sparticus

Bucks_071

Anyone ran the gbc sparticus tires or know of someone who has? I like the looks of them but not sure how they would be in the mud. Maybe a good all around tire?

DIXIEDOG

I don't know anyone that has had them but they are a nice looking tread design. What size are you thinking of going with?

Bucks_071

Will most likely do the front lift and try 26's. I love the looks of the sparticus and the bighorns but am scared they just wont get the job done in the mud. I hit some nasty muddy hills in the spring rains when mushroom season hits. The 44 Mag's just barely do a good enough job but cant justify replacing them at 100 hours cause they still look new. I ride about 50/50 offroad and on road so cant go to aggressive but gotta be able to dig too.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
One of the #1 things to look for in a mud tire is that they are made to clean
themselves. And by the looks of this tire, it should be a tough tire, for it is a 8ply, and you know it's a radial tire. So that should also be a plus on the thorn situation.

Only from my reading, and taking a peek at that tire. IF your plans are to go
mud AND road, this might be something to look at. By the looks of things, this tire going to be about just as good OEM Kubota ATV tire, maybe just a little better, but would not expect to much more. But again, as you stated,
You are going to be putting it on the road some, so, it is what it is. A good
off / on road tire. This would be the tires I would like to get for my summer tires when I got to replace my OEM ATV's.
Only 26 inchers >>>>>>>>>>>>

If your plans were NOT to set your machine on the road, I would suggest
a more aggresive tire, something that for sure will throw you out of the mud.

Attachments

• Gator Crossing.jpg
    Gator Crossing.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 74

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Twoguns arnt you running bighorns? Seams I read that but maybe not. If so how they do?

No Sir,
Running ITP 589's
27" >>>>>
But don't 27 inches, Get 26" >>>>>>>

26 inchers will go and do everything that 27's will do, trust me.

After shocks and all setting down, turn to hard one way to the left, and
in a ditch, the barely rubb a little, not much, but they do.
Didn't do it at first, but as time went, the shocks settle & soften up a little ..

NOw these are some aggressive tires. They have NEVER let me down in the
swamps. And they do pull their Axx off !!!! They don't spin, they digg !!!!
These are some serious mud tires.... and they clean themselves out super.
These never see the blacktop, only dirt and mud. And they still look new.

Attachments

• A 589.jpg
    A 589.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 74

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I run the Bighorns. Never had a problem with traction but don't go into deep mud much. They also run very nicely on hard surfaces.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
when i was lookin at a mud tire for my rhino i checked into them because the dealer by my house had a set in the show room. when i seen them i was really impressed looking at them in person and seeing a picture of them are two diferent things . these tires are massive with nuthing but traction written all over them. the only thing that turned me away was the weight they are really heavy and when mud riding you have to keep tire wieght in mind because if a tire weighs 30lbs clean and dry just think what it's gonna weigh caked with mud. i had 589's on my gator and that thing would throw soccer ball sized chunks of mud off when going fast it acually cracked one fender with a chunk of mud . the 589's are heavy but not as heavy as the sparticus tires. for the price and longest lasting tires for the mud i would go with the 589's they have a stiffer rubber compound and will outlast and out perform the sparticus tires .when i looked at them i could bend the thread over at the ends the rubber is very soft and to me soft rubber is bad and good good in the mud but bad for dry ground. i went with outlaws for the mud and mud lites for everyday riding. but if i had the cash i think i would get the 589's for everyday and mud riding and use the outlaws for the really bad stuff. save some money and get the 26" 589's you won't regret it.