TIRE QUESTION 27X12X12

<P mce_keep="true">I have a question for the 1100 owners, (DDTTWEEKS & LRK) ......I know that these two members have 27x11x12 tires on their RTV's. I am thinking of ordering 27x12x12 tires and I would like to know how much room they have in the rear with their 27x11x12 tires????????? Would I have enough room for the 27x12x12 tires?? Or is it going to be a tight fit empty or with a load??????? If my calculations are correct, these tires would need 1/2 inch more room width wise on each side??? Am I correct or wrong?????? Thanks for all the HELP in advance.......</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil.....</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">it all depends on the tire. i know my 27"589's aren't really 27"tall they are like 27-1/2 "tall and they probably come short on thewidth too. but all tires run diferent.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true"> Don't think I would go over the 11 incher.In the winter, I'm running 27" 589's with 9's on front & 11's on back, and think I'm just pushing the limit !!!! But that's just my opinion !!!! </P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Another thing to think about, if you could put 12's on the RTV, talk about mud gettin' slung over the side. With 11's, get a little, but I know if 12's were on it, there would be mud thrown over the edges of the fenders.........</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> <FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=5>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~</FONT></P>

<P mce_keep="true">Thanks Tommy and Two Guns for (as always) good advice......[Y]</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil..</P>

ddttweeks

Rusty Anvil I checked the tire clearance on my 1100 with the 11's this morning. There is about 1 inch max.12inch might be close with any tire flex.On the front i have 9 inch and have had no rubbing problems at all.</p>

DDTTWEEKS,,,,,,,,</p>

Thanks for the info.......The Super Grip tires that I want don't come in 27x11x12, just 27x10x12 and 27x12x12 for the back so I will go for the 27x10x12 for the back........Thanks for the help..... ......I am also ordering the Super Grip 5 Star rims..........</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,</p>

LRK

Rusty Anvil</p>

I have 27x11-12's essex surefoot tires,front and rear and I think that's pushing the limit.They are really aggressive with 11/8 " lugs and stiff run flat sidewalls.I have not rubbed yet, just waiting for a steep hill and a tight turn. I have a 110 gal sprayer in the back so the load is about max.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i wanted to edit and correct my post about how high the tires are my 27"589's ain't 27-1/2" high they are 26-1/2 "high they run just about 1"short on them.thats a precise measurement i took right after mounting them so they was new and had all the tread.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Tommy,</p>

Don't worry about it. I'm the one that needs a spanking !!!!!!</p>

For months now, since my purchase of the new tires , I should of took the time to measure my own 27" 589's. I took the word froma gentleman who told me that they were actually 27 1/2" tall. Ever since then, if someone would ask, I would reply with the 27 1/2" figure.</p>

After you making your post, I went out to the shop, and measured my own. And you are EXACTLY CORRECT !!! They are only 26 1/2" tall......</p>

I myself, want to apologize to anybody I told the wrong figure. THE 27" 589's ARE 26 1/2" TALL !!!</p>

Thank you Tommy for bringing this to my attention !!!</p>

<span style="font-size: medium;"><font color="#ff0000"> <font face="JohnHancock">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</font></font></span></p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
it makes you wonder what if you buy a 25" is it gonna be smaller than the stock tires or not?i'm gonna measure the maxis tires on my rhino and see if they are 25". i guess we have to get a 28" tire just to have a 27"tire.lol note this isn't true for all tires some do measure the size they say they are. but i tell you what them 26-1/2 "tall 27"589's sure do bite and pull. </p>

LRK,,,,,</p>

I was just wondering if you had any rubbing with your Essex 27x11x12 tires and your 110 gallon sprayer??????</p>

How are the tires working????????</p>

Did you need the 2 inch lift kit????????</p>

</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,</p>

Charles

I have 26 x 12 x 12 tires all the way around on my 900. There is occasional light rubbing at full lock in the front. But other than that, not a thing.</p>