Speed

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
I am not sure about the non diesel models, but the way the hydrostat works with the transmission there is a fine line between speed and the ability to climb hills. You can milk a little more speed out of the diesel models but in the end you will not be able to climb hills.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a 2015 x1100c RTV. I put on 26" tires and saw 27mph on gps one time. On pavement. I'm usually on gravel or dirt. But, even on pavement I have not been able to duplicate this speed. Top gps speed that I can do on flat pavement is 25 mph. On gravel it's 22mph. Never checked gps on dirt as I have to go slower there.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
If you wanted Speed….. you should have bought a Kawasaki.

You have a damn fine and reliable work horse…not a race horse.

You will never find success making an RTV faster than about 25 mph. Tops.…and at the expense of dependability.

10-e-c-dirt

If you wanted Speed….. you should have bought a Kawasaki.

You have a damn fine and reliable work horse…not a race horse.

You will never find success making an RTV faster than about 25 mph. Tops.…and at the expense of dependability.
And that's goin down hill with a tailwind! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Doc

Smilingreen

Just got my RTV-X1100C this morning. On flat ground, 25MPH with the air on, all day long. Going up a 8 deg. road incline with air on:14 MPH. Going back down 8 Deg road incline with air on: 32 MPH. It is not a speed demon, by any means. My Deere 855D Diesel Gator would walk off and leave the Kubota. But in you got in a pulling match, I highly suspect the Kubota would pull the Deere backwards all over the field and never blink.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Just got my RTV-X1100C this morning. On flat ground, 25MPH with the air on, all day long. Going up a 8 deg. road incline with air on:14 MPH. Going back down 8 Deg road incline with air on: 32 MPH. It is not a speed demon, by any means. My Deere 855D Diesel Gator would walk off and leave the Kubota. But in you got in a pulling match, I highly suspect the Kubota would pull the Deere backwards all over the field and never blink.
Yup.

Bigorangething

Totally agree. I had my 1100 at 25 MPH downhill this morning.
Here is a video that confirms that the RTV will win the tug of war. Starts at about 17 minute mark.

Enjoy.