodge Ram Diesel. They took my money then said "NO TAGS for you!!" until you get your smog cert. WTF i said. Pay up or no tags for you. New Rules to save the environment starting this year. And, they added, Theres new laws for diesel equipment of any kind offroad or not. Said thats not right, They said its the LAW!!. You don't want to hear what i said next.
Don't like this at all.

vintovka

Seems like whatever passes here in CA first spreads like rot to all the states. Be warned. I'm one of the first professional environmental engineers and I say its time they s--t can most all of the environmental laws. They have served no purpose except to generate revenue and increase the population. The latter is more of an threat than any toxin.

Art454

Were are loosing more of our rights every day.
What happens in CA. is only a few years behind for the rest of us.

Anybody notice since OBAMA been in office parts have gone threw the roof?
They want you to buy new not fix anything no more.
A friend of mine had his headlight switch go bad in his car.....no auto parts had one or could get one for his car.....guess how much?.....450.00....from dealer....he said am not gona pay that for a 8 year old car....so we found the right wires and put a 5.00 toggle switch in it.
I said we need another to make the high beams work and he said F it.
Been working fine since.
Try and find a repair manual from auto parts for anything newer than 2008....u can't.
Before long they gona charge you to take a breath of fresh air.
In 10 years you be lucky to find a auto parts store anymore.

Art

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Awful, :cuss::cuss:. "It" will be everywhere soon though. Here, "they" now have a burn ban- no its a smoke ban.. You are suppose to get a permit to burn bout anything and it 's nothing to do with a drought. Soon they will be after the fireplaces. Two Guns has it right. This is evolving like a sneak thief in the night- . What are/can you do Vintovka? :( bordercollie

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Awful, :cuss::cuss:. "It" will be everywhere soon though. Here, "they" now have a burn ban- no its a smoke ban.. You are suppose to get a permit to burn bout anything and it 's nothing to do with a drought. Soon they will be after the fireplaces. Two Guns has it right. This is evolving like a sneak thief in the night- . What are/can you do Vintovka? :( bordercollie
You know it is bad when you have EPA regulating woodstoves and outside boilers. Around here you need to watch all the crazy rules for them or some fool will suffer lead poisoning coming to tell me when I can burn mine!:2gunsfiring_v1:All of my diesel stuff is so old it would never meet their rules either. They would have a fit about my old detroit in my dump truck!:clap:

20/20

Art454, been like that way before Obama.

On the topic of Cali being nutz, don't worry what happens in Cali doesn't just stay in Cali. It will spread, they've allready been talking about it up here and in TX if I'm not mistakin.

vintovka

Too late

Prior to lighting a fire here in CA you must call the air boards number to see if its a burn day. The recorded message starts with a threat and ends with a threat. Neighbor burned some leaves on a "no burn day" and got a $2000 fine which was later lowered to $1500.

Fireplace burning is already against the law in Sacramento County on non burn days. You are required to report your neighbor.

In addition rural property owners must start to pay a new fee of $150 per building for fire protection we already have.

I see no choice but to leave and relocate to another, friendlier state then die before CA rules arrive. Most all my friends have already done so.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
the thing that is maing it bad for us deisel users is them punk butt little kids running around with them upgrades to their trucks thinking it's fun to pour black smoke out at people. one day they will learn how stupid they was. i even done heard some of them disconnect their turbos just to get it to puff out that black smoke.

vintovka

They also regulate how much air pressure you can have in your tires!! They deflated mine because they said they had too. Time to "just say no" to government.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
They also regulate how much air pressure you can have in your tires!! They deflated mine because they said they had too. Time to "just say no" to government.
- Are you serious? Surely you are pulling my leg...:hide: How did things get so out of hand? Oh ,wait I know, the same way it is slowwwly starting every where else and then pow your freedoms are gone like a thief in the night. bordercollie

vintovka

- Are you serious? Surely you are pulling my leg...:hide: How did things get so out of hand? Oh ,wait I know, the same way it is slowwwly starting every where else and then pow your freedoms are gone like a thief in the night. bordercollie

Wish I was kidding, I am not!.. At DMV several folks were also surprised to find they needed a smog cert prior to getting tags. One threw a verbal fit and left saying F CA!!

You should see folks react to $90 fee for smogging with the "cert" form. Watched the entire 10 minute smogging process which consists of a visual inspection AND letting the air out of your tires. $90!!!!!!!!!!!!! . DMV says CA wants to make this an annual fee along with new offroad registration laws. No wonder AAA started charging $4 to process each registration, They don't want the flack over this. These are the results of a near 100% government occupancy by democrats

REMEMBER NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They even think about letting air out of mine, me and my pocket knife are going to have a field day doing reciprocal actions in the employee parking lot.

What a frigging disgusting bunch. Hey GOVERNMENT!!! SEE ME!!! I'M SAYING F-YOU! You're a bunch of out-of-control criminals. I'll do my best to make sure you're all unemployed, without benefits.

vintovka

California is in deep economic trouble and is advertising 24-7 how wonderful it is here. Its a lie. You just can't afford it. Diesel is a few cents off $5, food is costly (.90# for potatoes) and the only thing thats cheap are foreclosed houses. How about $4 propane and $.63/kwh? Even wallyworld is rapidly climbing out of reach with folks buying just necessities and no more. Wanna build a house? $150k for the land and $175K for just the permit. You can see the tension in folks eyes and hear it in banks and gov offices. They actually raided a historic bar/grill here for tax issues and were enforced by the state police. This is a nightmare with mostly nice weather. Trying to leave while I can.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OMG! It's worse then I thought in CA.

I'd have bugged out a long time ago. I used to live in NY. Left there for similar reasons. Unfortunately, PA feels like it wants to play in that game. Might be leaving here as well but it's not even close to what NY or CA has.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
man they would have a fit when we burn the canefields and marsh every year.lmao. the smoke is so thick sometimes you have to pull over to let it clear enough to drive on.