Sportsmans Paradise, LOUISIANA

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
.... Well, God give me another day. Went down to the camp to enjoy time with family and
friends.
Out there on the lake on the back porch, which is elevated about ten feet off the ground. Really big porch, caters to many folks.
Have cookers, tables, chairs , coolers all set up, having a great time. And then it happend....

BAM, .... BAM >>>> HORNETS show up. Mean critters, two hit me , once on the inside of the right hand. Once on the outside of the left. Two lit on the front of my shirt, but didn't make it. My best buddy, who was just walking out to see if he could help with the cookin'., realized that something wasn't right with me hollering and jumping around fighting. He came to help and BAM, he got hit.
Bad thing about this, I am allergic to them bad buggers, not only do they fell like someone shot you, but they will shut off my windpipe and shut me down, for good. We carry always
the EpiPen Injectors with us everywhere, keep them in the trucks, RTV's, equipment. They are my life line when I get stung. Mrs. Two Guns gathered one up, and poped one in the
theigh of the leg. Got very little swelled in the windpipe, but didn't shut me down.
Keep a cookin' and enjoyed the evening with the other folks. All had a good time. Swimming in the lake, fished, and enjoyed the good God has givin' us.

Attachments

• Flood Gator 3.jpg
    Flood Gator 3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 202

urednecku

WOW.
Glad you're all right! Hope ya got revenge on the nest. :14_6_12: so ya don't get hit again with any of that clan.

Reminds me of another use for WD40 & PB Blaster.
I've heard WD40 works to take the sting outta a bee or wasp hit, but I didn't have any close when I got hit by a wasp the other day. Inside -the tender part- of my left for-arm. I did have a can of blaster, one little shot of it and the sting stopped almost immediately, and no swelling.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
.... that is the crazy thing, we don't know where the hornets nest is. There is not one around the camp that we know of. Many looked all around, have not found anything evidence what so ever. Only thing we can figure, is they were swarming and I mess up the
natural dance and blew their party. Surpirsed we wasn't hit more for as many as they were.

Attachments

• HORNETS NEST.gif
    HORNETS NEST.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 192

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i don't recoment this to anyone just incase they are alergic. but i found out one day they do have a good side to bee stings.i have problems with my neck and one day i got stung on the back of my neck right in the place i got my neck fusions.sure it burned for a minute or two but soon after it numbed up the entire back of my neck and i was really pain free til it wore off.funny how somethings can kill one person yet stop pain for others.i got stung by regular honey bees not hornets .glad you was ok twoguns.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Two Guns, I'm sure glad you are still with us! .Thanks to epi pens, many lives are saved. God Bless you and Mrs Two Guns! bordercollie

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Glad you're OK, you never know what you're gonna run into in Loozyana!

I lived there for 18 years and miss it immensely, what a guy does for family!

urednecku

i don't recoment this to anyone just incase they are alergic. but i found out one day they do have a good side to bee stings.i have problems with my neck and one day i got stung on the back of my neck right in the place i got my neck fusions.sure it burned for a minute or two but soon after it numbed up the entire back of my neck and i was really pain free til it wore off.funny how somethings can kill one person yet stop pain for others.i got stung by regular honey bees not hornets .glad you was ok twoguns.

I had forgotten all about that....I have heard of people with, I think arthritis or joint pain, using honey-bee stings for pain treatment.

texasjohn

Sure glad you're OK....
I get a big kick out of the little icons and images you have at the end of most of your posts.... clever and appropriate.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I had forgotten all about that....I have heard of people with, I think arthritis or joint pain, using honey-bee stings for pain treatment.

it sure does work just make sure your not allergic to the bee stings and you'll be fine. now when i get stung i accually look farword to it .lol

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
nuthin gets twoguns down other than the chicken house closing down.good thing he carries his meds with him. some people don't know they are alergic til they get bit and then sometimes thats to late.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Appreciate the kind words from all !!!

Something to check into. Went to Wal-Mart to get another EpiPen.
Keep in mind, I had a replacement coming. They would not give me another for reason
the replacement / refill precription was over one year. They don't keep it on record over a
year. So I had to get a Doctor to call a script in for me to replace. Don't know about any other medications, but it is sure a fact on these. Cost for replacement of EpiPen, $ 110.69 !!!

Attachments

• Simple Dog.gif
    Simple Dog.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 51

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
scripts are only good for one year even if you have 5 refills it will expire at the one year date..been takin them pain meds for 14 years now and i done run into all kinda snags that i found out.i try not to get my meds from sams or walmart because they cheat you .i brought them a script for some pain meds because they claimed to be the cheapest well they was cheaper the first month .one med was 78.00 the first month the next month it was nearly 90.00 then the last time i got it filled last month it went to 110.00 i hate to see what they gonna charge me this month and thats just one of them i take 3 diferent kinds.over the years i have found that cvs is the best and cheapest and they never go up .