Speed issue-again

Doug S

My RTC 1100C has been slow since purchased brand spanking new. When purchased, the dealer installed a factory 2" lift kit and 31 inch tires.
On flat ground, it would struggle to hit 20 MPH. Going up the long slows sloping driveway, it slowed down to 13-14 mph.
Took it back, they said nothing could be done.
Took it back again-nothing could be done. Decided to just live with it.
Got a recall the other day and took it in for that and asked them to check it for speed while they have it.
First service guy told me that the tires were too heavy and it would not be able to go any faster. I asked him if he thought I was an idiot? 200 lbs of tires prevents an motor vehicle from going full speed? Then he told me that the specs on my machine show 18 MPH top speed. Once again I had to show him the brochure clearly stating 25 MPH. Then he said I could not run the AC while going up the hill as it drags down the engine too much. Really??? I asked him if he purchased a brand new f350 and put one ton of feed in the back, would you need to turn off the AC to drive or expect it to only go 40 MPH?

Got another service writer and he had the service guys reset the pressures but they went from 3600 to 1800, stating that the higher pressure would equate to more power with lower pressure equating to higher speeds. Guess what-they billed me $650 for trying to correct their previous failures. They charged me $650 and it still goes 12-13 mph up that same damn hill.
I am fit to be tied right now and don't know what to do. I really like my unit but I feel I only got 80% of what I paid for.
Any ideas?

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
There is a service bulletin from kubota that discusses the speed issue, so the dealer should be able to fix it. Also because the diameter of the tire is larger you need to add about 5 miles per hour to what your speedometer reads. You can check this with a speedometer app for your phone. Arthuritis is really the expert on these transmissions hopefully he will respond to this thread.

Doug S

Agreed on actual speed but the speedometer should still accelerate to 25 as listed, even though you may be going 30.

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
The way my dealer explained it to me is there is a fine line between speed and the ability to climb a hill. You can have only one. There are several long threads about how to make this adjustment on here.

BBrian

I have gotten my 1100c >20mph but nowhere near the 29 the brochure claims. I know we didn't buy these machines for their speed but they should come close to their advertised performance. Anyone out there gotten >25?

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
Look up posts by Arthuritus. I believe he has achieved those speeds. He does a good job explaining the adjustments.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been dealing with a similar issue. I run on some very steep hills and it goes even slower than your hill speeds. I have 28" tires on mine. I finally checked speeds with GPS and found I was going faster than the speedo said. That helped me accept that it is what it is.
The dealer charging you and not fixing yours in any way, only offering excuses / facts of RTV life in some respects, is outrageous. That is horrible. How could you ever go back to them after that. Wow. Slimy dealership.

ETF

I have gotten my 1100c >20mph but nowhere near the 29 the brochure claims. I know we didn't buy these machines for their speed but they should come close to their advertised performance. Anyone out there gotten >25?

Yes ... according to the speedometer. When I first got my RTV X1120 I took it out on to the County Road outside my gate and floored it. The road is slightly downhill, but it was quite sprightly up to 25 mph and crawled up another 4 mph before I ran out of road. On the way back up the road it got up to about 22 mph but that was all she had.

Reactions: Doc

ItBmine

Just for reference my 1100 will hit 25 MPH on both speedo and Garmin GPS. I even see 27 on a slight downgrade. Totally stock. Worksite tires.
Will do it with AC on also just takes longer to get there.

I can climb hills at 10 MPH with 2 buckets of gravel in the back from my B2620.

Attachments

• 20210705_111220.jpg
    20210705_111220.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
By the way, the 29mph speed in the brochure is for the x1120. The x1100c is rated for 25. Also, there is a Parts and Service Bulletin from Kubota - PSB-2018-084 dated August 27, 2018 that deals with adjusting the speed.

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
That is the assumption that I came to, that the engine transmission combo is affected by weight.

ItBmine

I just know I have emailed Kubota a few times BEGGING them to give us 30 to 35 MPH then it would be perfect and the response I got was "no, we have to keep it at 25 MPH/40 KPH to fall within the law where it can be driven on public lands with only an SMV triangle."

Then they told me if I want to go faster than that buy a Sidekick. LOL

ItBmine

I'll say it again in case Kubota looks at these forums. I already use my RTV-X1100C for trail riding more than I use my atv's. And I know it is more focused at being a work machine. But if they were capable of doing 30 to 35 MPH I would have zero need to own my other atv's.

I know they say "well we make the RTV850 Sidekick for that" but let's face it......it probably has a better chassis than a Polaris/Can am, etc, but it lacks the features, nice seats and refinement those others have.

The 1100 is perfect other than the slow speed. It has the D1105 engine same as my B2620 tractor. So bump the power up to 26 h.p. like it and give us 35 MPH Kubota!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
There is a lot of call for a bit more speed. I wonder if there is any aftermarket solution to bump up the speed safely?

ItBmine

I don't know Doc. I tried googling any aftermarket stuff and all I came up with is the people that put a turbo on them, but none of them reported an increased speed, just more power.
Aside from the members here that reported a small increase in speed by going to bigger tires.

25 MPH is fine on the trails, just would be nice to have that bit extra for roading when you have to connect trails.

BBrian

I'll say it again in case Kubota looks at these forums. I already use my RTV-X1100C for trail riding more than I use my atv's. And I know it is more focused at being a work machine. But if they were capable of doing 30 to 35 MPH I would have zero need to own my other atv's.

I know they say "well we make the RTV850 Sidekick for that" but let's face it......it probably has a better chassis than a Polaris/Can am, etc, but it lacks the features, nice seats and refinement those others have.

The 1100 is perfect other than the slow speed. It has the D1105 engine same as my B2620 tractor. So bump the power up to 26 h.p. like it and give us 35 MPH Kubota!!
I believe they keep the HP under 25 to avoid the emissions requirements, Are these machines governed? Maybe that could be tweeked. I don't know just asking.

ItBmine

Well the limit I believe is 26 h.p. which is why my B is rated at that. I think the RTV is only rated at 24 h.p.

And it's strange and I've mentioned this before but even though my tractor is rated at a higher h.p. from it's D1105, it starts and runs with no odor or smoke. The RTV on the other hand will smoke you out of the garage when first started. And it always has a diesel smell when driving.
But it seems to pull strong compared to some of the ones members here complain about, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well the limit I believe is 26 h.p. which is why my B is rated at that. I think the RTV is only rated at 24 h.p.

And it's strange and I've mentioned this before but even though my tractor is rated at a higher h.p. from it's D1105, it starts and runs with no odor or smoke. The RTV on the other hand will smoke you out of the garage when first started. And it always has a diesel smell when driving.
But it seems to pull strong compared to some of the ones members here complain about, so I'm not going to worry about it.
I've owned an 06 RTV 900, an 09 RTV 1140 and currently a 15 RTV x1100c and I kept every one of them in the garage. Never ever was I smoked out by one nor have I had the diesel smell when driving. You might have something amiss my friend.

ItBmine

Well, like I said, it runs strong so I'm not going to worry about it. Still has lots of warranty, LOL