Thread LOck

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Some of you may laugh.
But if you don't have any "Loctite" thread lock. One can ALWAYS use
womens nail polish.
Have several bottles around shop. And even have a bottle of NEON color.

On nuts and bolts that is already put together and tight. Many times I will
take the NEON color with that brush ( love the brush ), and smeer a layer
around the set. YES, IT WILL HOLD !!!! Then, if I ever need to come off,
just put pressure with a wrench, and "pop" it realeases instantly. I use
this method on many things that I know will need to be removed later,
but still don't want it to come loose until then.

The neon color, for I can see what nut/bolt sets I've have covered.

Attachments

• Oddsworld 19.jpg
    Oddsworld 19.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 116

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I can't help but to laugh. I have a mental image of your manly truck going to the shop and the mechanic popping the hood. He would see all your bolts covered in neon nail polish.

Kidding aside, I've done that as well. I don't buy the stuff, I just collect the bottles from Mrs. Zoom or my daughter after they bought some bottle for Halloween or whatever (normally black or brown).

whatscookin

Gold Site Supporter
That sounds like a neat trick, something i have been reading about on a chainsaw site but have not tryed it yet is the use of Pine Sol for cleaning shuch things as a carb dip and it will not destroy rubber, the pictures looked like it works very good.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I don't buy the stuff, I just collect the bottles from Mrs. Zoom or my daughter after they bought some bottle for Halloween or whatever (normally black or brown).

In my case, as many know, we also own a beauty shop.
Todays special words are ......
"NAIL POLISH DISPLAY"....

There is been several times Mrs. Two Guns would point and
look at me ...... " did you "

Yep, I did it !!! Sorry, but I ran out of neon orange & yellow >>>> :tiphat:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Now that is a good idea!! I will have to try that on those console speaker bolts. Thanks, bordercollie

urednecku

Yea! Thanks for the tip. Now if I can find the Mrs. in the other end of the house for a minute.........

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Now that is a good idea!! I will have to try that on those console speaker bolts. Thanks, bordercollie

One can use clear on the things that can bee seen.
Good thing about it. With this, you don't have to "undo" the set.
Just apply on the outside and threads...... IT WILL HOLD !!!!

:thewave:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Yea! Thanks for the tip. Now if I can find the Mrs. in the other end of the house for a minute.........

Better make sure the Mrs. is on the other side of town.

If she is anything like mine, it hit's the fan !!!!!:shitHitsFan:
:fight:

Red Beard

I always catch flak for carrying a bottle of deep red in my possibles (purse) bag with all the rest of my black powder stuff when hunting. Once in a while my daughter or wife will try to steal it back but I always win on that. A dab around the nipple and some electrical tape over the muzzel and it's waterproof!:)

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I always catch flak for carrying a bottle of deep red in my possibles (purse) bag with all the rest of my black powder stuff when hunting. Once in a while my daughter or wife will try to steal it back but I always win on that. A dab around the nipple and some electrical tape over the muzzel and it's waterproof!:)

As long as it works !!!! Go for it !!!!

Just don't do what my crazy brother in law did. Years ago, he come up with the idea of wraping the older muzzleloader with Siran Wrap during bad, raining weather. And If a deer come out, all he would have to do is pull the hammer back, which the Siran Wrap would easily let you tear it open, aim, and fire.
WRONG AGAIN !!!

And it happened. Deer came out. He pulled back the hammer, Siran Wrap torn open perfectly. Gun Discharge. He missed deer. But the heat of the gun discharging made the Siran Wrap act like Heat Shrink Tubing. It shrunk up on that gun, or should I say. MELTED ONTO THAT WEAPON !!!! Can not get it off .....
He gets so mad at me. For when ever it is brought up. I laugh so hard, can't catch my breath. Tears in my eyes.

:poke:

......... two guns

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You are waaayyy to kinky for me (and mine... I hope) Dabs and such.
If I catch the Mrs or the daughter with ele tape or some of that red out of your purse...

Red Beard

Two Guns, that saran wrap thing made me cry too!:pat: Once one of my bags got sold at a church rummage sale.:angry3: That won't happen again.:)

Heatwave

Two Guns: Just don't get caught at deer camp with nail polish in your gear. You'll never explain it.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter

i can see the tape on the muzzle helping to keep water out of the gun but what good would putting nail polish on your nipples do for the gun?? why not just use a good old condem over the barrel?lmao

Red Beard

I guess the condom would work, but I just shoot through the tape and replace it after reloading. Could get a little salty, the cost, with condoms. As for the polish, that goes on after the new cap is on. I just paint the joint where the cap meets the nipple. Wish I could seal my Pro Hunter as tight. All that space around the 209 primer bothers me!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Aren't balloons cheaper then condoms? A 50-pack at the dollar store.